Mini rebuild. Why is anyone that surprised?

Blackbeard

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Most of this board knew this was a mini rebuild.  Most WGR guys even discussed that.

OF COURSE the Bills Brass isn't going to admit that.  THAT bit doesn't take an expert to figure out why.

If you truly are surprised by this, you're either gaslighting or just not really too involved, other than rants online.

Remember when the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill and let a bunch of other high-priced starters walk, and then won two more Super Bowls during their “mini re-build”?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

Eh - I still say we're as good as anyone this year.  

The league is very average right now.  

We just played 2 of the AFC's better teams in back-to-back weeks. The Ravens could have likely put up 50 on us if they had wanted to, and we only had a chance in the Texans game once Collins went out. You can think we are "as good as anyone this year", but honestly, can you really see us beating anyone besides the other garbage teams we've already beaten?

If so, what makes you think that? Is it based on something the Bills have shown you, or is it just based on the league being "very average" as you said? I just don't see how anyone can watch the Bills the last 2 weeks and think, "hey, we can still beat anyone on any given Sunday". No disrespect....just don't understand how anyone can walk away with that take unless they are being a homer.

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

But our FO said that even retooling this year, we weren't going to miss a beat and still be competitive......sure, we can beat up on bad teams but give us a challenge and we fold like a cheap Tua.

Things should be toughest early then get better so I’m curious how it plays out.  There’s a lot of new pieces getting acclimated and the schedule was pretty tough early

i don’t even know who’s a bad team yet…the cardinals are the bills loss away from leading their division, Miami with tua is a pretty tough out and we handled them well while he was in, jags have a bad record but have been competitive in all games but ours, ravens beat our a** that’s for sure 🤣, then Texans came down to the wire 

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

LMAO dude says I'm gaslighting when this FO and coaching staff have been doing exactly that to this fan base the entire off season.

"everyone eats" 😂

My point exactly.  NO one should be surprised.  Including you.  Dude.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Remember when the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill and let a bunch of other high-priced starters walk, and then won two more Super Bowls during their “mini re-build”?

That's entirely a different topic/thread.  But yes.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Offensive head coach. Hit on draft picks. Avoided bad contracts.

Bills have a DC as head coach. wasted high picks on Basham, Elam, Epanesa, etc. Bad contracts for Von, Knox, Bass, etc. Diggs debacle.

We are where we are. Can’t throw good $ after bad chasing above avg this year.

Just now, Blackbeard said:

My point exactly.  NO one should be surprised.  Including you.  Dude.

That's entirely a different topic/thread.  But yes.

Yes, nobody should be surprised they've been gaslighting us trying to act like everything is fine, and in-fact, making it sound like they'd be even better. 🙄

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

Did they eat a lot of dead money in that trade?  That’s what’s making it a ‘mini rebuild’ in our case.  Just the fact that they traded a great wr also doesn’t mean much 

I can’t find the contract specifics because the internet is all chiefs dolphins trade predictions for this year 😂

2 hours ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

Rebuilding from what? Divisional round losses? Our franchise QB being 7 years into his career and having the worst pass catching group since he had to throw to the leftover trash of the drought era his rookie year is a complete organizational failure that starts with Brandon Beane

Agree. If we’re going to buy into this “rebuild” thing, we should probably have a different HC. It’s rare for a coach to survive a rebuild; something fundamental always need to change, because why would the next 7 years be any different than the last if we’re just moving some pieces around?

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

We just played 2 of the AFC's better teams in back-to-back weeks. The Ravens could have likely put up 50 on us if they had wanted to, and we only had a chance in the Texans game once Collins went out. You can think we are "as good as anyone this year", but honestly, can you really see us beating anyone besides the other garbage teams we've already beaten?

If so, what makes you think that? Is it based on something the Bills have shown you, or is it just based on the league being "very average" as you said? I just don't see how anyone can watch the Bills the last 2 weeks and think, "hey, we can still beat anyone on any given Sunday". No disrespect....just don't understand how anyone can walk away with that take unless they are being a homer.

It's football. Practically every game comes down to a few plays.

What if Brady doesn't call the trick play last week?  What if we don't pass 3x yesterday?

We can beat anyone.  I'll stand by that.

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’d give them the benefit of the doubt if they had already won one Super Bowl and needed to retool for another. But, they haven’t. They haven’t demonstrated they can win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yes, nobody should be surprised they've been gaslighting us trying to act like everything is fine, and in-fact, making it sound like they'd be even better. 🙄

Do you just like to argue?  

No one who has an inkling of understanding of how the cap works, and the current state of the Bills, is shocked here.  Only just pissed for a potentially down season. I'm sorry you're limited in understanding things and were seemingly duped by the Bills in the off season. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Agree. If we’re going to buy into this “rebuild” thing, we should probably have a different HC. It’s rare for a coach to survive a rebuild; something fundamental always need to change, because why would the next 7 years be any different than the last if we’re just moving some pieces around?

Not quite sure this is a major overhaul. Just a regrouping of certain players aging out.  

The coaching question is a different thread.

Edited by Blackbeard

1 minute ago, Success said:

It's football. Practically every game comes down to a few plays.

What if Brady doesn't call the trick play last week?  What if we don't pass 3x yesterday?

We can beat anyone.  I'll stand by that.

We're not beating anyone in the playoffs with this WR room if we even make it there.  The only silver lining is that our division appears to be hot garbage.

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Do you just like to argue?  

No one who has an inkling of understanding of how the cap works, and the current state of the Bills, is shocked here.  Only just pissed for a potentially down season. I'm sorry you're limited in understanding things and were duped by the Bills in the off season. 

Not quite sure this is a major overhaul. Just a regrouping of certain players aging out.  

The coaching question is a different thread.

Why do you keep claiming (falsely BTW) people are surprised when half of this board or more have been saying this WR room isn't good enough before and after the draft?

It's like you're saying we have no right to complain when exactly what we said was the problem is rearing its head.

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

We ALL knew what this season was likely going to be.  

We gutted a bunch of defensive players.  We traded stallworths Diggs and Davis.  We didn't trade up for a WR or trade for a #1.

You cannot think that we will have a stacked roster year in, year out.  There HAS to be some rebuilding..  and this is it.  There is something called "the cap".

We are retooling.  Hoarding draft pics etc.

I am not surprised the talent level has dropped off.  Does it suck, sure.  But we are regrouping to enter into Allen's second window imo.

Everyone needs to calm down.  

Simply not true. The majority of posters expected a 12-5 season. And that little something called the cap is a direct reflection on beane with some very stupid contracts. I know he is the wizard, and he is off limits to criticism.  A rebuild is in place only because of failure, from the first few years of going all in. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

Eh - I still say we're as good as anyone this year.  

The league is very average right now.  

We're clearly not as good as anyone. We're better than the worst, and nowhere near good as the best.  WC round or division, take your pick

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

We ALL knew what this season was likely going to be.  

We gutted a bunch of defensive players.  We traded stallworths Diggs and Davis.  We didn't trade up for a WR or trade for a #1.

You cannot think that we will have a stacked roster year in, year out.  There HAS to be some rebuilding..  and this is it.  There is something called "the cap".

We are retooling.  Hoarding draft pics etc.

I am not surprised the talent level has dropped off.  Does it suck, sure.  But we are regrouping to enter into Allen's second window imo.

Everyone needs to calm down.  

I hate this very topic, the Pats and KC did this after winning Superbowls. You don’t do this after coming up short 2 years in a row or if you do you pick 1 side of the ball ( which should have been defense). Josh is going to get killed out there because we have a bunch of WR 4’s acting as 1’s and an OC with absolutely no creativity to scheme players open. It’s gotten so bad that Tasker and Brown on WGR are saying we need more Dawson Knox? We need more plays to our TE2? WTF? Schem open Kincaid, what does Samuel do well, scheme him, swing Cook out wide and have Samuel run the ball. I created that play in literally 22seconds how come our OC can’t think of anything but a bubble screen that gets our guys killed?

• Agree 1