Mini rebuild. Why is anyone that surprised?

Blackbeard

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You can't waste a year of Allen.

He could get injured at anytime.

Look what happend to Cam Newton.

Beane has failed us and Allen. Why people trust him at this point is nuts to me.

At this rate, Allen is not going to make it to the bye week.  He’s taken huge hits two weeks in a row, including on the insane “trick play” last week.  

The inability to get the most out of Josh Allen is the biggest and most unforgivable fail of the McBeane administration and it’s the primary reason that they need to go now.

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I get that, but you also cannot afford to bring in the best every year to surround him.  The league is cap prohibited in this respect.  Something HAS to give.

Never said that.

That's true but hoarding draft picks for 2025 when they could have made a play for a better WR or at least another one would have been better. Also the WR group is the worst in the league.

Look I get it the organization wanted to move on from Diggs. But why do you do it after the draft??? Did we really need a 3rd running back drafted?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

At this rate, Allen is not going to make it to the bye week.  He’s taken huge hits two weeks in a row, including on the insane “trick play” last week.  

The inability to get the most out of Josh Allen is the biggest and most unforgivable fail of the McBeane administration and it’s the primary reason that they need to go now.

Great.  Fire your GM and HC.

Lose another few years getting the new GM and coach's pieces in place.  Makes sense.  

You do recognize firing one (let alone BOTH) means likely new schemes, new personnel, etc.  That DEF doesn't happen overnight.

43 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

We ALL knew what this season was likely going to be.  

We gutted a bunch of defensive players.  We traded stallworths Diggs and Davis.  We didn't trade up for a WR or trade for a #1.

You cannot think that we will have a stacked roster year in, year out.  There HAS to be some rebuilding..  and this is it.  There is something called "the cap".

We are retooling.  Hoarding draft pics etc.

I am not surprised the talent level has dropped off.  Does it suck, sure.  But we are regrouping to enter into Allen's second window imo.

Everyone needs to calm down.  

Because this was still a winnable game if we didn't have far and away the worst Head Coach in football. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

And just how do you think the Bills afford to do so?  

Some of you just totally forget the cap.

Let's see...the Samuel signing looks absolutely ridiculous at this point.  Waste of $$ right there.  Knox is also a waste at this point. Signing Bass to a 4 year/$21M extension was dumb. The cap situation the team is in is all their own doing.

The Bills have draft capital and some cap room. They chose not to use it and go with the "everybody eats" gimmick instead, which has left everyone starving the last two weeks.

"Everyone eats" only works if the guys you have are actually starting caliber WRs on a team expecting to make a playoff run.

They could make a move now but will probably sit on their hands rather than admit they made a mistake thinking this WR room was going to get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Let's see...the Samuel signing looks absolutely ridiculous at this point.  Waste of $$ right there.  Knox is also a waste at this point. Signing Bass to a 4 year/$21M extension was dumb. The cap situation the team is in is all their own doing.

Hindsight is great, isn't it.  You're a regular  old Nostradamus!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Blackbeard said:

Lose another few years getting the new GM and coach's pieces in place.  Makes sense.  

You do recognize firing one (let alone BOTH) means likely new schemes, new personnel, etc.  That DEF doesn't happen overnight.

Nonsense. If you have the QB you can win immediately.  Those others regime changes almost always start with a QB change. Not the case here. Switzer, Seifert, and McCarthy all won championships after taking over with a HOF QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, there is risk associated with changing coaches and/or GMs, but this regime is in its eighth year and it hasn't even gotten close to getting this team over the top.  We are still losing games the same way and we are still failing to maximize the most talented QB in the league.  Every season looks more or less the same. The clock is ticking and the biggest risk is continuing to squander Josh Allen's career.      

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Rebuilding from all the veterans on our defense leaving. Probably a year late tbh. We’ve lost White, Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds in the past two years and Von Miller has been effectively out with injury/suspension. We also lost all of our veteran WRs this offseason.

We’re eating a big helping of dead cap this year. The goal is to get young guys some experience and do the best we can.

And that’s on the staff for not being able to identify young talent earlier and hit on high ceiling draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Blackbeard said:

Samuel clearly still has the toe (hence his lack of speed, downfield) and they certainly do use Knox.  Just not as a catching end.

So if Samuel can't run, why would they be trying to use him in gadget and screen plays, when screens especially rely on speed and the ability to make people miss?

And you're telling me they paid Knox all that money to block, which he's not great at anyway?  Are you serious right now?

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So if Samuel can't run, why would they be trying to use him in gadget and screen plays, when screens especially rely on speed and the ability to make people miss?

And you're telling me they paid Knox all that money to block, which he's not great at anyway?  Are you serious right now?

Both of your comments you're putting words in my mouth.

1.  never said samuel "can't" run.    He is being limited for a reason however, and that is likely injury.  

2.  I didn't say the "paid Knox all that money to block".  I only stated they certainly ARE using him, and that reason is TO block.

Don't twist my words to bolster your claims.

11 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Both of your comments you're putting words in my mouth.

1.  never said samuel "can't" run.    He is being limited for a reason however, and that is likely injury.  

2.  I didn't say the "paid Knox all that money to block".  I only stated they certainly ARE using him, and that reason is TO block.

Don't twist my words to bolster your claims.

So you admit Knox is vastly overpaid for the role he's in? 

And I'm still trying to hear what's the point of using Samuel is if he can't run like you're saying.  He hasn't been on the injury report since week 1 (a month ago) where he was FP the entire week anyway.

Edited by Billz4ever

49 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So you admit Knox is vastly overpaid for the role he's in? 

And I'm still trying to hear what's the point of using Samuel is if he can't run like you're saying.  He hasn't been on the injury report since week 1 (a month ago) where he was FP the entire week anyway.

Not being on an injury report doesn't mean players aren't dealing with things and being utilized in lesser roles.  (see Von Miller).

I'm not looking to get into miniscule, detailed tit for tad arguments.  This is a larger picture thread.  

No one should be surprised we're struggling offensively.  

Edited by Blackbeard

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Not being on an injury report doesn't mean players aren't dealing with things and being utilized in lesser roles.  (see Von Miller).

I'm not looking to get into miniscule, detailed tit for tad arguments.  This is a larger picture thread.  

No one should be surprised we're struggling offensively.  

No one should be surprised?

They literally tried selling it to the fan base that this WR room would be even better because we don't have a true #1 for opponents to key on that they could box and take away.

Total BS.  The only part of that they were correct on is that we don't have a #1.

Edited by Billz4ever

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

No one should be surprised?

They literally tried selling it to the fan base that this WR room would be even better because we don't have a true #1 for opponents to key on that they could box and take away.

Total BS.  The only part of that they were correct on is that we don't have a #1.

Most of this board knew this was a mini rebuild.  Most WGR guys even discussed that.

OF COURSE the Bills Brass isn't going to admit that.  THAT bit doesn't take an expert to figure out why.

If you truly are surprised by this, you're either gaslighting or just not really too involved, other than rants online.

• Agree 1

Most of this board knew this was a mini rebuild.  Most WGR guys even discussed that.

OF COURSE the Bills Brass isn't going to admit that.  THAT bit doesn't take an expert to figure out why.

If you truly are surprised by this, you're either gaslighting or just not really too involved, other than rants online.

LMAO dude says I'm gaslighting when this FO and coaching staff have been doing exactly that to this fan base the entire off season.

"everyone eats" 😂