Allen looks.. off this year.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The FO/HC are going nowhere

You've got a QB struggling to run this offense, potentially lose a step, and after this season will likely no longer be viewed among the league's elite due to performance and injury

This allows us to utilize a bunch of draft capital on defense while saving on a reasonably priced QB who can handoff and throw checkdowns to Cook

Again, what McDermott wants. Then Allen wins 3 superbowls for another team. Come on man, you know that would happen.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/9/2024 at 6:06 AM, TheWei44 said:

He came extremely close to throwing one or two against Houston - He/we got very lucky.

I agree.  He was crazy careless with the ball quite a bit in that game.  He was just a hot mess in general and very lucky not to have a couple of picks to make his horrendous stat line even worse.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't care what Allen does if he isn't on the Bills 

He is the one player that I would follow in the history of the Bills. This kid has given everything and all the FO and Coaching have done is let him down.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He is the one player that I would follow in the history of the Bills. This kid has given everything and all the FO and Coaching have done is let him down.

Meh just another depreciating asset to be kept running on smelling salts and Mack Hollinses until we can get some trade value out of him

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Again, what McDermott wants. Then Allen wins 3 superbowls for another team. Come on man, you know that would happen.

I think GoBills808 is kidding and mocking some of the more imaginative Allen takes on these threads.

But yes I do think this is what McD would want if he could get it.  Like I posted on another tread McD is probably jealous of his friend Tomlin who doesn't have to deal with an elite QB and can structure game plans entirely around the D.

And if Shanahan ever got his hands on Allen the Super Bowl wins would fall into his lap.

On 10/8/2024 at 10:08 PM, balln said:

These injuries are a large part his own fault. Sorry he’s not getting a pass. This year 

maybe instead of running and jumping / hurdling in from 10 yard out week 1.He learns to just become elite anticipatory accurate thrower in the red zone. His passing metrics are bad near goaline

prob should have just dirted that trick play - but I’ll blame OL and Brady for that 

then lastly. Hes not going to be able to bail right and live that way for his career. He’s gonna have to learn to navigate and step up the pocket and throw w good platform more

Yep and I bet you thought Andrew Lucks injuries were his fault to.  The more I think about it the more worried I am that Allen will pull a Luck and I wouldn't blame him in the least if he did.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen was horrific on Sunday and it was multifactorial. 1) He got pressured early because our protection schemes suck. This O-line has a hard time figuring out who’s coming. They aren’t getting smoked all the time 1 on 1 (although Edwards, Torrance, and Brown had some turnstile blocks) but the simulated pressures are confusing them. Then Josh got the happy feet, and started bailing out of clean pockets. The WRs suck, but there were plenty of opportunities where they did get open and Josh passed them up, God knows why. It happens, he had a sht game. He was 9 for 30 against an AFC contender and we should have taken them to OT. 

Brady needs to switch up the first down runs though. Can’t remember exactly but it was like 80% of the time he was running on first down. Clown show.

11 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Allen was horrific on Sunday and it was multifactorial. 1) He got pressured early because our protection schemes suck. This O-line has a hard time figuring out who’s coming. They aren’t getting smoked all the time 1 on 1 (although Edwards, Torrance, and Brown had some turnstile blocks) but the simulated pressures are confusing them. Then Josh got the happy feet, and started bailing out of clean pockets. The WRs suck, but there were plenty of opportunities where they did get open and Josh passed them up, God knows why. It happens, he had a sht game. He was 9 for 30 against an AFC contender and we should have taken them to OT. 

Brady needs to switch up the first down runs though. Can’t remember exactly but it was like 80% of the time he was running on first down. Clown show.

Yep. It's the Friday before an our Monday night game and I already know the first play of the game for the Bills.  It's a run up the gut. Shhhhhhh.

12 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah when the sabres let go of their stars back about 20 years ago I stopped watching - done 

35 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yep. It's the Friday before an our Monday night game and I already know the first play of the game for the Bills.  It's a run up the gut. Shhhhhhh.

Fake read option up the gut for no gain to get the opponents fans in it 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

The first down running is a big issue.  This probably isn't the week we can change that much

Unless you get man with MVS, who could actually run past their players and get open... but we can't seem to execute that 

13 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

For MILLIONS of dollars! Hey, he's done a great job but let's not pretend like he's not being handsomely compensated for playing a game.

13 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Agreed, I’ve been a Bills fan for 40+ years, if Allen goes and McDermott stays my golf game is going to get a lot better.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think GoBills808 is kidding and mocking some of the more imaginative Allen takes on these threads.

But yes I do think this is what McD would want if he could get it.  Like I posted on another tread McD is probably jealous of his friend Tomlin who doesn't have to deal with an elite QB and can structure game plans entirely around the D.

And if Shanahan ever got his hands on Allen the Super Bowl wins would fall into his lap.

Yep and I bet you thought Andrew Lucks injuries were his fault to.  The more I think about it the more worried I am that Allen will pull a Luck and I wouldn't blame him in the least if he did.

I was being facetious at first but honestly I think the idea has a lot of merit

Right now we have a big mismatch in philosophy. There is just no need to roster an elite QB on a team that throws at one of the lowest rates in the league. What I'm proposing nets us a bunch of draft capital to fortify the defense and an affordable QB to run ball control offense.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Right now we have a big mismatch in philosophy. There is just no need to roster an elite QB on a team that throws at one of the lowest rates in the league. What I'm proposing nets us a bunch of draft capital to fortify the defense and an affordable QB to run ball control offense.

I would prefer the much easier and safer way of stocking the Bills Super Bowl trophy case by getting rid of McD; bringing in the best offensive minded coach available and focus the lions share of draft picks and FA signings on the offense.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

man idk…look at Jayden Daniels right now.  The dude is playing out of his mind and they are running it a TON.  Would they not resign him to a big deal if he keeps playing like this because they don’t need a top tier passer.

also kc is pretty much right at our rushing percentage this year despite being in a lot less run out second half in a blowout type football. 

a lot of y’all want Ben Johnson which is about the same rush percentage as we’re seeing now scheme wise 

I think the gap between the team that rushed the most and the least was only 16% last year it’s not like teams are running way way more or less than others 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 10/7/2024 at 10:25 AM, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

He's made some bad throws that should have been intercepted about 3 or 4 times at least. Be careful what you wish for.