Allen looks.. off this year.

These injuries are a large part his own fault. Sorry he’s not getting a pass. This year 

maybe instead of running and jumping / hurdling in from 10 yard out week 1.He learns to just become elite anticipatory accurate thrower in the red zone. His passing metrics are bad near goaline

prob should have just dirted that trick play - but I’ll blame OL and Brady for that 

then lastly. Hes not going to be able to bail right and live that way for his career. He’s gonna have to learn to navigate and step up the pocket and throw w good platform more

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, balln said:

These injuries are a large part his own fault. Sorry he’s not getting a pass. This year 

maybe instead of running and jumping / hurdling in from 10 yard out week 1.He learns to just become elite anticipatory accurate thrower in the red zone. His passing metrics are bad near goaline

prob should have just dirted that trick play - but I’ll blame OL and Brady for that 

then lastly. Hes not going to be able to bail right and live that way for his career. He’s gonna have to learn to navigate and step up the pocket and throw w good platform more

I feel like we’ve been running into eachother on these Josh posts often enough where this doesn’t need a super long response haha so for this one I’m gonna stick to…that week 1 play really wasn’t a hurdle at all or even that dangerous of a play….it was more of a sidestep than anything. He’s clearly been protecting himself better this year and people are starting to complain he’s possibly protecting himself too much it seems 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I feel like we’ve been running into eachother on these Josh posts often enough where this doesn’t need a super long response haha so for this one I’m gonna stick to…that week 1 play really wasn’t a hurdle at all or even that dangerous of a play….it was more of a sidestep than anything. He’s clearly been protecting himself better this year and people are starting to complain he’s possibly protecting himself too much it seems 🤣

Well he broke his hand landing on it there. So of course he’s protecting himself more 

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Well he broke his hand landing on it there. So of course he’s protecting himself more 

He seemed to be sliding more towards the tail end of last year too I don’t think this has a been in response to his hand/this season.  Even the ‘hurdling in from 10 yards out’ play didn’t seem particularly high risk…the defender went extremely low 

Couple of things in mind, Allen is too focused on not throwing interceptions. Allen is still trying to gel with his Receivers, however the receivers are having a hard time getting open. Finally, Allen thrives off of mid field throws but since these receivers are taking a while to get open he loses focus and patience in the pocket which results in him making errant throws.

Still, you have to wonder if these receivers truly know the routes they should be running or is it all on Josh.

He has an injured left hand, do you realize that?   He did not slide in week one, he injured his hand (not in the pocket btw) and he now needs to be careful.  I am surprised how little attention that injury gets.  It has affected game plans and his on the field decisions.   The Bills were fortunate vs the Dolphins and Jags games that they did not need more out of Allen.  Teams are adjusting to what the Bills are doing, now it is their turn to adjust, they will.   Allen had 250 yards and 4 TD's in a half vs Jacksonville, he easily could have hit 300 in that game.  Anyway, you should not be focused on stats but wins/losses. 

I guess you forgot last year they were 6-6 with careless 18 INT JA?  He personally lost a couple of those games with carelessness.  I get you dont want him reserved not wanting to make a mistake, I don't see that.  Not turning it over is a good thing

BTW:  Guess who has more iNT's than Allen since the start of last year?  The guy in KC...

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2024 at 1:25 PM, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

He looked great over the first three games.  I think the bigger problem is that the game script caught up with the lack of receiver talent - especially with Shakir out.   Poor line play hasn’t helped either 

51 minutes ago, Cubanmist said:

Couple of things in mind, Allen is too focused on not throwing interceptions. Allen is still trying to gel with his Receivers, however the receivers are having a hard time getting open. Finally, Allen thrives off of mid field throws but since these receivers are taking a while to get open he loses focus and patience in the pocket which results in him making errant throws.

Still, you have to wonder if these receivers truly know the routes they should be running or is it all on Josh.

He came extremely close to throwing one or two against Houston - He/we got very lucky.

Edited by TheWei44
  • Agree 1

On 10/7/2024 at 1:25 PM, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

I think it's quite amazing he's won player of the month and has no interceptions after losing Diggs/Davis and inserting them with Mack Hollins, a rookie Coleman and MVS, almost astonishing to me. I do feel though that this group is going to get him seriously injured though plus he's slifing to prevent further injury to my hand imo as it has to be annoying him.

Make no mistake about it, Allen was down right bad against the Texans...and not because of the people around him, the kind of bad are things squarely on him.  Doesn't mean he couldn't use more weapons, but the fact remains, on Sunday he was wildly inaccurate, he made a lot of bad decisions including bailing on the pocket prematurely, holding the ball too long,  not taking the open guy, missing reads all together, and going off script in critical moments like the final drive when he was supposed to get a first down and not take shots down field.  McD was furious on that drive and was yelling this on the sideline too and Allen had 3 guys open underneath and yet forced a ball to Mack Hollins because as Brady put it...."Allen thought he saw something with Mack"...but he was never supposed to throw to mack who was running a clear out.  

I really hope both Cook and Shakir play this week...Jets D is still pretty good, they are already going to be fired up with a new OC and new HC now, so not exactly the soft Defense you would hope to see to help the offense get back in a groove.  So to do it short handed is not ideal to say the least.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Make no mistake about it, Allen was down right bad against the Texans...and not because of the people around him, the kind of bad are things squarely on him.  Doesn't mean he couldn't use more weapons, but the fact remains, on Sunday he was wildly inaccurate, he made a lot of bad decisions including bailing on the pocket prematurely, holding the ball too long,  not taking the open guy, missing reads all together, and going off script in critical moments like the final drive when he was supposed to get a first down and not take shots down field.  McD was furious on that drive and was yelling this on the sideline too and Allen had 3 guys open underneath and yet forced a ball to Mack Hollins because as Brady put it...."Allen thought he saw something with Mack"...but he was never supposed to throw to mack who was running a clear out.  

I really hope both Cook and Shakir play this week...Jets D is still pretty good, they are already going to be fired up with a new OC and new HC now, so not exactly the soft Defense you would hope to see to help the offense get back in a groove.  So to do it short handed is not ideal to say the least.

Allens biggest issue is he doesn't throw with anticipation and that hasn't changed. If he hit his back foot and threw with anticipation to where a WR was going a lot of those pass plays last Sunday might have been completions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Allens biggest issue is he doesn't throw with anticipation and that hasn't changed. If he hit his back foot and threw with anticipation to where a WR was going a lot of those pass plays last Sunday might have been completions. 

I don’t think there’s one predictable ‘this always goes wrong’ issue when he has bad games.  He threw a few balls with too much anticipation I’d say in quite a few ints last year where  dbs easily baited him into a read, sometimes he bails pockets early cuz he loses confidence in his blocking, sometimes he passes up underneath stuff, sometimes he just can’t hit a throw in the intermediate-long ish range, sometimes he’ll take a huge sack waiting for a route to just about come open. 

I think one consistent issue is on the total ‘air it out’ type throws where he’s throwing it out there nearly as far as he can.  He usually hits those 20-30ish yard lasers that we watched him miss a bunch of in that Texans game though. That game felt like a perfect storm of a lot of those things going wrong 

On 10/9/2024 at 8:14 AM, Cubanmist said:

They don’t seem to be route adjusting the exact way he’s expecting all the time…not that that excuses plenty of throws he just flat out missed in that one it’s just an additive thing that made it even worse 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2024 at 4:08 PM, balln said:

Allen to the Niners for their next 3 first round picks

Who says no

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Allen to the Niners for their next 3 first round picks

Who says no

The bills trade Josh Allen to the niners for 3 1st rd picks?

the bills say no…. Sarcasm or something?

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Purdy is exactly the type QB Mcdermott wants

The FO/HC are going nowhere

You've got a QB struggling to run this offense, potentially lose a step, and after this season will likely no longer be viewed among the league's elite due to performance and injury

This allows us to utilize a bunch of draft capital on defense while saving on a reasonably priced QB who can handoff and throw checkdowns to Cook

• Like (+1) 1