Allen looks.. off this year.

The ONLY game he has looked "off" was yesterday. He was very inaccurate. How was he in practice during the week? He could have had an off game, that happens... or be injured from that brutal failed trick play. 

IF he has any symptoms of concussions, IF, rest him. You don't risk a JA17 career for a week 5 or 6 game. You just don't. 

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Here is what happens when you have no WRs open. Josh has to run around and take more hits. Not all on him. 

Why do people keep using this? There’s receivers open. Josh is ignoring them. He’s had this problem his whole career. His talent covers for it a lot but he could be easily the best ever if he could play smarter. His talent level is crazy good his decision making not so much 

Allen struggles to play within the structure of the offense consistently. He wants to play backyard football when he doesn’t have to. It’s great he can do it when it’s needed but it’s not needed as much as he does it. There’s a decent amount of times a receiver is open at the top of his drop, he looks elsewhere then runs around. Just throw the ball to the open guy. He doesn’t have to make highlight reel plays every single play. 

Tom Brady brought it up to him in one of his podcasts. Said he’s stubborn and has to do things his way and told Josh that he doesn’t have to force things deep when there’s a safer option shorter. Josh scoffed at him and rolled his eyes. 

It happens in games they win and in games they lose. However when they win everyone acts like everything is fine and there’s nothing to improve even when there is. It’s oh we won everything is perfect. Then oh we lost everything sucks. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brand J said:

As much as the players around him need to get better, if Allen hits those two TDs to Hollins and Kincaid, the outcome would’ve been very different and this post wouldn’t exist.

If Allen hits them or if the receivers make the catches?  

2 hours ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

I actually think he looked fine until yesterday's game.  He was off target and seemed to be pressing.  He was under a lot of pressure, but after that hit he took against the Ravens, it does make you wonder.

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do people keep using this? There’s receivers open. Josh is ignoring them. He’s had this problem his whole career. His talent covers for it a lot but he could be easily the best ever if he could play smarter. His talent level is crazy good his decision making not so much 

Allen struggles to play within the structure of the offense consistently. He wants to play backyard football when he doesn’t have to. It’s great he can do it when it’s needed but it’s not needed as much as he does it. There’s a decent amount of times a receiver is open at the top of his drop, he looks elsewhere then runs around. Just throw the ball to the open guy. He doesn’t have to make highlight reel plays every single play. 

Tom Brady brought it up to him in one of his podcasts. Said he’s stubborn and has to do things his way and told Josh that he doesn’t have to force things deep when there’s a safer option shorter. Josh scoffed at him and rolled his eyes. 

It happens in games they win and in games they lose. However when they win everyone acts like everything is fine and there’s nothing to improve even when there is. It’s oh we won everything is perfect. Then oh we lost everything sucks. 

Let’s see what the top WR analyst in the world has to say:

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Let’s see what the top WR analyst in the world has to say:

I understand how passionate you are about them not being able to separate but yesterday there was receivers open. 

You were at the game. You should have saw them. 

I'm in no way shape or form saying these receivers are good at separating or anything like that. They need an upgrade or 4 badly. I’m saying there was open receivers (TEs and RBs are included in this) and Josh went elsewhere. Something he’s had issues with at times throughout his career. 

That clip doesn’t really say much of anything besides the receivers are meh. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I understand how passionate you are about them not being able to separate but yesterday there was receivers open. 

You were at the game. You should have saw them. 

I saw exactly what Matt Harmon saw. I posted it on here well before the tweet. Matt Bove had a similar view to me and said the same thing. I’m yet to find ANYONE that thought they were open and I’m certain the all 22 will show that. The Texans fan in front of us thought it was hysterical.

I’m passionate about surrounding Josh with talent. I’m a believer that, if, you’re ever going to win one it will be because of Josh Allen. Why do we surround him with the worst playmakers in the league?  Yes, they may be 32, but no better than 30th. I don’t understand that logic? You need to get talent around him to turbocharge him. Instead, they tried to make him overcome their shortcomings. That should cost some their jobs.

We are wasting the prime of the most talented player that we’ve ever had (with the possible exceptions of Bruce and OJ). He also happens to play the most important position in sports. We have him targeting Mack Hollins 12 times in 2 games. Shockingly, that resulted in 3 catches for 32 yards. Josh wasn’t good yesterday. The guys blanketed all over the field is the biggest reason why. They just lock up those scrubs and blitz like crazy. This is the new reality until talent arrives.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I saw exactly what Matt Harmon saw. I posted it on here well before the tweet. Matt Bove had a similar view to me and said the same thing. I’m yet to find ANYONE that thought they were open and I’m certain the all 22 will show that. The Texans fan in front of us thought it was hysterical.

I’m passionate about surrounding Josh with talent. I’m a believer that, if, you’re ever going to win one it will be because of Josh Allen. Why do we surround him with the worst playmakers in the league?  Yes, they may be 32, but no better than 30th. I don’t understand that logic? You need to get talent around him to turbocharge him. Instead, they tried to make him overcome their shortcomings. That should cost some their jobs.

We are wasting the prime of the most talented player that we’ve ever had (with the possible exceptions of Bruce and OJ). He also happens to play the most important position in sports. We have him targeting Mack Hollins 12 times in 2 games. Shockingly, that resulted in 3 catches for 32 yards. Josh wasn’t good yesterday. The guys blanketed all over the field is the biggest reason why. They just lock up those scrubs and blitz like crazy. This is the new reality until talent arrives.

I agree with pretty much everything here.

From the top of my head the route Kincaid ran on the play before James Cook TD was open a lot. Posts or in breaking routes a couple times. Hollins on one iirc and MVS on another. Hollins deep shot.  

Like I said in the edit of my previous post I when I say receivers are open I’m including every passing option. I apologize if there’s confusion because  receivers means WRs. I should use a different word. 

My issue is Josh missing open options. Not saying the WRs can separate and are good because I’m not, they’re bad. 

3 hours ago, BuffBills51 said:

I think the bigger issue is Brady's refusal to allow Allen to be himself. Allen is a top 3 quarterback but is 22nd in the league in pass attempts. Brady is essentially taking the game out of his hands and putting it on our run game. Brady seems to have a fascination of running out of the heavy package on first downs and not mixing it up while teams stack the box against the run and put the Bills into 2nd and 3rd and long situations allowing the defense to play solely for a pass. In the game day thread I kept asking why we wouldn't go play action on first down when the Texans were selling out for the run every time Anderson was on the field.

I agree 100%.  I say all the time that we are playing Canadian football.  We only give ourselves 2 downs to make a first because many times we are not gaining anything on first down.  God forbid we do play action on first down

Josh’s decision making on that last drive was awful. 1st pass to Keon Coleman was not open. It was 50/50 ball. He missed a wide open crosser in the middle of the field. 2nd play he has Kincaid wide open underneath instead he throws another 50/50 ball to Mack Hollins. Then on the 3rd throw he under throws Samuel which would have been a first down.  

4 hours ago, bills6969 said:

He looked terrific in the first 3 games.  We just went against two of the better defenses in the league on the road. People just need to calm the ***** down with these hot takes.

Are you saying this message board is filled with hyperbolic reactionary takes week to week? 

4 hours ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

Absolutely amazing to me that people don’t see the lack of talent on this team.

Look around the league and please tell me who the top QB’s have to throw to. Compare that to Josh. 

This regime has forced us to be a run team with the best QB in football imo.

sad!

I came back just for this thread. As much as many want to blame Allen, as I did for 4 seasons, and it's known I did want him traded, you cannot seriously even consider blaming Allen for this season.

Let's face a bit of reality, as I have had to. 1st, Allen is one of the best 4 QB's in the league. He has nothing to work with as of right now. Tight ends? Sorry, Knox is a primary blocker, Kincaid isn't getting plays drawin' up to his strength. The receiving corps? Laughable, just insane Beane and company are wasting this QB's true potential. And you all know of what I speak, the play calling, routes, game strategy management........let's be honest with one another, I was dead wrong about Allen, and this team's game strategists straight out suck.

In the end, right QB, wrong mngt and coaching team. Truth!!!

He was the NFL Offensive player of the Month for September. Everyone else who plays offense was more off than him. So there is that. 

Couldn't agree more . Something seems off for sure.. It's pretty obvious imo and I miss the highlight reel machine , but turnovers sprinkled in.. 

Is the left hand making him think too much about running?

Just overall he hasn't looked like Josh at all last 2 gms