Allen looks.. off this year.

36 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Yeah, that one where Samuel's guy blitzed (in the third Q I think) I thought Samuel should have just gone out and turned around. Instead he went down the field 20 yards.

I def think this is some of the issue and will improve…quite a few of those scramble drill plays if guys did what Josh expected there were some big play opportunities 

wont fix everything obviously but it will help a bit 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Offensive NFL Player of the month.....

And IF you've been watching, you know he should have at least 4-5 INT's on the year already (including 1 yesterday)...ya know, if that's what you really miss. 

He has no 300 yard games or consistent games throwing yet because his receiving core overall lacks talent. 

1 hour ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

He looks off and has, arguably, the worst pass catchers in the NFL, but there is no correlation?

Explain Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

37 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Seems to me there is a bit of a book on JA now. Take the middle away and make our wr's beat you outside. The announcers talked about how the ravens wanted to do that and seemed to me the texans did it to. It's up to Brady to try and counter that with what we have. Will be interesting if we see some different guys getting a few more snaps, like maybe even getting Hamler up just to try and threaten the defense a little bit differently from what we've been doing.

Texans didn’t pull it off nearly as convincingly as the ravens.  The plays were there for us to win this one we just didn’t make them.  That’s the thing with man blitz,  a lot of plays you’ll get home fast enough where the coverage on the back end holds up and you look like a genius.  But the few times it doesn’t you SHOULD get torched for big plays.

teams have been doing this to josh for years and the games the oline doesn’t hold up and Josh’s accuracy is off consistently throughout we put up absolute stinkers but most qbs would do the same.  It isn’t new by any means 

mahomes is starting to see a similar situation and is struggling also 

Here are Allen's stats on the year:

YPA 7.2

Passer rating 102.8

TD% 6.1%

INT% 0%

Sack% 4.38%

ANY/A 7.76

Here are Mahomes' stats from last year:

YPA 7.0

Passer rating 92.6

TD% 4.5%

INT% 2.3%

Sack% 4.33%

ANY/A 6.26

It's not Allen. This is what happens to any passing offense led by any QB when you don't surround them with enough talent.

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

On the 2nd down play I see 2 open options, Kincaid over the middle and Coleman outside toward bottom of pic 1.  Spencer Brown lost his rep and Allen had to rush the throw, but he also locked onto Hollins for some reason.  If he throws to Kincaid or Coleman, its at least 6-7 yards if not a first.

On the third down play, Samuel is wide open but Dawkins gets pushed back and affects Allen's throw.  I think there is blame to go on the Oline as well as the receivers, but its not all on one group.  Receivers are getting open sometimes, but the oline breaks down, or vice versa.  Or Allen maybe locks onto a receiver.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Here are Allen's stats on the year:

YPA 7.2

Passer rating 102.8

TD% 6.1%

INT% 0%

Sack% 4.38%

ANY/A 7.76

Here are Mahomes' stats from last year:

YPA 7.0

Passer rating 92.6

TD% 4.5%

INT% 2.3%

Sack% 4.33%

ANY/A 6.26

It's not Allen. This is what happens to any passing offense led by any QB when you don't surround them with enough talent.

You need to be loaded with skill position talent OR have a stout oline and chiefs and bills really don’t have either right now.  That whole defensive scheme falls apart if the oline holds up 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Texans didn’t pull it off nearly as convincingly as the ravens.  The plays were there for us to win this one we just didn’t make them.  That’s the thing with man blitz,  a lot of plays you’ll get home fast enough where the coverage on the back end holds up and you look like a genius.  But the few times it doesn’t you SHOULD get torched for big plays.

teams have been doing this to josh for years and the games the oline doesn’t hold up and Josh’s accuracy is off consistently throughout we put up absolute stinkers.  It isn’t new by any means 

Seems to be more effective since we have less talent on the outside. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm cringing when I see Josh throwing the ball over 30 yards. Coleman doesn't have the body control yet to win jump balls consistently and between balls being thrown poorly and the lack of talent to adjust seems like a bad situation this year, at this point.

2 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

On the 2nd down play I see 2 open options, Kincaid over the middle and Coleman outside toward bottom of pic 1.  Spencer Brown lost his rep and Allen had to rush the throw, but he also locked onto Hollins for some reason.  If he throws to Kincaid or Coleman, its at least 6-7 yards if not a first.

On the third down play, Samuel is wide open but Dawkins gets pushed back and affects Allen's throw.  I think there is blame to go on the Oline as well as the receivers, but its not all on one group.  Receivers are getting open sometimes, but the oline breaks down, or vice versa.  Or Allen maybe locks onto a receiver.

I really felt like I saw plenty of wide open receivers yesterday it was just a combination of bad throws, being on different pages, and drops…even great receivers are getting locked up a good amount of the time if olines aren’t holding up.  

Josh Allen is not really running much this year compared to usual and he's getting More beat up.  That's a bad sign.  I know he injured his hand vs Arizona, but he seems to get more damaged behind the LOS.  

I'm not convinced he plays vs the Jets until I hear it.  The league is going to heavily scrutinize the play that left him nearly put him to sleep on the field.

5 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

That was YPP’s analysis too

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I def think this is some of the issue and will improve…quite a few of those scramble drill plays if guys did what Josh expected there were some big play opportunities 

wont fix everything obviously but it will help a bit 

Josh has got to stop taking huge shots on the scramble drill plays, he's not going to make it long if he does. We need to get a TE or back to block and then release for the easy dump offs instead. We can try rolling him that way in the first place too, hopefully getting him to set up out there will be safer for him to get rid of the ball before getting a shot.

7 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Seems to be more effective since we have less talent on the outside. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm cringing when I see Josh throwing the ball over 30 yards. Coleman doesn't have the body control yet to win jump balls consistently and between balls being thrown poorly and the lack of talent to adjust seems like a bad situation this year, at this point.

There’s been games over the years where we are stacked with talent and it has happened too…my main point is the Texans didn’t discover something ‘new’ here and if josh was a bit more on he definitely makes them pay 

teams try a little bit of cover 0 type stuff against us all the time and the games where it’s working for them they keep hammering it.  I think any iteration of wr talent/OC we’ve had recently have all had multiple games like this in the regular season each year

4 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Josh has got to stop taking huge shots on the scramble drill plays, he's not going to make it long if he does. We need to get a TE or back to block and then release for the easy dump offs instead. We can try rolling him that way in the first place too, hopefully getting him to set up out there will be safer for him to get rid of the ball before getting a shot.

Some of them weren’t ‘huge’ but overall yea I don’t disagree.  There were a few 10-20 yard gains where receivers just straight up ran themselves out of the play 

By the way,,  just for the sake of discussion 4 of the 5 opposing QB's who have played the Ravens have had their best games...  except the Bills and Allen.  The Baltimore D isn't all that special.

6 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I said it in another post, Josh has this borderline reckless need to hang onto the ball and hope something breaks open..  but there has to be a clock in his head.  When he's about to be parallel to the ground that is too late to throw.  His right shoulder and head are left so vulnerable to major impact with the ground, as he can't protect his fall.   He's gotten away with it several times, but it finally bit him yesterday.   And this does not include his amazing passes while straddling the sidelines.  On those he is still standing vertical when he releases.  

• Agree 1