Allen looks.. off this year.

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I hate when the cameras show Josh with that blank look on his face. This is when I know he's having an off game 

It's what happens when the pressure gets completely stacked on him because nobody is doing anything well.  

The coaching staff keeps saying they don't want Allen to be superman, YAC... All the things everyone wants to hear, but when it comes to investment he gets castaway WR5s from bad franchises.  

This year could be excusable if they drafted 2 WRs and we were seeing rookie growing pains out there, Instead we're seeing Hollins ceiling, which is catching 1/6 passes.

He’s been great - Baltimore he was under fire and meh.  Houston he was under fire and not good.  

How much of that is him I have no idea.  

Did anyone really expect him to pass for 4500 yards this year?  I’d be shocked if he got to 4000. 

That would mean at minimum Shakir and Kincaid have 1000 yard seasons.  Or Coleman.  

Was never going to happen.  

Plus we run the ball more - not unlike what KC does.  We are mirror images of each other but they have Chris Jones.  A certified game wrecker and closer.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

He's been off the last two games, not the entire year.

These last two games we have had play calls where nearly all of our receivers are running deep routes. Why? This does not benefit Josh Allen.

The team was so fixated on getting a touchdown after the Stroud fumble, that they never really tried to at least get another first down or get closer to the end zone.

Because of that they settled for 3 when they could have delivered a killshot.

Where were the passes over the middle yesterday?

The coaches are not helping Allen. That is the problem!

Seems to me there is a bit of a book on JA now. Take the middle away and make our wr's beat you outside. The announcers talked about how the ravens wanted to do that and seemed to me the texans did it to. It's up to Brady to try and counter that with what we have. Will be interesting if we see some different guys getting a few more snaps, like maybe even getting Hamler up just to try and threaten the defense a little bit differently from what we've been doing.

• Like (+1) 1

He's off because he's hurt, has garbage wrs, his OL has regressed and he's still surrounded by incompetent coaches. This is McB's fault 100%!

Because he's Superman, there's never any urgency getting him elite weapons. Besides defense will always be Sean's priority. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Seems to me there is a bit of a book on JA now. Take the middle away and make our wr's beat you outside. The announcers talked about how the ravens wanted to do that and seemed to me the texans did it to. It's up to Brady to try and counter that with what we have. Will be interesting if we see some different guys getting a few more snaps, like maybe even getting Hamler up just to try and threaten the defense a little bit differently from what we've been doing.

I swear I saw Shavers on the field yesterday, yet he is still listed as on the practice squad on the Bills team website.

1 minute ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I swear I saw Shavers on the field yesterday, yet he is still listed as on the practice squad on the Bills team website.

I saw him too. Don't know if he's the slot guy, assuming he was up because of Shakir but I didn't pay too much attention to the inactives

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Like (+1) 1

Agree with the sentiment that last two weeks, the opposing defense is not respecting Allen's receiving options and just playing them tight, disguising their blitzes, and using a spy (or "fence") to contain Allen.

He has seemed hesitant running the last two weeks, maybe it's the injury, and some brutal shots he's taken.

I'm worried he reverts to "Sugar High" Josh out of frustration, feeling he has to do everything. The receiving has been ugly the last two weeks and yes, we're short handed.

On to the Jets and the Meadowlands...