Allen looks.. off this year.

coaching and roster construction, as many have noted

We don't have elite playmakers. We have a few decent players but not enough.

The best offensive coaches become HC. That's our main problem/paradox. 

If the OC is great, he's gone to be a HC. We start over.

If the OC is mediocre we suffer but he stays on until he's fired, then we start over.

There's no reality where we have an exciting, great offense and get to keep it. 

12 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

As you can see by the title, I think Allen looks a little off. And no I’m not saying he’s “lost a step” and I don’t think it has anything to do with his receivers. I’m judging this based of his stats. Hes yet to throw a pick this year or throw for 300+ yards in a game. I hate to say it, but I sorta miss the careless 18 turnovers a year Allen. Because the fact is, we were WINNING and Allen was flourishing . I think with 2021 Allen, we win yesterday. I also notice he’s sliding on a lot of runs. I don’t know I could be wrong. Let me know what you guys think..

He's been off the last two games, not the entire year.

These last two games we have had play calls where nearly all of our receivers are running deep routes. Why? This does not benefit Josh Allen.

The team was so fixated on getting a touchdown after the Stroud fumble, that they never really tried to at least get another first down or get closer to the end zone.

Because of that they settled for 3 when they could have delivered a killshot.

Where were the passes over the middle yesterday?

The coaches are not helping Allen. That is the problem!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Nah. Can’t be lol

Haha yea I think we’re all caught up in a semantics game here.  Good/great game from him yesterday and that’s an easy win but if he had help in the skill positions that off ish game from what he’s capable of would’ve been a win still.

he shouldn’t have had to play great to win that one if the roster was a little better, but he did because it’s not and we lost because he wasn’t great 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

C'mon now...this is recency bias.  The man was at a 75% completion percentage and had 9 TDs thru 3 games with 0 INTs and was going ham in both the Arizona and Jacksonville game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Brand J said:

As much as the players around him need to get better, if Allen hits those two TDs to Hollins and Kincaid, the outcome would’ve been very different and this post wouldn’t exist.

And how much of the Hollins overthrow was on him vs Hollins very clearly not having any tracking ability? He looked like a high school soph searching for that ball. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Allen still leads the league in QBR (77.2) and has a passer rating of 102.8 despite yesterday's clunker. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2024.htm

He’s still on an mvp ish pace which is the crazy thing lol. A regular season Allen clunker against a great team isn’t the rarest thing in the world even when he had name brand offensive weapons and a different OC.  How quickly people forget 😂

there was some luck involved but he didn’t turn the ball over which gave his team a shot down the stretch in this one.  

lots of blame to go around but so many of these infamous offensive shortcomings are olinemen getting blown up at the worst possible time. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Man with No Name said:

And how much of the Hollins overthrow was on him vs Hollins very clearly not having any tracking ability? He looked like a high school soph searching for that ball. 

Have you played receiver? A deep ball that comes down on top of the receiver is the hardest one to catch. It’s similar to the one Diggs dropped against KC, those aren’t easy and even the best fail to bring them in. Josh could’ve made his job infinitely easier if he just simply allowed Hollins to run under the ball, throwing over his inside shoulder (the one Hollins was looking over before he was forced to adjust). 

• Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He’s still on an mvp ish pace which is the crazy thing lol. A regular season Allen clunker against a great team isn’t the rarest thing in the world even when he had name brand offensive weapons and a different OC.  How quickly people forget 😂

there was some luck involved but he didn’t turn the ball over which gave his team a shot down the stretch in this one.  

The fact that the Bills didn't turn it over yesterday despite the overall miserableness on offense was the sole reason they stayed in that game. A pick or a fumble and Houston probably wins by two scores. It's an underrated stat, although Allen had a couple of throws that were pick-able.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Not making that catch at all was ALL on hollins lol. If people want to play the maybe an off ish target throw prevented a reception he should’ve made from being a td game then yea maybe.  But there is literally 0 excuse for not catching that ball at all 

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Read the thread title.  "off this year"

Fair point...but make no mistake about it, as much as it pains me to say as I love Allen, he was terrible Sunday.  His passes were off, his decisions were poor, and he looked off from the get go to the finish.  That doesn't absolve anyone else from their mistakes, including the coaches either.  That is just a flat out honest assessment of how Josh himself played.  

Am I concerned about him moving forward...no...do I think he is still the 2nd best QB in the NFL...absolutely and I still think he can get into the best in the league convo if he can reach and win some Super Bowls.  But Sunday was bad.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It's almost as if he has little help around him.

Worst WR core of separators in the NFL and getting pressured 1/3 plays but:

"AlLeN NeEdS tO hIT tHE OpeN MAn" 

• Like (+1) 1