Is it time to follow a 2nd team?

Returntoglory

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Always Bills first but there are other teams I follow.  I enjoy young up and coming teams that have a buzz around them.  Detroit is a fun team.  It's fun to have another team that you follow but aren't as emotionally invested in.  I even bought a lions hat when I was in Detroit a few months ago for work. 

THANK YOU! 

31 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

As a fan base, we've been put through a living hell over the years. Yes, we have had our glory years where we were "This close 🤏" to winning a Superbowl.

We now have a franchise level QB that many of us feel (myself included) is being mismanaged and or not being given the tools needed to win the big one and his clock is now ticking.

How many here have a 2nd team they follow for mental health reasons?

We all have many favorite bands, so is it bad to have a few NFL teams to root for to take the mental pressure off of being a Bills fan?

I would love to know your thoughts and also how many of us have multiple teams.

This Is The Worst GIF by My4

This post is consistent with the other fair weather, crybaby fans I’ve seen festering in our fan base lately.

I don’t know what happened. When we win 3 in a row it’s SUPER BOWL and if we lose a game it’s I QUIT THIS TEAM.

I used to be so proud of our fans. What the hell happened to us.

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

This place never disappoints.

But you continue to do so. Strange...

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

This post is consistent with the other fair weather, crybaby fans I’ve seen festering in our fan base lately.

I don’t know what happened. When we win 3 in a row it’s SUPER BOWL and if we lose a game it’s I QUIT THIS TEAM.

I used to be so proud of our fans. What the hell happened to us.

You're funny. You also apparently lack good reading comprehension skills. You consider someone that has followed this team over 50 years as "Fair Weather"?

Edited by Returntoglory

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This Is The Worst GIF by My4

Thank you.

Just now, Roundybout said:

We still have the Bandits 

Yes! There's our champinships!

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I'm Lakers fan as well as a Bills fan. I also root for the Raiders and 49ers for many years. 

Thank you for answering my question.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

So you're happy with this seasons results thus far then?

Not necessarily but I ain’t following a second team cause I don’t like something. 

I don’t get a second wife when the one I have is providing more headaches than usual. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Not necessarily but I ain’t following a second team cause I don’t like something. 

I don’t get a second wife when the one I have is providing more headaches than usual. 😂

So what you're saying is a GF is okay ?😉

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

As a fan base, we've been put through a living hell over the years. Yes, we have had our glory years where we were "This close 🤏" to winning a Superbowl.

We now have a franchise level QB that many of us feel (myself included) is being mismanaged and or not being given the tools needed to win the big one and his clock is now ticking.

How many here have a 2nd team they follow for mental health reasons?

We all have many favorite bands, so is it bad to have a few NFL teams to root for to take the mental pressure off of being a Bills fan?

I would love to know your thoughts and also how many of us have multiple teams.

This is crap that fan boards like Fin Heaven post and after we crush the dolphins and it is so entertaining to read. Dolphin tears feed my soul.  Were better than this though. There is no second team. Go Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

These threads, these posters, remind me of the 1960s psych experiments such as the Stanford prison experiment.  When the bills lose, some of our community becomes overly emotional.  I was PO'd when we did not try and eat Clock and go to OT yesterday mind you.

I have heard that after those SB losses there was a large uptick in depression and such in WNY.  

Anyhow, NFL fan forums could make for an interesting human psychology doctoral thesis I'd bet.  

I say this has been a fun year so far.  Never expected it to be our year yet we're playing mostly well (save first half Arizona, first half HOU and the Ravens game.  The next five games ahead should make WNY psych councilors feel like they are doing a great job.  Heh

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Oh yeah this is peak post-loss posting.

Ravens loss I think everyone kinda knew and expected that in some capacity. Yesterday the way they lost and how bad the offense/17 was has got us to peak post loss posting (I am guilty of this also)

People here tend to go to the extreme on both ends. Overreaction to the first three weeks, and now an overreaction to the last two. 

A lot of people were expecting a mini-rebuild. They lost a lot of talent and replaced it with less-accomplished free agents and rookies. 

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon OP.

Many of us lived through back to back 2-14 seasons and we did not move on from our fandom!

Ok to criticize players, coaching and management but let's not lose our fandom in the process. 

Those were my first two years of marriage. My bride asked “why do you do this to yourself?” But I never stopped, though I am currently wavering on the NFL as a whole. 

For me it’s Bills football and Xavier basketball. I usually have something to feel good about, but I’ve learned over the decades that sometimes we need to step back and realize it’s a game, and I’m not even playing. It’s entertainment.