Is it time to follow a 2nd team?

Returntoglory

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon OP.

Many of us lived through back to back 2-14 seasons and we did not move on from our fandom!

Ok to criticize players, coaching and management but let's not lose our fandom in the process. 

Do you watch any other team religiously when possible? 

Just now, Returntoglory said:

Do you watch any other team religiously when possible? 

NFL no? If there is a big game maybe.

Honestly I watch more college games. Is there a bigger game this weekend than OSU Oregon? It is a better matchup than almost every NFL game. And Alabama Georgia two weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

Knee Jerk? It's a question."

I've been a Bills supporter for over 50 Years. 20+ as a season ticket holder. I've spent thousands on this team. I'd hardly call it "Knee Jerk".

I'm just curious how many teams people follow with a passion.

If you wouldn't have posted this after the Jacksonville game two weeks ago, and are willing to post it after a 3 point loss on a 58 yard field goal, then, yes, it's a knee jerk emotional response.

As for your question, I also follow Padres baseball (live in SD) and UCLA football/basketball (alma mater). None of my major routing interests have ever reached the top of the mountain while I've been a fan (missed UCLA's last bball championship by 2 years).  And I grew up going to every Bills home game for 12 years as a kid in the 80s/90s).  Between wide right, homerun throwback and stuff like the below with UCLA, I know your pain.   😜

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

If you wouldn't have posted this after the Jacksonville game two weeks ago, and are willing to post it after a 3 point loss on a 58 yard field goal, then, yes, it's a knee jerk emotional response.

As for your question, I also follow Padres baseball (live in SD) and UCLA football/basketball (alma mater). None of my major routing interests have ever reached the top of the mountain while I've been a fan (missed UCLA's last bball championship by 2 years).  And I grew up going to every Bills home game for 12 years as a kid in the 80s/90s).  Between wide right, homerun throwback and stuff like the below with UCLA, I know your pain.   😜

Not a knee jerk from me.

Like I said earlier, I've been a Bills fan since 1973. I've been through all the highs and lows in that time including sitting in my Father-In-Laws living room for the Giants SB loss (He was a Giants fan) and then living in NYC for 7 years sporting my Bills Jersey EVERY SUNDAY. 

So not a knee Jerk question. I know multiple folks that are Bills fans (some are present season ticket holders) who also follow other teams as a diversion to, as they say, "minimize the pain" of being a Bills fan.

If you saw my man cave, there would be no doubt who "My Team" is.

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

angry adam sandler GIF

The

proverbial

Pot...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

As a fan base, we've been put through a living hell over the years. Yes, we have had our glory years where we were "This close 🤏" to winning a Superbowl.

We now have a franchise level QB that many of us feel (myself included) is being mismanaged and or not being given the tools needed to win the big one and his clock is now ticking.

How many here have a 2nd team they follow for mental health reasons?

We all have many favorite bands, so is it bad to have a few NFL teams to root for to take the mental pressure off of being a Bills fan?

I would love to know your thoughts and also how many of us have multiple teams.

I certainly welcome you to follow a second team and leave this forum in haste.   It’s a good idea. 

24 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

As a fan base, we've been put through a living hell over the years. Yes, we have had our glory years where we were "This close 🤏" to winning a Superbowl.

We now have a franchise level QB that many of us feel (myself included) is being mismanaged and or not being given the tools needed to win the big one and his clock is now ticking.

We all have many favorite bands, so is it bad to have a few NFL teams to root for to take the mental pressure off of being a Bills fan?

Always Bills first but there are other teams I follow.  I enjoy young up and coming teams that have a buzz around them.  Detroit is a fun team.  It's fun to have another team that you follow but aren't as emotionally invested in.  I even bought a lions hat when I was in Detroit a few months ago for work. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Do you even go here? 

I don't see an issue with following a second team as long as they don't become a bigger priority than the Bills. As someone who has lived for a while in Virginia as well as Buffalo, I do have the Commanders as a second team behind the Bills for a multitude of reasons. I'll always root for the Bills first but the Commanders have been my second team for some time. 

If someone truly loves football (or any other sport ) it makes sense having multiple teams. For baseball, Orioles come first with me and Diamondbacks second (Randy Johnson was an idol growing up). Hockey, Sabres first and Mighty Ducks second (Disney movies got me hooked some). 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan