Is it time to follow a 2nd team?

Returntoglory

As a fan base, we've been put through a living hell over the years. Yes, we have had our glory years where we were "This close 🤏" to winning a Superbowl.

We now have a franchise level QB that many of us feel (myself included) is being mismanaged and or not being given the tools needed to win the big one and his clock is now ticking.

How many here have a 2nd team they follow for mental health reasons?

We all have many favorite bands, so is it bad to have a few NFL teams to root for to take the mental pressure off of being a Bills fan?

I would love to know your thoughts and also how many of us have multiple teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 4

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Geez, this board is really slipping of late.  Can't believe some of the knee jerk responses/threads I've seen in the last 21 hours.

Knee Jerk? It's a question."

I've been a Bills supporter for over 50 Years. 20+ as a season ticket holder. I've spent thousands on this team. I'd hardly call it "Knee Jerk".

I'm just curious how many teams people follow with a passion.

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I'd stop watching the NFL altogether before doing that.

Sure you would.

9 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

As a fan base, we've been put through a living hell over the years. Yes, we have had our glory years where we were "This close 🤏" to winning a Superbowl.

We now have a franchise level QB that many of us feel (myself included) is being mismanaged and or not being given the tools needed to win the big one and his clock is now ticking.

We all have many favorite bands, so is it bad to have a few NFL teams to root for to take the mental pressure off of being a Bills fan?

The fan door works both ways.  Don’t let it hit you in the ass on the way out.

We used to pride ourselves on how good of a fanbase we are but man are some of y’all soft lol a team with one of the highest win percentages in years losing some regular season games then losing to a team that nearly everyone is losing to in the playoffs in a few close games and you’re worried about your mental health? 😂

This is part of fandom, and what makes it so great in a way.

Think of Red Sox fans who had to wait from 1918 to 2004.  Obviously, a lot of them never even saw a title, but in 2004, that was about as blissful a feeling as a fan could have. There is something to be said for enduring epic heartbreak before you finally break through. 

Personally, I love the journey.  I'd probably be more discouraged if we didn't have Allen, but that guy is going to get a ring, and it keeps me hoping.

43 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Pointless having a 2nd team because the good Lord would just curse that team too. I'll stick to watching a generational qb be destroyed by his stupid HC and organization. That just drips with misery & entertainment all at the same time.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1