Off Line Pass Pro / QB Unforced Error All 22 Review - week 5 10/6/24 - Texans

Bocephuz

17 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Bottom line Josh has never been the same since that hit in Baltimore.  I hope the NFL finds out WTH Allen was allowed to go back in and not go to the tent. his ass was out cold at least for a few seconds.

Idk Allen’s entire career has a couple of games like this per year when teams can bring heat and he gets uncomfortable and presses and starts missing throws…sometimes the defense is stout enough where we have a shot late and we win it anyway (this game was pretty close to that) so they don’t stand out as much.  Sometimes it’s an all around stinker that everyone remembers.  

he may have been injured against Baltimore but idk that it led to unexpected bad play the next week 

2 hours ago, Bocephuz said:

Q2 - UE 4 - Allen has easy button throw to open Samuel on shallow crosser but ignores that and throws deep to Kincaid who catches but is OOB

I'm not sure how this play would be an error by the QB? He makes a great throw on 3nd and 13 and Kincaid dropped it (or maybe he caught it and McD messed up by not challenging it).

Unless you're talking about a different play

1 hour ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Thanks for the intelligent reply..as I stated in the original post, have not had the benefit of seeing the whole field on the live  broadcast presentation. I'm not sure what the NFL uses as its criterion for a pressure..i.e. if the qb bails early and "induces" pressure does it still count AS a pressure.

To be honest.. I'm not sure what the NFL criteria for "pressure" is. I doubt they are that nuanced.. i would guess if the qb has a rusher in his face then that is what they count. 

57 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk Allen’s entire career has a couple of games like this per year when teams can bring heat and he gets uncomfortable and presses and starts missing throws…sometimes the defense is stout enough where we have a shot late and we win it anyway (this game was pretty close to that) so they don’t stand out as much.  Sometimes it’s an all around stinker that everyone remembers.  

he may have been injured against Baltimore but idk that it led to unexpected bad play the next week 

josh usually has a few games like this every year. in the past he usually comes back more focused the next week. lets hope he can do that again

46 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not sure how this play would be an error by the QB? He makes a great throw on 3nd and 13 and Kincaid dropped it (or maybe he caught it and McD messed up by not challenging it).

Unless you're talking about a different play

the error is he had an easy completion to try and move the chains 

but he instead chose to go for the play with greater degree of difficulty.. and I don't believe Kincaid dropped it. He was just out of bounds.  Also in my opinion that challenge would have gone against the Bills. To me he did not have control when he went out of bounds. 

Edited by Bocephuz

18 minutes ago, Bocephuz said:

To be honest.. I'm not sure what the NFL criteria for "pressure" is. I doubt they are that nuanced.. i would guess if the qb has a rusher in his face then that is what they count. 

josh usually has a few games like this every year. in the past he usually comes back more focused the next week. lets hope he can do that again

the error is he had an easy completion to try and move the chains 

but he instead chose to go for the play with greater degree of difficulty.. and I don't believe Kincaid dropped it. He was just out of bounds.  Also in my opinion that challenge would have gone against the Bills. To me he did not have control when he went out of bounds. 

I have to strongly disagree on that play. There's almost no chance a pass to Samuel would have moved the chains on 3rd and 13. #23 on the Texans was close enough to make a tackle for a ~5 yard gain. MAYBE a perfectly placed ball AND Samuel showing some burst/elusiveness that we have yet to see from him in a Bills jersey gets it converted.

Kincaid had both feet in bounds and bobbled the ball a little bit when he hit the ground OOB. I don't think it would've been overturned either, but it was close.

I'd say that a pass to Samuel probably has a 90% completion chance, but 5% chance at a first down. The pass to Kincaid is more like a 75% completion chance, but 100% a first down.