The more I think about it, I wonder...

How about the sack stats? Drew was sacked more than 50 times in 02, and sacks were cut in half while Willis was in there, right?

Don't you think that this matters at all?

364408[/snapback]

I could look at that and say that even though Bledsoe was sacked that many times, he still managed to throw for 4,000 yards and 24 TDs.

And while the sacks decreased in '04 from '02, so did his performance.

So less sacks in '04, but also fewer yards and TDs. More proof that Bledsoe was in decline.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Drew get to the superbowl in NE? C'mon, you can do better than that.  :D

364461[/snapback]

And he promptly went 25-48 for 253 2 TD's and 4 INT's...now thats stepping up in the big game!

I could look at that and say that even though Bledsoe was sacked that many times, he still managed to throw for 4,000 yards and 24 TDs.

And while the sacks decreased in '04 from '02, so did his performance. 

So less sacks in '04, but also fewer yards and TDs.  More proof that Bledsoe was in decline.

364465[/snapback]

Gilbride madness in 02. "Smashmouth" in 04. Does this count?

Did Drew get to the superbowl in NE? C'mon, you can do better than that.  :D

364461[/snapback]

You're right I can - I was just waiting for somebody to bring that up first :P

I know Martin dominated the Steelers game that year in the playoffs, and they were up 13-6 on the Jags before a defensive TD iced the game late 4th Qtr, and then he set a SB record for int's.

I'm trying to google the stats for what is his most "successful" postseason with a HOF RB, HOF coach, great TE, good WR's. I'm pretty sure they're not pretty.

Gilbride madness in 02. "Smashmouth" in 04. Does this count?

364471[/snapback]

If it does, than it also accounts for the higher number of sacks in '02, right? Or do we just keep blaming Henry for every sack the mobile Bledsoe has ever taken?

If JP does the exact same thing for the Bills you will be worshipping him.

Are you doing so now?  :D

364473[/snapback]

And if Henry had fumbles that were returned for TDs against the Ravens, Steelers, and Pats (like Bledsoe did), you'd be blaming everyone else but him, right? :P

What did I prove. That Drew has put forth a good career and that Travis is a loser?

364442[/snapback]

That you're willing to overlook Drew's recent (almost 2.5 seasons in Buffalo) performance and very large and obvious flaws because of past accompishments and better off field behavior while ripping Travis (correctly for the most part) for just about the same things.

Sorry Bill, Drew being a warrior and a better than average QB at one point in his career doesn't change what he is now.

The *only* reason I'm down on Bledsoe is because he proved with pitt he cant be counted on in the big game where you need to count on him. I'm sure we could go 11-5 with bledsoe, but the problem is I'd have no hope of winning a superbowl since he would choke.

Losman is fresh and new and has no such boundaries. its a risk but I like the all or none attitude. great risks reap great rewards and JP is indeed a great risk. Hopefully though it will result in thaat great reward we all covet.

If JP doesn't lead the offense to a TD on his first possession of the preseason, I'm packing it in.

Hey, at least we're talking football.

If JP doesn't lead the offense to a TD on his first possession of the preseason, I'm packing it in.

Hey, at least we're talking football.

364521[/snapback]

And if he does, he better follow it up with another one on the 2nd drive! :D