The more I think about it, I wonder...

I don't recall us playing bad in either of those games.

364359[/snapback]

Exactly -- we played well in those games, but some people dismiss them because "the Rams and Seahawks aren't that good... Even though they made the playoffs." :devil: So if you take out the games where we played well (and we DID win 9 games last year...), and look at only the 7 games we lost, we really suck!

That's the argument that's made here all the time.

CW

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are.  Doesn't change the basic point or make you or Bill's little crusade to defend the very mediocre play of the chronically overhyped Drew Bledsoe.

364357[/snapback]

Actually, it DOES change the basic point -- I posted the following:

Then how do you explain the points explosion once WM was put in for TH?  If you're looking for common denominator, it appears that TH is the most obvious choice.

And your rebuttle was the stats from every game played against winning teams and teams that made the playoffs. That has absolutely nothing to do with the comment you were responding to, and made it look like the stats you quoted were from games with WM in there. The points explosion came when WM was put in. Don't cloud what I was saying.

And my "crusade" as you put it, is simply that we CAN be MUCH worse with JPL in there, despite what 99% of people here are saying. Whether you think the move was right or wrong, we can go much lower than the 9-7 we were last year (and we were 9-7). I hope that doesn't happen, but you just can't tell.

CW

Last season against Playoff Teams:

199 Attempts

116 Completions

58.3%

1552 Yards

8 TDs

10 Ints

18 sacks

6 fumbles

75.6 rating

364371[/snapback]

AD could you please do on more. How about last season, against playoff teams, without Travis Henry.

I would appreciate it. :devil:

Last season against Playoff Teams:

199 Attempts

116 Completions

58.3%

1552 Yards

8 TDs

10 Ints

18 sacks

6 fumbles

75.6 rating

364371[/snapback]

Again, I belive that you're counting games with TH as the starter... You should include how many games as well.

CW

Actually, it DOES change the basic point -- I posted the following:

And your rebuttle was the stats from every game played against winning teams and teams that made the playoffs.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the comment you were responding to, and made it look like the stats you quoted were from games with WM in there.  The points explosion came when WM was put in.  Don't cloud what I was saying.

And my "crusade" as you put it, is simply that we CAN be MUCH worse with JPL in there, despite what 99% of people here are saying.  Whether you think the move was right or wrong, we can go much lower than the 9-7 we were last year (and we were 9-7).  I hope that doesn't happen, but you just can't tell.

CW

364368[/snapback]

Of course we can. We could go 0-16 but it's not likely that worse quarterback play will be the sole reason because it's not likely that Mularkey won't use Holcomb (who looks like friggin' Einstien to Bledsoe's Frankenstein) if Losman plays even worse than Bledsoe did. At least I won't have to watch a 12 year veteran make the same glaring mistakes week after week while calling himself the team leader Monday thru Saturday.

Again, I belive that you're counting games with TH as the starter...  You should include how many games as well.

CW

364375[/snapback]

Seven games.

So your argument is now that poor play from the running back position has an impact but poor play from the quarterback position doesn't? Oh, ok.

Maybe we could surround Drew with Hall of Famers in the other 10 spots and he will eventually learn to progress off his security blanket, throw to the correct shoulder, put the proper touch on passes under 10 yards, look off the safety, stop making poor red zone decisions, etc.

:devil:

Again, I belive that you're counting games with TH as the starter...  You should include how many games as well.

CW

364375[/snapback]

Didn't Bledsoe break the franchise passing record with Henry in the backfield back in 2002? Didn't he throw 24 TDs with Henry in the backfield? But in 2004, Bledsoe played like Joe Dufek when Henry's in the game?

If you look at three crucial Bledsoe turnovers last season, against the Ravens, Pats, and Steelers, Henry was on the field for one of them, while McGahee was on the field for two.

So much for the theory that Drew only needed Willis on the field to avoid making game-killing mistakes.

The bottom line is that with Bledsoe at QB, the Bills were good enough to beat 75% of the teams in the league. Donahoe and Mularkey could have been happy with another 8 or 9 win season, but they wanted more and took the gamble on Losman. I like the decision, as Bledsoe has shown that he is unable to raise his game against the better defenses in the league, regardless of who is in at RB.

The Bills don't even believe this 100%. If they thought JP would be at least as good as Bledsoe was last year, Kelly Holcomb would not be on the roster.

364263[/snapback]

Kelly Holocomb was brought in as an insurance against JP getting injured..

KH is not going to compete for the starting job. He is a backup who is

expected to play in case JP is injured.

Didn't Bledsoe break the franchise passing record with Henry in the backfield back in 2002?  Didn't he throw 24 TDs with Henry in the backfield?  But in 2004, Bledsoe played like Joe Dufek when Henry's in the game?

If you look at three crucial Bledsoe turnovers last season, against the Ravens, Pats, and Steelers, Henry was on the field for one of them, while McGahee was on the field for two. 

So much for the theory that Drew only needed Willis on the field to avoid making game-killing mistakes. 

The bottom line is that with Bledsoe at QB, the Bills were good enough to beat 75% of the teams in the league.  Donahoe and Mularkey could have been happy with another 8 or 9 win season, but they wanted more and took the gamble on Losman.  I like the decision, as Bledsoe has shown that he is unable to raise his game against the better defenses in the league, regardless of who is in at RB.

364398[/snapback]

How about the sack stats? Drew was sacked more than 50 times in 02, and sacks were cut in half while Willis was in there, right?

Don't you think that this matters at all?

The points "EXPLOSION" had much to do with the quality of opposition and little to do with Drew Bledsoe.

364302[/snapback]

Don't forget the TDs scored by the D and STs. They formed a big part of

the "Points Explosion"

How about the sack stats? Drew was sacked more than 50 times in 02, and sacks were cut in half while Willis was in there, right?

364408[/snapback]

Actually Drew was sacked 25 times with Travis in last year. 12 in the 11 games that Willis started.

Actually Drew was sacked 25 times with Travis in last year.  12 in the 11 games that Willis started.

364415[/snapback]

Again, could it be that those 12 teams had average and bad defense ?

It is probably a combination of many factors....THs lack of blocking, WG

being good at it....bad/average teams during the 9-3 record....and good

rush defense teams during the 1-4 stretch...Bottom line....our offense

sucked in spite of WM performance.....Bledsoe being the leader should

take the blame for the offense's offensive performance.

364408[/snapback]

Willis is definitely a better overall back than Travis and significantly better at helping out in the passing game. Doesn't change the fact that Drew is an extremely limited QB who has not made much if any progress in fixing the glaring issues that have plagued him throughout his career.

It's very ironic to me that you will spend so much time ripping Travis but defending Drew when from a football perspective they are VERY similiar.

Willis is definitely a better overall back than Travis and significantly better at helping out in the passing game.  Doesn't change the fact that Drew is an extremely limited QB who has not made much if any progress in fixing the glaring issues that have plagued him throughout his career.

It's very ironic to me that you will spend so much time ripping Travis but defending Drew when from a football perspective they are VERY similiar.

364424[/snapback]

Not at all Sir. Drew is approcahing 40,000 yards at the age of 33. When Travis has 10,000 yards rushing, an easier stat to achieve, I will defend him too. OK maybe I would not, but this will NEVER happen. :D

In any event, Drew will be in this league far longer than Travis Gump, who is a statistical and in fact loser.

Drew is #10. Travis sucks.

Not at all Sir. Drew is approcahing 40,000 yards at the age of 33. Whe Travis has 10,000 yards rushing, an easier stat to achieve, I will defend him too. OK maybe I would not, but this will NEVER happen.  :D 

In any event, Drew will be in this league far longer than Travis Gump, who is a statistical and in fact loser.

Drew is #10. Travis sucks.

364435[/snapback]

Thanks for proving my point.

Maybe we could surround Drew with Hall of Famers in the other 10 spots and he will eventually learn to progress off his security blanket, throw to the correct shoulder, put the proper touch on passes under 10 yards, look off the safety, stop making poor red zone decisions, etc.

:D

364386[/snapback]

2 different HOF coaches in NE have already tried that.

Thanks to TH it didn't work either time.