The more I think about it, I wonder...

OK early November.  Whenever the week after the Pats night game was; and I probably wouldn't have thrown him to the wolves at the end of that game.

364008[/snapback]

Buff - one comment - Your "throw him to the wolves" remark misses the point:

Everyone (Except Mularkey) - including JP - commented afterwards that JP was not prepared to go in and that he should have been prepared. The game was over and Mularkey was not happy with JP's work that practice week. he decided to throw in JP to give him a quick dose of very cold water.

Could he have gotten injured? Yes

Would everyone have been furious at Mularkey if this had happened? Yes

But the risk was, in Mike's opinion, worth it to prove several points.

1.) Mularkey is in charge

2.) You better be prepared to play whenever he says so

3.) Don't waste practice time.

It also gave JP a chance to play under the worst of circumstances (ie: Behind, late, against a great team in hostile territory)

I think Mularkey may be a very special coach. It remains to be seen but he has impressed me with his smarts, ability to learn and most of all by his moxie. No punting on 4th downs from our opponent's 32 yard line anymorre folks. Thank goodness. You practice poorly? Here's your pink slip (Bobby Shaw). Not ready to play - throw 'em to the wolves.

-RnJ

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Let me also clarify something.....Did I like the move by TD to get rid of Drew? No. I didn't even like the trade to bring in JP.

That said, the coaches know more than I do and this was their choice. One reservation I have is that perhaps the loss to Pitt weighed too heavily on their decision. I also go out of my way to praise JP's work ethic. I support this kid as much as you. There is no choice.....he is our QB.

The poster suggested making this move in October 04. I was trying to jog my memory and try to recall if JP could in fact walk at the time.

Some of the Drew support is probably tiresome, but much of the Drew blame/hate is over the edge as well.

At this point, all any of us can do is cheer for the kid. If he has RJ talent (as some say) and football smarts, he will go a long way.

364002[/snapback]

I'm not talking about all of that. I agree with most of what you say, but on more than one occasion you have suggested that Losman is injury-prone because of this injury.

I was just wondering if you saw the actual hit to back up your claim.

I'm not talking about all of that.  I agree with most of what you say, but on more than one occasion you have suggested that Losman is injury-prone because of this injury. 

I was just wondering if you saw the actual hit to back up your claim.

364031[/snapback]

He got hurt in pre season and was out for weeks. I am not enough of a blind homer to have zero concern about injuries. This is the real deal, not college.

That said, he deserves a clean slate and our support.

He got hurt in pre season and was out for weeks. I am not enough of a blind homer to have zero concern about injuries. This is the real deal, not college.

That said, he deserves a clean slate and our support.

364044[/snapback]

Again, the hit was result of contact. You seem to indicate that the contact he received should not have been enough to injure him.

Your comment "this is the real deal, not college" suggests that you do not think that the collision was that bad.

So I ask you again, did you see the hit? Was it, in your opinion, enough to injure an NFL player?

Buff - one comment - Your "throw him to the wolves" remark misses the point:

Everyone (Except Mularkey) - including JP - commented afterwards that JP was not prepared to go in and that he should have been prepared. The game was over and Mularkey was not happy with JP's work that practice week. he decided to throw in JP to give him a quick dose of very cold water. 

Could he have gotten injured? Yes

Would everyone have been furious at Mularkey if this had happened? Yes

But the risk was, in Mike's opinion, worth it to prove several points.

1.) Mularkey is in charge

2.) You better be prepared to play whenever he says so

3.) Don't waste practice time.

It also gave JP a chance to play under the worst of circumstances (ie: Behind, late, against a great team in hostile territory)

I think Mularkey may be a very special coach. It remains to be seen but he has impressed me with his smarts, ability to learn and most of all by his moxie. No punting on 4th downs from our opponent's 32 yard line anymorre folks. Thank goodness. You practice poorly? Here's your pink slip (Bobby Shaw). Not ready to play - throw 'em to the wolves.

-RnJ

364018[/snapback]

Fair enough.

I don't remember reading/hearing that version, but it sounds good to me.

Again, the hit was result of contact.  You seem to indicate that the contact he received should not have been enough to injure him. 

Your comment "this is the real deal, not college" suggests that you do not think that the collision was that bad.

So I ask you again, did you see the hit?  Was it, in your opinion, enough to injure an NFL player?

364051[/snapback]

Dude, give up the interrogation. I answered both of your questions in the other posts.

Here are a couple for you:

Do you have ANY concern about JP getting injured?

Do you see ANY chance that he will not be as good as Bledsoe?

364058[/snapback]

You mean not be able to lead one of the more talented teams in the NFL to the playoffs despite being a 10 year veteran starter? No, I don't see that. Now maybe since he doesn't have 10 years of experience to fall back on...

You mean not be able to lead one of the more talented teams in the NFL to the playoffs despite being a 10 year veteran starter?  No, I don't see that.  Now maybe since he doesn't have 10 years of experience to fall back on...

364060[/snapback]

Sorry AD, but that is just a little short sighted imo.

The Bills had a rookie coach. They had Travis until Halloween. Mike Williams was out of shape for at least 5 weeks, perhaps also until Halloween. There were problems at LG, and major injuries to the secondary.

It wasn't all Drew.

Dude, give up the interrogation. I answered both of your questions in the other posts.

Here are a couple for you:

Do you have ANY concern about JP getting injured?

364058[/snapback]

1. No.

2. Yes.

The Bills had a rookie coach. They had Travis until Halloween. Mike Williams was out of shape for at least 5 weeks, perhaps also until Halloween. There were problems at LG, and major injuries to the secondary.

It wasn't all Drew.

364077[/snapback]

No it sure wasn't - and he also wasn't the reason for most of the wins (@ Miami is the only contrarian example I can think of off the top of my head). Drew Bledsoe is rarely a difference maker to the good anymore. That is even more glaringly obvious when the opposition is above average. But we can keep pretending if you want.

It wasn't all Drew.

364077[/snapback]

The offense scored 3 TD's in the season's first 15 Qtr's. One was a garbage-time score vs. Oakland, another was about a 20 yard drive vs. Jacksonville after a turnover. The bomb to Moulds vs. NE was like the only legitimate offensive score in September. And that was after a season where they were kept out of the endzone 7 out of 16 games, and sucking an additional half-season before that.

Drew is a common denominator. A rookie HC, out of shape tackle, and secondary problems are not.

Drew is a common denominator.  A rookie HC, out of shape tackle, and secondary problems are not.

364104[/snapback]

Then how do you explain the points explosion once WM was put in for TH? If you're looking for common denominator, it appears that TH is the most obvious choice.

CW

Then how do you explain the points explosion once WM was put in for TH?  If you're looking for common denominator, it appears that TH is the most obvious choice.

CW

364107[/snapback]

Because WM provided the offense, and took the ball out of drew's hands...

Then how do you explain the points explosion once WM was put in for TH?  If you're looking for common denominator, it appears that TH is the most obvious choice.

CW

364107[/snapback]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills were a team trying to play "smashmouth" with a rookie coach, a weak OL, and Travis Henry sliding on his ass (untouched), missing blocks and running wrong routes.

Sacks were cut in half as soon as he left, and the team started winning.

Nah, makes no difference. Let's blame Drew.

Because WM provided the offense, and took the ball out of drew's hands...

364114[/snapback]

Fine but the same thing can be said about WM and JP this year. Your arguement basically says that if JP does worse then JP is causing more problems then Drew because JP unlike Drew will not have to overcome TH's mistakes.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills were a team trying to play "smashmouth" with a rookie coach, a weak OL, and Travis Henry sliding on his ass (untouched), missing blocks and running wrong routes.

Sacks were cut in half as soon as he left, and the team started winning.

Nah, makes no difference. Let's blame Drew.

364121[/snapback]

And at the same time, Bledsoe turnovers were returned for TDs in games against the Pats, Ravens, and Steelers. All were critical plays in the losses.

The problem was that even though McGahee (and Evans) elevated the offense last season, Bledsoe was unable to do the same against the better teams in the conference.

No matter how good an O-line is, you can't expect them to keep pressure off the QB in all situations. And when the QB is pressured, you hope he can buy himself some time. And when he's hit, you want him to hold onto the ball.

Against the better teams, Bledsoe could do neither, and in this way he limited the offense and the team.

Fine but the same thing can be said about WM and JP this year.  Your arguement basically says that if JP does worse then JP is causing more problems then Drew because JP unlike Drew will not have to overcome TH's mistakes.

364139[/snapback]

Ok, maybe i came off worng, but i am not completely blaming drew for last year...there were other problems as well, but Drew certainly didnt help any of them, and a lot fo things WERE his fault...plain and simple, he couldnt get it done anymore and i feel we have a much better chance with JP at the helm...

JP will struggle at times this year, because its his first season of starting, but like last year, having mcgahee cant do anything but help...

once we got rid of TH's mistakes last year bu putting in willis, drew should have been able to step up, but he didnt... I'd rather have JP's potential than drew's known commodities is what it boils down to...

Ok, maybe i came off worng, but i am not completely blaming drew for last year...there were other problems as well, but Drew certainly didnt help any of them, and a lot fo things WERE his fault...plain and simple, he couldnt get it done anymore and i feel we have a much better chance with JP at the helm...

JP will struggle at times this year, because its his first season of starting, but like last year, having mcgahee cant do anything but help...

once we got rid of TH's mistakes last year bu putting in willis, drew should have been able to step up, but he didnt... I'd rather have JP's potential than drew's known commodities is what it boils down to...

364147[/snapback]

Already changing your tune? :devil:

9-2 isn't getting it done? Holy crap what are your standards?