The more I think about it, I wonder...

It's as simple as this.

DB had to go.

JP needs to play.

DB is on the down side.

JP has a upside.

MM is a proven QB guru. He's worked wonders in the past with Kordell and Maddox and they aren't JP's equal as far as physical ability and raw talent.

I don't have faith in JP as a second year QB, but I do have faith in MM and staff. JP will be ready. He will play well and he will play poorly. I expect 20 TD's and 20 Int's. 3500 yards passing and another 400 yards rushing.

The problem with JP right now is the management from above. TD is putting a lot of unneccessary pressure on JP. Parading him around like he is a proven QB. Introducing him with the likes of Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp. That's too much, too soon. Bring him along slowly. There is a danger in raising expectations for JP too high.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us will agree that this argument Drew or JP has been battled to the point of nausea already. Regular readers of the Wall know the doom n' gloom prognosticators and the pie in the sky ones too.

It is finally getting close enough to showtime to finally get some feel for this ie: Let's see JP on the field!

Both "sides" have merit in my opinion. To the gloom people, I agree that it is rare that first year QB's shine. You can count them on one hand over the history of the NFL.

To the pie people, I agree that the setup couldn't be better for JP except for a great offensive line - one huge pitfall to the pie people. But the Bills have a great (not just good) defense, a great running back (probably the best since OJ I think), the Special teams can score and keep opponents pinned deep. Only our kicker is suspect. Plus, our schedule is easy early - which gives JP the chance to come out of the shoot with some W's, even if he plays RATHER poorly.

I do disagree however with the "one more year of Drew" people. Drew could not take this team to the playoffs IMO. Can JP? We'll see.

Let's play ball - I am certain all of us here are hoping JP is better than we think (pie people too!)

-RichNJoisy

www.cnjbbb.org - The Place for Wings in NJ AND Hammer's Lot on Opening Day

-RichNJoisy

www.cnjbbb.org - The Place for Wings in NJ AND Hammer's Lot on Opening Day

363924[/snapback]

Rich, no offense, but you shouldn't be allowed to post before noon... It always makes me really hungry. :doh:

:devil:

CW

At some point, you have to go with you're 1st round pick, even if he's inexperienced. Playing is the only way to learn. Drew wasn't getting it done, and Kelly's not coming out of retirement, so it's time to hand the reins to a young and exciting player.

And if JP fails, it won't be for lack of preparation or work ethic.

Rich, no offense, but you shouldn't be allowed to post before noon...  It always makes me really hungry. :doh:

:doh:

CW

363930[/snapback]

Good point. My bad. To make things worse for ya, Mark and I plan to fire up the cooker no later than 8:30 am on the 11th of September which means you actually COULD be eating them by 8:40 am.

The CNJBBB meets this Saturday for "BeerHenge V" or BHV for short. Details at our website. In brief, we will meet, swim, eat wings and grilled food, and drink labatts putting empty bottles at each transient point around my pool. We are certain, one year, that this will attract aliens......anyway, we are willing to try. "course that does mean we hafta drink a lotta beer.

sigh. :devil:

JP has more physical ability and raw talent than Kordell?? That is the biggest homer statement of the year.

363926[/snapback]

So, you would prefer Kordell (as a youngster) to Losman? I can't keep hindsight out of the picture, but common man. Kordell came into the league as a running QB, and he never developed into a top quartile performer. Bottom line--he can't lead. Biggest homer statement? If b.harmami had use Ron Mexico in his analogy instead of Kordell you would be more correct.

You want DB instead?

JP has more physical ability and raw talent than Kordell?? That is the biggest homer statement of the year.

363926[/snapback]

Why? JP runs a 4.6. Kordell also ran a 4.6. They both have a strong arm.

The difference is JP is a real QB. Kordell was at his best when he was used in different situations as a change of pace QB that ran the ball and caught passes out of the backfield as well as trick plays. Maybe he was more of an athlete, but a QB doesn't have to have those skills to be successful. Just look at KS's play when they ask him to play like a real QB.

The only mistake was not getting him in the lineup sooner last year when it was obvious we were going nowhere.  Some of us "non-Bills fans" advocated this in October.

363954[/snapback]

Seriously, was JP able to walk without crutches in October? Remember the big collision with Vincent?

Are you kidding me?  The Bledsoe crowd will be on him from game one.  Jesus, can you imagine what will happen if the Bills lose to Houston, and Bledsoe and the Cowboys rack up 35 points on San Diego?

363918[/snapback]

yup its going to be ugly here next season...the same people that said it wasnt drew's fault last season are going to blame it 100% on losman this year, believe you me...

yup its going to be ugly here next season...the same people that said it wasnt drew's fault last season are going to blame it 100% on losman this year, believe you me...

363973[/snapback]

Otoh, who are the Drew haters going to blame if JP is a below average qb?

Two way street, ya know? :devil:

363973[/snapback]

I am of the opinion that JP has a thicker skin than his "look-alike" RJ.

But, anyway, that horse ain't out of the barn yet. We are favored to win folks. Which means...we might actually win...huh?

Go Bills!

Prediction 9/11/2005 : Bills 24 - Houston 17

Funny...most of the stuff I've read, including Peter King and Dr.Z, predict Losman will be a stud.  One disguntled ex-bill says something negative and you're ready to sh*tcan the season?  Take a pill, my friend!

Get a grip and look at the facts:  Bledsoe S-U-C-K-E-D!!  Keeping him around one more year guaranteed the Bills another sub-.500 season. Losman is mobile, has a better arm, is more accurate, and can throw while he's running!  He is the Anti-Bledsoe!

Furthermore, JP has shown more leadership qualities so far than Bledsoe, RJ, and Todd Collins ever showed.

Are you trying to tell me Losman could be any worse than "Pat, Pat, Sack???"  The whole "rookie QB" arguement is a knee-jerk reaction from the media.  It's a safe catch-all answer to the "how good is the unknown QB?" question.  They all said the same things about Tom Brady and Ben Rothlisburger.

Keep in mind the Bills have one of the best defenses and special teams in the NFL, not to mention a budding superstar RB.  Add to that a top-notch line coach, and you have plenty of reason to be optimistic.

I think 4 years of Drew Bledsoe have dulled people's expectations around here.

PTR

363824[/snapback]

Let's see. In three years we had one sub .500 season. So the odds were 66.67% that we would not have had a sub .500 season.

Wanna try again?

Keep in mind the Bills have one of the best defenses and special teams in the NFL, not to mention a budding superstar RB.  Add to that a top-notch line coach, and you have plenty of reason to be optimistic.

PTR

363824[/snapback]

I think that is the biggest difference between the JP situation and Palmers

situation with the bengals....The bengals had a leaky rush defense...couldn't

stop the other team from controlling the line of scrimmage....In such

situations you cannot expect a rookie QB to take over.....

I hope JP situation is similar to more like Bens debut for the steelers....

Good running game, good defense, good special teams...keep the field

short for the offense and don't put the game in the hand of the offense.

Just curious, did you see the collision?

363988[/snapback]

No. Let me also clarify something.....Did I like the move by TD to get rid of Drew? No. I didn't even like the trade to bring in JP.

That said, the coaches know more than I do and this was their choice. One reservation I have is that perhaps the loss to Pitt weighed too heavily on their decision. I also go out of my way to praise JP's work ethic. I support this kid as much as you. There is no choice.....he is our QB.

The poster suggested making this move in October 04. I was trying to jog my memory and try to recall if JP could in fact walk at the time.

Some of the Drew support is probably tiresome, but much of the Drew blame/hate is over the edge as well.

At this point, all any of us can do is cheer for the kid. If he has RJ talent (as some say) and football smarts, he will go a long way.

Seriously, was JP able to walk without crutches in October? Remember the big collision with Vincent?

363969[/snapback]

OK early November. Whenever the week after the Pats night game was; and I probably wouldn't have thrown him to the wolves at the end of that game.

363973[/snapback]

I'm afraid you are correct. Suddenly it won't be such a "team game".