What I'm feeling like right now.

Whkfc

These guys in charge dont care about winning a championship im sure they would love to bit it's not the priority. They are about being competitive year in and year out. The messaging on  local radio is there's not much of an appetite for trading for a reciever that is desperately needed right now. They care about making the playoffs making them equals job security the division is a mess they will make it and make an early exit. They won't sell out to win 1 like the RAMS did  it's just get in and hope for the best.

• Eyeroll 3

19 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

These guys in charge dont care about winning a championship im sure they would love to bit it's not the priority. They are about being competitive year in and year out. The messaging on  local radio is there's not much of an appetite for trading for a reciever that is desperately needed right now. They care about making the playoffs making them equals job security the division is a mess they will make it and make an early exit. They won't sell out to win 1 like the RAMS did  it's just get in and hope for the best.

When you start your thought with an absolutely false statement, you lost me. 

• Like (+1) 3

It's a business and the priority of any business is to make money.

As long as the asses are in the seats and people are spending their hard-earned cash on the merchandise, the business is flourishing and making money. So, business and money first, a championship 2nd......it will always work like this, and you can't convince me otherwise.

If you honestly think a billion dollar business puts customers and "feelings" above money, you are delusional.........money will always come first in any business.

Businesses care about the customer just enough for them to keep coming back to soak up more money.

Sports franchises are no different and in fact are the worst of all business, as they have the fanbase believe that they care about them and lull them into believing that if the fan lives and dies for that franchise, they will be rewarded sometime down the line with a championship.........but remember in business, it is money first and championship second.

33 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

🤣🤣🤣

I don't buy that the "guys in charge" -- be it Terry Pegula, Brandon Beane, or Sean McDermott -- don't care about winning a championship. Not for one second.

I vehemently disagree with the way they choose to go about trying to win a championship at times, but not even one half of one percent of me believes that they don't care about winning a championship.

That's about all I have to say on this topic.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

Perhaps they know internally they are far more than 1 WR away from being a SB contender this year? And if that's the case, then I don't really see what the point is of winning the division again and making the playoffs when you know you have no shot...get a higher draft pick and reload with higher end talent.

Edited by Big Turk

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps they know internally they are far more than 1 WR away from being a SB contender this year? And if that's the case, then I don't really see what the point is of winning the division again and making the playoffs when you know you have no shot...get a higher draft pick and reload with higher end talent.

Maybe your right. I just think the goal is to be competitive and that's fine. I don't see them making a move for a guy that could improve the team now at the expense of maybe a draft pick that could help in the future. Mack Hollins has no business playing wide reciever.  Replace him with a real reciever and the whole offense gets better..

Edited by Whkfc

I think he have a good defense i believe the depth is better. I believe a legit reciever would open things up for everyone else in offense. But I don't think they wanna make that move right now. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The whiniest LAMP today.  Congrats, OP.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Maybe your right. I just think the goal is to be competitive and that's fine. I don't see them making a move for a guy that could improve the team now at the expense of maybe a draft pick that could help in the future. Mack Hollins has no business playing wide reciever.  Replace him with a real reciever and the whole offense gets better..

I think the goal is to maintain the ability to be competitive all the time but within that you will have pockets of time when you really go for it...this is not one of those years, IMO, and would just set them back for future years when they will have improved chances.

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

Honestly, none of us know what is going through the heads of Beane & Co. 

We do know that we have a franchise QB with a great arm that is missing a key element for his success, which are competent wide receivers. This "Everyone Eats" BS is just another tag line to go with "Trust the Process". 

Has anyone else noticed the lack of running Josh is not doing this year?

Is it a "Save it for next season" mandate?

For all of this regime’s faults I wouldn’t say a desire to win is the issue. I don’t think McDermott is a slacker or not competitive, by any means. 

But I do think his mentality is “commitment to the process” as opposed to “commitment to excellence.” I think that is the case 110%