Does Josh have more control over the roster than any of us think?

Billyhouseman

Josh prides himself on being "one of the guys", however, there's certain guys he LOVES regardless of how trash their talents are, examples like trubisky, MVS, Knox, Kumerow in the past GENTRY also in the past, and dictates if he doesn't like a guy to get them out of here like Diggs. It worries me we that Beane gets guys Allen likes as friends and would be afraid to get rid of his "friends" who are not productive.... For example, let's say Browns want to trade Cooper to us, given his low salary let's say they want Knox be thrown in the deal, does Beane have the balls to do that? Would Josh "allow" it

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Billyhouseman said:

Josh prides himself on being "one of the guys", however, there's certain guys he LOVES regardless of how trash their talents are, examples like trubisky, MVS, Knox, Kumerow in the past GENTRY also in the past, and dictates if he doesn't like a guy to get them out of here like Diggs. It worries me we that Beane gets guys Allen likes as friends and would be afraid to get rid of his "friends" who are not productive.... For example, let's say Browns want to trade Cooper to us, given his low salary let's say they want Knox be thrown in the deal, does Beane have the balls to do that? Would Josh "allow" it

Knox is a definite “Josh Buddy”. Get rid of him and his ridiculous salary… sorry Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billyhouseman said:

Allen strikes me as the type of teammate who is committed to making lemonade out of lemons. He has talked up every receiver he had.  Allen seems to like every receiver Bean puts out there. But I see no evidence that Allen is "controlling the roster" in any way.

As for Diggs are we going to ignore the guys history with the Vikings or the repeated inappropriate comments by his brother?  Allen did not drive Diggs away Diggs wanted out.  Diggs read the room and clearly saw the type of offense that McD wanted to run his brand of complimentary football.  Say what you will abut Diggs but he knew his targets were going to go way down in the new McD offense.  And don't kid yourself this is McD's not Brady's O. 

My sense is that if Bean approached Allen and said we were trading away Knox and a draft pick to get Cooper Allen would be fine with it and would throw Knox a huge going away party. 

In fact I would submit that Allen is to accommodating.  Allen believes he can lift the play of any WR and communicates that to Bean & McD.  This lets Bean & McD off the hook in providing their elite QB with the skill [layers needed to function at the top of his game. Going forward I hope Allen takes a more forceful approach with roster decisions on the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1