We all agree that something needs to be done. Does anyone believe we actually will?

22 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Do you have any confidence they will spend the cap money wisely? The last good FAs we signed were Brown & Beasley

Not with McDermott at the helm, who dictates the type of players we ultimately get.

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

No, I think they will stand pat and try to work it out with the guys/staff they have. Even in Allen's pressers last week and this week, he seems to believe that these losses don't define their season and that they just need to work harder.  If they keep losing games...it will define their season. Doesn't seem to be any urgency at all this year. I would imagine they will perform similarly next Monday night to how they did yesterday (some good, lots of sloppy/bad). They will "make calls" about guys, but at the end of the day, nothing will get done.

Your right if anything Mcbeane has shown us in 7+ seasons is there hard headed and they will double triple down on there plans. They've proven they didn't make adjustments and learn from there mistakes 

31 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Initially I thought the Vikings pick was a huge asset. I expected it to be somewhere between the 33rd and 38th over pick. Now that the Vikings look legit, I have no real need to hang onto that asset. Yes it loses some value but it also becomes something I don't need to have anymore. 

I understand the whole idea of a cap reset year. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing everything you can to win now. You don't push off years with a franchise quarterback especially one who plays a style of play that possibly lends itself to a shorter shelf life. 

I do think Beane will acquire a WR before the deadline. I am pretty skeptical that it'll be a top guy. More likely it'll be more of the same but just a fresh face so it gives off the impression that he did something. THAT is something I would have a problem with giving up an asset for. 

They'll make a trade for a bkup Running back (Hines) that's what these guys do. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Throughout the McDermott/Beane era it has often felt like a time for action is obvious. Seems like we hit a snag in the regular season (Sometimes it’s injury related, sometimes it’s talent negligence, coaching etc) Either way it seems like we are here annually.

The frustration exists because it seems like we never actually address it. This team tends to pass the issue down the line and just assume the QB will bail them out. I don’t know how many years of Allen’s prime we are willing to burn but I’d have to think it’s starting to boil over behind the scenes. I feel comfortable in saying the majority of us feel like a need at WR needs to be made. How many of us feel like it will actually happen? I’m not talking about bringing up marginal fringe roster players from a PS. I’m talking about one of the guys that can actually help. Proven players that are upgrades to what we currently have? We can talk about it all we want but im

just assuming we will watch the serious teams make moves and we will sit around holding out excuses.

I think they need to trade for a top receiver 3rd or 4th rounder and  then see if we can find some safety help,  maybe bring back Heyde.  Sorry but even a Heyde who lost a step is better and reacts better than the garbage we have out there.  Hamlin looks slow and out of position on most plays

We get the receive and Safety and I believe they can give themselves a chance. If Mcdermott wants to continue on with what they have then we will see more of these awful offensive performances. 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

why is this so hard to understand

this offense, this version of allen, this wr group- THIS IS THE THING THAT WAS DONE! there is no further thing that is going to be done...this is their vision for the offense in real time

Nobody’s arguing that it’s not what it is. We are saying it’s not good enough. As has been clear the last 2 weeks. If you aren’t willing to come off your plan once it goes sideways, then you aren’t fit for the job. If the vision was to have no offensive success and get shut down by decent defenses, it’s not acceptable. The bengals had whatever they wanted against the Ravens yesterday. We were completely dominated by them. This isn’t good enough. I realize the Bills expected that these nobody WRs were good enough…they aren’t. Fix it

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

I think Slayton could happen.  I don’t the see others happening.

Cooper makes sense but dude has EIGHT drops this season and has been part of the reason their offense sucks.  Do we trust him?  If the price is right, it’s worth the risk.  

I think someone else will make a harder play for Adams.  The price would be too high for us as they’d have to eat a lot of that cap hit he carries. 

I’d be happy with Hopkins at the right price.

Slayton makes sense- he’s faster than all of the above and can help keep defenses honest- if Josh shows that he can actually hit a WR on a deep ball.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Honestly no. I thought in the offseason they would have addressed the WR position further as you could see it needed some help. They are betting youth in Coleman Kincaid Shakir works out long term and Beane seems hell bent to not mess with the cap so long term they are far more free. I do not agree with this and you can clearly see that a more veteran presence OR double dipping for a different type of WR in the draft would've helped but I don't run the team.

I think they will make a move of some sort. Might not be the big splash everyone wants and it might not be the WR spot but usually Beane does something and we are going to have 10 draft picks. 

I know people are mad right now but the soft part of our schedule is coming up we could easily be staring down 8-2 before the next tough stretch comes 

As many posters have accurately said, Terry now calls all the shots. The days of Kim having a say are over. Pegula is so blindly content with McB that a change is unlikely no matter how much it's needed now. Josh is going to be 30 soon. We've managed to butcher the 1st half of his career. We're starting to see him take more hits.  We've always seen him be neglected weapon wise. As a fan I'm so angry and frustrated.  We should be doing everything possible to trade for Cooper. But as usual we'll roll with the garbage wrs we have.

7 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Amari Cooper can be had for a 3rd or 4th rd pick.  

Beane should go rogue

Cooper for a 3rd...we can actually fit his salary

Adams for a 2nd and Curtis Samuel (unsure of dead cap implicati ons) 

Adams

Cooper

Shakir

Coleman

Yes. 

Is it realistic, of course not.   

But it's actually doable IF the Bills wanted to be that aggressive in trying to give Allen actual WR's