We all agree that something needs to be done. Does anyone believe we actually will?

Throughout the McDermott/Beane era it has often felt like a time for action is obvious. Seems like we hit a snag in the regular season (Sometimes it’s injury related, sometimes it’s talent negligence, coaching etc) Either way it seems like we are here annually.

The frustration exists because it seems like we never actually address it. This team tends to pass the issue down the line and just assume the QB will bail them out. I don’t know how many years of Allen’s prime we are willing to burn but I’d have to think it’s starting to boil over behind the scenes. I feel comfortable in saying the majority of us feel like a need at WR needs to be made. How many of us feel like it will actually happen? I’m not talking about bringing up marginal fringe roster players from a PS. I’m talking about one of the guys that can actually help. Proven players that are upgrades to what we currently have? We can talk about it all we want but im

just assuming we will watch the serious teams make moves and we will sit around holding out excuses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No, I think they will stand pat and try to work it out with the guys/staff they have. Even in Allen's pressers last week and this week, he seems to believe that these losses don't define their season and that they just need to work harder.  If they keep losing games...it will define their season. Doesn't seem to be any urgency at all this year. I would imagine they will perform similarly next Monday night to how they did yesterday (some good, lots of sloppy/bad). They will "make calls" about guys, but at the end of the day, nothing will get done.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I'm skeptical they'll do anything. They're probably confident (and for good reason) that this team can win the division, and while it'd be nice to have more consistency in the WR room, it ultimately won't translate to enough wins for it to move the needle to the 1 seed or similar. 

They're set up really well for next season with a lot of picks and even more cap space. I'm not confident they'll use it bolstering the offense though, which sucks. 

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

Something needs to be done for what?

I'm not happy with the last 2 games for sure, but once they went with trading Diggs, making other cuts/roster moves, I accepted this year as a 'cap reset yet'.  My realization, my expectation, is that this year is going to be a little bit tough--do the best you can--and things get better next year.

I don't want them trading major assets, I don't want them taking another step back right now in terms of 'future cap', to a short term fix.  Don't get me wrong, I do not want them to lose, I do not want them to do nothing at all, but improve the team the best you can without doing anything major that is 'outside the plan' for this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Throughout the McDermott/Beane era it has often felt like a time for action is obvious. Seems like we hit a snag in the regular season (Sometimes it’s injury related, sometimes it’s talent negligence, coaching etc) Either way it seems like we are here annually.

The frustration exists because it seems like we never actually address it. This team tends to pass the issue down the line and just assume the QB will bail them out. I don’t know how many years of Allen’s prime we are willing to burn but I’d have to think it’s starting to boil over behind the scenes. I feel comfortable in saying the majority of us feel like a need at WR needs to be made. How many of us feel like it will actually happen? I’m not talking about bringing up marginal fringe roster players from a PS. I’m talking about one of the guys that can actually help. Proven players that are upgrades to what we currently have? We can talk about it all we want but im

just assuming we will watch the serious teams make moves and we will sit around holding out excuses.

I was a pretty big supporter of both Beane/McDermott but I’m 100% convinced both have been carried by Josh Allen. 

For how tight we are against the cap and the guys we have signed you would think there are studs on both sides of the ball. Ed Oliver 1 sack, AJ Epenesa 1 sack, Groot non existent against good teams, Daquan Jones is a bust yet again. Why did we pay Curtis Coleman with no vision for him here? We traded Diggs for no reasoning other than he didn’t want to be here but he was under contract and we didn’t have to trade him, we cared more about a draft pick.

Beane and McDermott did a great job of getting us to where we needed to be but have run their course imo. I don’t see these 2 getting us a championship.

Initially I thought the Vikings pick was a huge asset. I expected it to be somewhere between the 33rd and 38th over pick. Now that the Vikings look legit, I have no real need to hang onto that asset. Yes it loses some value but it also becomes something I don't need to have anymore. 

I understand the whole idea of a cap reset year. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing everything you can to win now. You don't push off years with a franchise quarterback especially one who plays a style of play that possibly lends itself to a shorter shelf life. 

I do think Beane will acquire a WR before the deadline. I am pretty skeptical that it'll be a top guy. More likely it'll be more of the same but just a fresh face so it gives off the impression that he did something. THAT is something I would have a problem with giving up an asset for. 

I'm going to be really honest here. I hope they make zero in season moves. Here's why.

I believe we are way further away from Super Bowl glory than a trade deadline type move or two. Or a shuffle the deck coordinator type move.  I'd rather see them hold picks and keep future cash until the off-season. Let this year play out. Can we finally get the talent needed on this squad?

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm skeptical they'll do anything. They're probably confident (and for good reason) that this team can win the division, and while it'd be nice to have more consistency in the WR room, it ultimately won't translate to enough wins for it to move the needle to the 1 seed or similar. 

They're set up really well for next season with a lot of picks and even more cap space. I'm not confident they'll use it bolstering the offense though, which sucks. 

Do you have any confidence they will spend the cap money wisely? The last good FAs we signed were Brown & Beasley

I dont think they will do much in the short-term.

Big-picture, this was expected to be a leaner year in which we hope to snake a wild card spot or Division title... and have a punchers chance in the playoffs.   Next offseason will be the time to re-imagine some of these weak areas with cap room and assets.

This front office has a bad case of group think and has for several years.

They convince themselves in the offseason that areas everyone knows are problems will be OK and then they just press forward.  Then, when the problems become apparent in the regular season, they make excuses and usually double down.  Making a move right now is the correct answer, but they probably see it as an admission they were wrong and will sit on their hands.

WR room and kicker were known issues going into this season and they stuck their heads in the sand and pretended they weren't.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I honestly can see the Bills trading for a WR. It feels like it’ll be too little, too late. The team needs more than that to compete for a title (though it would be a good start). Even if they do make it to the playoffs they have to win there with a HC that has a consistent habit of freezing up and making mistakes. Allen can’t cover up all the deficiencies and that too. He needs more help than one WR can give him. Though an Amari Cooper or the like would make the season a lot more enjoyable.