24 HRs Later Relooking At The Loss To HOU

corta765

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Divisional games are always different as both teams know each other pretty well. Josh has done well vs NY when they run at them and he stays patient. Their d line is good but lacks the depth of prior years and their safeties are shaky. Much relies on finding a rythem and not falling down 14 early

Bills O has looked bad on the road the last 2 years against them.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Trust me it has been in my head since the CIN loss. Mahomes forever is 1 in the league, Josh at his best is probably the only QB that actually can go toe to toe to that degree which we saw in 13 seconds. BUT his bad variance games which have happened every year minus 2020 (which surprise he was 2nd in MVP) eliminate him from being an MVP front runner and also lower the team itself from hitting that 13-14 win place. I do not doubt he has the talent to win a SB, but the flaws especially on a roster that now has less talent with part of that being his salary as a reason are real as heck. Hate saying it, but that just seems to be his place. I do not thing he could win a SB like Mahomes did last year in terms of offensive talent around him, I think he will always need a little bit more like Burrow Lamar etc.

Don’t slam JA17.  JK12 had stinky games every year with a better team.  Josh is more talented and just as tough.  Jim had deer in headlights in the SBs, and other games.  I remember that MNF against KC.  Get everyone healthy, Josh can beat any team.  Our coaches have to get better too.

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Divisional games are always different as both teams know each other pretty well. Josh has done well vs NY when they run at them and he stays patient. Their d line is good but lacks the depth of prior years and their safeties are shaky. Much relies on finding a rythem and not falling down 14 early

Saleh right out of the gate will jam our receivers at the line and rush 6 - he'd be dumb not to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Trust me it has been in my head since the CIN loss. Mahomes forever is 1 in the league, Josh at his best is probably the only QB that actually can go toe to toe to that degree which we saw in 13 seconds. BUT his bad variance games which have happened every year minus 2020 (which surprise he was 2nd in MVP) eliminate him from being an MVP front runner and also lower the team itself from hitting that 13-14 win place. I do not doubt he has the talent to win a SB, but the flaws especially on a roster that now has less talent with part of that being his salary as a reason are real as heck. Hate saying it, but that just seems to be his place. I do not thing he could win a SB like Mahomes did last year in terms of offensive talent around him, I think he will always need a little bit more like Burrow Lamar etc.

have you watched Mahomes over the last year and a half?  He is downright bad in many games.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is one of those games the Bills would have won by at least 10 points the previous 4 years. Texans did everything to hand us the game and we refused to take it.

Like the game against Minnesota and Denver from last year...Point is we have blown such games in the past.

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I agree, but there was no "right" answer that was going to get them out of that situation and end result short of getting a first down. IMO, maybe the thing that would have helped most is josh running out of the pocket and launching the ball as far and as high as he could throw it downfield which would mean that the clock doesn't stop til the ball hits the ground. The Hollins throw took about 8-10 seconds off the clock...they might have been able to get down to around 5 seconds left before punting if they did that

No issues with 3 throws but it seemed they were trying for home run to win it.  They should’ve gone for a quick first down with a short pass, then wing it.

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

No issues with 3 throws but it seemed they were trying for home run to win it.  They should’ve gone for a quick first down with a short pass, then wing it.

I can agree with that...looked like he had some easy completions short on the first throw to Hollins...

Allen was seeing ghosts yesterday towards the end...he was under pressure so frequently, he was expecting it even he it didn't materialize.

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't watch the entire game i am working in Canada the next 3 weeks and didn't find the game until late so i wasn't able to notice who exactly had more snaps than other players .

But there are a couple of things that i think i have noticed and if i am wrong please tell me so . 1 . last season Ty Johnson was a stud & when ever i have been watching i haven't seen him used much at all they have had the rookie Davis getting more snaps than him . I did see him score against the Ravens but that wa about it .

The other thing is I thought Valdez Scantling and even Samuel were brought in in part for their speed and to be utilized in some respects to take the top off the D & at least keep them honest but i haven't seen 1 pass deep this season or have i missed some of those to either of them ? It's almost like they know the Bills won't throw deep so they can rush Josh more consistently, which makes me think if they did at least attempt a deep pass it might take some pressure offo fo Josh .

Then last in the Ravens game it was like they were only using certain players and not getting others more involved, distribution seems to be kept to a certain few & teams are keying on them knowing that they are the money guys and others players aren't included in the plan to take some pressure off those people . One of the games they said 9 different players were targeted by Josh but the last 2 games it doesn't seem to be like that .

All the hype of bringing in players like Samuel, Hollins, was suppose to be a help but to this point Hollins has 1 TD but has a bunch of drops I'd rather see them go to Knox he's much more dependable & bring up Shavers and give him a legit shot . Please let me know if i'm looking at this from the complete wrong angle or if i have any substance in this thinking . Thanks !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

have you watched Mahomes over the last year and a half?  He is downright bad in many games.

Mahomes gets a TD when it was 20-17 not a FG. That is the difference he closes

44 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Don’t slam JA17.  JK12 had stinky games every year with a better team.  Josh is more talented and just as tough.  Jim had deer in headlights in the SBs, and other games.  I remember that MNF against KC.  Get everyone healthy, Josh can beat any team.  Our coaches have to get better too.

Kelly made a SB by now Josh hasn't. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until otherwise and he is not a young kid anymore, highest paid guy on roster he can get criticism.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

because unlike our guy Reid was never playing for the FG in the first place 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

So if they run the ball 3 times and get next to nothing like they had been all 2nd half, especially with the Texans expecting runs down there, force Houston to burn their 3 timeouts AND likely give them an extra 10-15 seconds of clock time since run plays are much quicker than passing plays, how does that change the outcome? The Texans still easily could have done exactly what they did and kicked the FG.

That's something that is lost on most posters. You run 3 times and don't get a first down, you are handing them an extra 10-15 seconds of time on the clock.

Could not agree more with you on this.  They needed to get a first down at that point.  3 straight runs and a punt and the final outcome is most likely the same for the reasons you stated.   So I also don't have a problem with throwing the ball on that last drive once it got to that point. 

The inexcusable error to me was on the Texans drive prior to that when McDermott gave the Texans the complete control of the clock by taking our final two timeouts the first two plays after the 2 minute warning on a 1st and 2nd down play.  There is still a lot game and plays left at that point so you don't take your final TO there when it's only going to be 3rd down.  We ended up out of TO's, let the Texans keep all of theirs and it's still the Texans ball at that point in a tie game.   That's 100% advantage Texans at that point.  You don't give up having any more control over the clock just to stop it from running with 1:50 to play when you haven't even forced them to give up the ball yet.   This is what we really should all be focused on, imo.   McDermott created the situation where the Texans could have two possessions to our one possession.   I was screaming that was a mistake in real time and that is what forced us into needing to get a first down once we got it back. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Kelly made a SB by now Josh hasn't. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until otherwise and he is not a young kid anymore, highest paid guy on roster he can get criticism.

Allen almost always does too and is let down by his D and special teams. How many times have they lost in instances where we needed a TD late in the 4th quarter to win the game and then the D to shut the door and we get the TD from Allen but then the D not slamming the door? I can think of 5 right off the top of my head at least and I am sure there are more.

IMO, Mahomes should be thanking Chris Jones for a lot of those victories.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Allen was under siege for half of the plays
He might be a bit weary due to his left hand

He delivered a handful of throws that should have been caught
The WR's without Shakir on the field are a struggling unit
Samuel is not being used properly

MVS is not being used properly

Mack Hollins can't track the ball

Kincaid should be getting 10-12 targets a game 
Dawson Knox should be getting 5-7 targets a game 

so that would be a combination of "Brady is in way over his head" and "this is the worst WR group ever." 9 for 30 is historically bad. so we are talking major problems. this isn't merely "just a bad game"  we were something like 5 to 8 completions away from "Just a bad game"