Curtis Samuel -- wtf???

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If those receivers are open and the ball is delivered to a poor spot or to someone else is that on the OC?  MVS has been open deep but Josh over threw him a few times. Samuel has been open short but ball goes elsewhere. Knox has been blocking a bunch because teams are blitzing the hell outta Josh.  People put too much blame on the OC and ignore the person who has the final say in delivering the ball. 

You’re absolutely right, if the QB is not accurate or other options are preventing guys from making plays, the OC may not be the problem. If you’re being objective though,through 5 games with the mantra being “ everyone eats” it’s obvious Knox is a blocker period. Samuel may be injured because he cannot get separation in the 10 to 15 yd area and Josh would find an open Samuel if it was available. MVS had a long pass overthrown but that’s everything. He should be a bigger piece with Shakir hurt and Coleman not getting many opportunities. Its only 2 games since we had offensive success, maybe this game tonight will get some more guys involved.

On 10/7/2024 at 2:38 PM, Sojourner said:

Think the pressure of showcasing he does not in fact “need Diggs” in that revenge game was looming large in his head. Might be that way for some of the play calls too. 

I was wondering about this too. Maybe Josh was trying to show off to Diggs about how he could throw long without him. I certainly hope that not the case but I'm not so sure it isn't.

• Like (+1) 1