What's on your Mt. Rushmore of Halloween/Horror Movies?

BillsPride12

On 10/8/2024 at 9:24 AM, Sweats said:

When i was a kid, those monkeys used to scare the living daylights out of me.

Also, the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang......when the guy would go out in the street and kidnap the kids in cages. Scared me to death every time as a kid and they could never get away with a movie premise like that anymore these days.

There was another movie, Return To OZ that came out (i think in the early 90's) and it sure wasn't a kids movie, that's for sure.

Return to Oz came out in the mid 80s. I saw it as a child in theater. Yeah not a great idea.

Poltergeist freaked me out as a child too with the maggot infested steak and guy pulling his face off.

The original Texas Chainsaw massacre also one that sticks with me. 

Terrifier as mentioned because it's just so graphic.

The Audition (1999) is another one of those ick movies.

I love the original Saw as the concept and ending were so original at the time it came out.

Another nod goes out to The Platform for originality. 

Last but not least I also love Train to Busan as it's so much more than just a Zombie film.

Nosferatu 1922

Dracula 1931

Frankenstein 1931

Halloween 1978

Honorable mentions: The Old Dark House 1932, Nearly anything from Val Lewton(Cat People, The Leopard Man, The Body Snatcher, I walked With A Zombie), The Invisible Man 1933.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I watched Christine last night.  It was alright.  Started off promising but it just never got to be too suspenseful or thrilling.  I would imagine the novel was more intense though.

Next up Carrie 

I liked Christine.

Buddy today:

https://www.impactmania.com/1669/24th-district-congressional-candidate-william-ostrander/

• Shocked 1