Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing?

Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing as GM?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

His use of resources in the draft is questionable. Drafting Kincaid after paying Knox big money. Drafting Moss in the 4th a year after drafting  Singletary in the 3rd, then drafting Cook 2 years later in the 2nd and Davis in the 4th a year after that. In a matter of 5 years, Beane has used a 2nd, 3rd and two 4th round picks on RBs! Doubling down on DE and drafting Boogie Basham, who had zero high impact NFL qualities, in the 2nd round after drafting Groot in the 1st. 

It's even worse than you stated - Moss was taken in the 3rd round, so that's 3 Day 2 RBs in 4 years.

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Chiefs had a mini-reset last year, and they struggled through the regular season.

But then they got to the playoffs and Reid's coaching gave Mahomes the best platform to win games, and they won the Super Bowl.

There is NO chance of that happening in Buffalo with McDermott.

The Chiefs also had HOF difference makers  in Jones and Kelce, in their 'reset' year.  Who did Beane provide Allen with? Dalton Riemersma?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So what is the answer???

Teach your great coach how to make simple clock management decisions?

Yeah, I mean that seems simpler than firing McD and rebuilding the entire team culture from the ground up. Or maybe you fire Brady if he's the one making these terrible calls, but I just don't think firing McDermott will in any way result in better outcomes for the Bills. 

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The Chiefs also had HOF difference makers  in Jones and Kelce, in their 'reset' year.  Who did Beane provide Allen with? Dalton Riemersma?

Kelce had his worst season, statistically, since 2015. And he's having an even worse one this year. He was drafted by John Dorsey. That's like asking why didnt Doug Whaley provide better support for Allen? And with Knox and Kincaid picks, he's certainly trying.

Not having a Jones isnt for lack of trying with all the draft picks and FAs we've put into the DL. Why can't our defensive guru HC get anything going on our rotating line?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Kelce had his worst season, statistically, since 2015. And he's having an even worse one this year. He was drafted by John Dorsey. That's like asking why didnt Doug Whaley provide better support for Allen?

Not having a Jones isnt for lack of trying with all the draft picks and FAs we've put into the DL. Why can't our defensive guru HC get anything going on our rotating line?

Maybe those loads of picks and signings....just aren't good?  

• Like (+1) 1

I think we all know the meaning of insanity. If we truly want to get better, a change needs to happen. 

Then there is the great Josh Allen mystery of not getting it..

Somehow, he needs to understand the Pat Mahomes success blueprint. 
When playing tough defenses…Consistent first down plays are the key, and not always reaching for the chunk plays. 

He just hasn’t adapted.  Like his mentor Gettleman - stuck in the 1993 version of football.  Overload on d linemen, running backs, blocking receivers and low-ceiling tight ends.  The game has changed and Beane, though not an old man, sees the world like one.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane has always had a good feel for what needs to be done with this roster, even if it doesn't always manifest.  Hence him kicking the tires on guys like McCaffrey and Adams.

I just wish he'd pull the trigger more often and take more risks in the draft. 

Let em hang a bit, Beane.

9 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Both have made multiple Super Bowls. Snead was smart enough not to pay Von Miller.

The Rams went all in to win that Super Bowl and now are suffering from the results. In terms of the 49ers kudos to them for finding Purdy but shame on them for giving up so much for Lance. Yet I know that NFC West is one tough division....:eyeroll:

30 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He just hasn’t adapted.  Like his mentor Gettleman - stuck in the 1993 version of football.  Overload on d linemen, running backs, blocking receivers and low-ceiling tight ends.  The game has changed and Beane, though not an old man, sees the world like one.

and yet under Beane's tenure we still remain one of the league's best. Btw did you catch KC's win last night? Did they win because of great performance for their offense? No they one with a solid running game strong defense but I know Reid and Mahomes equals great offense all the time. 

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The Rams went all in to win that Super Bowl and now are suffering from the results. In terms of the 49ers kudos to them for finding Purdy but shame on them for giving up so much for Lance. Yet I know that NFC West is one tough division....:eyeroll:

We went all in too, without the Super Bowl. 

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

and yet under Beane's tenure we still remain one of the league's best. Btw did you catch KC's win last night? Did they win because of great performance for their offense? No they one with a solid running game strong defense but I know Reid and Mahomes equals great offense all the time. 

And look at the assets they spent of RBs the last few years vs what assets we spent on RBs. So you are proving the point that Beane has to go.

57 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

I think we all know the meaning of insanity. If we truly want to get better, a change needs to happen. 

Then there is the great Josh Allen mystery of not getting it..

Somehow, he needs to understand the Pat Mahomes success blueprint. 
When playing tough defenses…Consistent first down plays are the key, and not always reaching for the chunk plays. 

We saw that though, there is plenty games where he takes whatever is given then others where the cape comes out. 

It’s a mental thing as much as coaching. 

That Houston game, especially the first half, the Diggs/“revenge game” drama clearly was in his head. 

I'm happy with his work overall.  

What I like:

Competitive team each year.

There's planning for the new stadium years where the Bills *need* the best teams they can assemble.

Drafts solid football players.

Pretty sharp with trades.  

What I don't like:

Overpaying 30+ year old players (Miller, Jones).

Giving good players *great* money. (While he didn't pay Edmunds (and I wouldn't have either), I also would not have paid Dawson Knox or Ed Oliver.) 

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yet we haven't bottomed out yet which appears Rams are about to do. 

Let’s see how the season plays out and if they get Puka back. At the end of the year they will have the Super Bowl ring, we’ll have another division title and second round exit

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Yeah, I mean that seems simpler than firing McD and rebuilding the entire team culture from the ground up. Or maybe you fire Brady if he's the one making these terrible calls, but I just don't think firing McDermott will in any way result in better outcomes for the Bills. 

What is the culture?

A bunch of Process guys who McD( maybe Beane too) likes but not a one of them has a perennial Pro bowl ceiling, much less HOF.

JAG or slightly over that is the demonstrated culture for the extent of Josh’s career. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

What is the culture?

A bunch of Process guys who McD( maybe Beane too) likes but not a one of them has a perennial Pro bowl ceiling, much less HOF.

JAG or slightly over that is the demonstrated culture for the extent of Josh’s career. 

The process ended after :13 and the culture died in the No Show In The Snow. Those are just buzzwords like “synergy” at this point.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/7/2024 at 8:40 AM, colin said:

i was really hoping brown would ball out and keep improving, but he is trash vs any quality pass rush, and so is the guy next to him.

i don't know if it's butt kissing, or hard working, or being a coach's pet, or whatever, but the bills LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to pay up up up for unwise contracts.

the diggs extension was insane, for a 30 yo wr who isn't big or fast, knox extension was laughable, brown extension i think is fine, but maybe not, von contract and then extensions were malpractice, what we are getting out of oliver, samuel, and some other guys isn't great either. DQ jones is getting way too much for an old DT as well.

we dump way too many resources into guys who are a little better than replacement because of some scheme/character fetish, but then don't have the resources to actually go and get a difference maker when they are out there.

also, extending knox and then drafting kinkaid, when we barely like to use TEs, what is going on here?

I’ve notice if your josh Allen’s buddy your going to get paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

Ryan Grigson should have been GM for life.

More right than wrong shouldn't be the standard.

Furthermore, the 2024 team doesn't look "more right than wrong." Who looks right on this roster? I'm not sure we have more good players than bad players or question marks on the field.

Ultimately, the WR problem is too much to ignore. Put it another way.

Hypothetically, if the Bills had a garbage QB, and failed to chase a QB in a meaningful way for 3-4 years, you would say that's egregious. It's clearly the most important position, the Bills can't just ignore it.

Now WR's aren't as important as QB, but they are arguably the second most important (along with EDGE/pass rush).  Imagine if the Bills had garbage EDGE players. And they just keep taking RB's and safeties and 1T DT's and LB's instead of EDGE for 3-4 years. Again, you would say that's a huge problem.

Its the same thing with WR's, WR's are just newly considered more important than they used to be. But Beane was raised in Carolina, where garbage at WR was the playbook du jour. He had an uncharacteristic stretch where he actually thought they were important, but forgot again.

The hit rate on individual draft picks is fine, but that's not what matters. If you are a GM in the NFL in 2024, and your most important players are not QB, EDGE, WR, LT, CB and your least important positions aren't RB, S, OG, you are a complete and total dinosaur, I don't care if you find a good RB in the second round more often than others.

And your issue with the Eagles are misplaced. The Eagles are super talented with a terrible coach. I would trade rosters with them sans QB in about 2 seconds. They are wasting a really talented team with Sirianni who is Brandon Staley East.

It's actually WR's are on the decline from the priority they used to be.

In the 90's and early 2000's, WR's were one of the most integral part of a roster, with QB's taking advantage of D schemes and hurling long bombs. Things started to flip mid 2000's when teams started to covet CB/DB's more and cover the entire down field with high safety looks and passing became more over the middle and TE's being coveted to take advantage of the coverage.

The "day of the WR" will surely come back, as everything travels full circle in the NFL, but i would say right now, WR's are important, but not nearly as important as they used to be......(and as i am writing this phrase, i think of our roster with terrible WR's and cringe).