Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing?

Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing as GM?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is such a funny take.  Dewayne Carter is playing better than worthy and Coleman who is what we spent the upgraded pick from the trade down on and Coleman really isn’t far behind what worthy has done by any means 

Early returns look like the chiefs got fleeced so far even if worthy ends up being good lol. They may have still gotten worthy without the trade up and they gifted us a guy that seems like the real deal and Coleman looks like he could be good as well 

We need to take the top off. Right now opposing defenses have no concern with the long ball. The route Coleman ran that hit him in the head was a “funny take”.

Beane is a top 5 GM in the league. The Bills from 2017-2023 have been one of the most successful teams in the league. They have 6 playoff appearances in 7 seasons with 4 straight division titles and 5 playoff victories. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater and have a hyperbolic reaction to recent losses. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane is good but not great as he’s made out to be. 

While receiver is a glaring issue and has been outside of the Diggs trade that is not his only failure. Have we seen our defensive ends the last few years? I don’t blame him for the Von signing because he got injured but to have Epenesa as the starter is ridiculous. Groot is not a franchise player and seems to disappear more times than not.  Not to mention the Bass signing who has one of the weaker legs among kickers on contending teams. 

Drafting Kincaid after giving Knox a multi year contract was dumb. 

McD has his issues but this years failure are more of an indictment against Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane's defining blunder will be to hanging on to McDermott too long.  McDermott has done an admirable job for this team, but having him do it year after year and expecting more is folly IMO.  McDermott is coaching at his ceiling.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, things look weird and gross on a number of fronts on all sides of the ball, but getting the Beane Bat Signal up is a little silly. 3-2. AFC East is what we need to focus on and get healthy. LONG season (would be longer if McD figured out getting to OT<--I take jabs) 

But he has my 90% approval. He needs to find another actual superstar (don't they all). Just one on offense. 

Edited by HansLanda

9 hours ago, skibum said:

I believe he did a great job of pulling all the pieces together for a championship in the previous few years. That it didn't work out is not his fault at all. I also believe he did the best he could with the current situation, which was the result of going all in. And I don't think he should fire McDermott, but HC and OC need to come to Jesus and figure out how to manage the clock in crunch time. 

Bottom line, Beane has built a perennial contender and resilient team around a franchise QB, and has done so without a lot of overpriced superstars. The results on the field are not his fault, and I don't think firing McD fixes it, ether. 

So what is the answer???

Teach your great coach how to make simple clock management decisions?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 8BallSippin said:

Beane's defining blunder will be to hanging on to McDermott too long.  McDermott has done an admirable job for this team, but having him do it year after year and expecting more is folly IMO.  McDermott is coaching at his ceiling.

Beane does not have authority to fire McDermott. How can people be fans of this team and STILL not understand the ***** basics?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was going to say “no” based on him am being in charge of hiring head coaches, but I’m not so sure now. Don’t they have a “flat” hierarchy in terms of leadership, where both HC and GM report to Terry? We know he had this with Rex Ryan and Whaley. I doubt Beane could wake up one morning and go into work and fire McD, so I guess Terry is ultimately in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I was going to say “no” based on him am being in charge of hiring head coaches, but I’m not so sure now. Don’t they have a “flat” hierarchy in terms of leadership, where both HC and GM report to Terry? We know he had this with Rex Ryan and Whaley. I doubt Beane could wake up one morning and go into work and fire McD, so I guess Terry is ultimately in charge. 

Beane has zero authority to fire McDermott. 

7 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

He has done a good job on the offensive line. I do think the line falters in big moments but for the most part they keep Josh upright for 17+ games

Josh running around, extending plays is what keeps Josh upright. What very good O lineman has he drafted? Torrence and Teller are his best imo “. Why haven’t they used a first on an O lineman? 

Not really, no. Beane hasn’t been horrific or anything, but he’s failed the offense over the past several years. I do wonder how much McD has his hands on things though and how much chirping he’s doing in Beane’s ear. 

• Agree 1

Beane and McD

You can’t talk about one without the other. They are a team. We can argue and opine who has more say but they seem to  make these decisions together as a duo with an agreed upon plan/MO in mind.

It isn’t working. They have had a seven year shot at it and have not gotten it done and are now rebuilding on the fly.

I don’t want them to get a second chance at it. 

IF Beane stayed on and we brought in Belichick , I’d be down for that. It would constitute a change in plan and values that might free Beane up to take “ character risk” high ceiling guys.
    This “ Process “ crap is sickening. I don’t want to go to battle with nice guys and I don’t need a team full of choir boys any longer .

Say what you want about Diggs ( he was a weenie!!!), he very well maybe saw the lack of opportunity to win it all here and bailed while he still had a shot at a ring. I have zero faith in McD getting it done. As long as he’s here, Beane has no chance either. I’d rather see them both go than the status quo.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Beane is a top 5 GM in the league. The Bills from 2017-2023 have been one of the most successful teams in the league. They have 6 playoff appearances in 7 seasons with 4 straight division titles and 5 playoff victories. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater and have a hyperbolic reaction to recent losses. 

Yawn -

should have taken Mahomes 

should have taken Jefferson instead of trading for Diggs 

should never have signed grandpa Von Miller to a ridiculous stupid contract

should have cut grandpa Von Miller when he got injured 

Should never have given Knox his stupid contract 

should have gotten a FS better than Damar f-n Hamlin who is horrible 

So many mediocre players 

5 hours ago, CookieG said:

He gets half credit for Gabe Davis.  A good pick, but I guy who is, and will be limited in what he can do. 

So even giving him credit for Shakir, you have 1 1/2 "hits" in 7 years.  

LOL,  1/2 a good pick for a 4th rd pick who gave us 2730 receiving yards in 4 seasons with 27 TDs.   You do realize he is 8th in his receiver class in yards and 3rd in TDs.  Not bad for the 17th receiver taken in his draft class.   

McCloud was also a very good pick.  He was the 22nd WR chosen overall.  He is 8th in game played in his WR draft class and 16th in yards.  The truth is we could use him here right now, but he is currently playing well for Atlanta.  Right now I'd take him over Hollins and MVS.  

So that's 3 hits at WR out of 7 late round WR draft picks.  That's an excellent draft record for late round picks.  Hodgins isn't a bad pick either.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-04-21/nfl-draft-picks-career-games-played-average-position

The average career of a 4th rd WR is 34.3 games  - Davis is at 69 and counting.

The average career of a 5th rd WR is 40.89 games - Shakir is in his 3rd season and is already at 35 games and counting.

The average career of a 6th rd WR is 24.04 games - McCloud is at 82 and counting; Hodgins is at 29 games and counting.

I honestly think Shakir is on his way to being a star in the NFL, but Davis, McCloud and even Hodgins are good to excellent picks given their draft status.  

I get that you and nearly everyone else (including me) thinks he should have investment more draft capital, especially early in the draft, on WR and other weapons for Josh.  I agree, but it's not accurate to say he has drafted poorly on WRs.  That simply isn't true.  

The poll results are heavily skewed. There are scads of infrequent posters coming out of the woodwork to vote--the angry are  motivated.

Sheesh. We're 3-2 in a season where most of us expected to go 10-7 or 9-8. There are some over-reactive fans onboard.