Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing?

Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing as GM?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane is doing?

• Yes
    • No

To go into the season with these WR's is criminal when you have a QB like Allen. No matter how the rest of the year plays out, Beane needs to have a great offseason with FA and the draft in finding some elite level talent for Allen to work with next year.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 4

Eh.. I don’t know that it’s straightforward..

Long term, this team is set up really well.  

Beane has drafted a lot of good players. 

But we can’t seem to find the difference makers that our counterparts have. 

Even this offseason, the Ravens look brilliant for pairing Lamar with Henry.  We spent the same money APY on Curtis Samuel. 

I think we’re set up well to be a year in/year our contender in the future after being that the past few years also.  

I think he’s had a disaster class offseason with the Diggs trade and lack of corresponding moves for a WR room that was lacking even with Diggs. 

Do I approve of the job Beane is doing?  

I probably do, but right now he’s at risk of blowing a prime year of Allen’s career and getting him beat up in the process.  The hits Allen has taken in the past two games due to constant 2nd/3rd and longs and nobody respecting us down the field are of a different caliber than he’s faced consistently in the past .. and it can’t continue. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yes, I am still happy with Beane.  I think the WR's that we have on this team should be, and still could be, good enough to win games.  When you pay your QB the kind of money Josh makes, and take a large cap hit to get rid of a locker room cancer, there is only so much you can do.  True WR1's are very expensive right now, and it would be impossible to add one, without cutting corners elsewhere. (and then everyone would B word about that)

That said, if there is a chance to add someone like Adams or Amari Cooper, part way through the season, and not mortgage the future, I hope he takes it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Even this offseason, the Ravens look brilliant for pairing Lamar with Henry.  We spent the same money APY on Curtis Samuel. 

This is wild to think about...

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

It's been 7+ years and we're now expecting Brandon Beane is suddenly going to put elite talent around Josh Allen?

He did bring Diggs here who was elite at the time. The salary cap has a lot to do with the moves or lack of moves they have made for this year. After the season the Bills will have more money to spend. I do think Beane will bring in an elite level WR for 2025. Either by trade, FA signing or draft.

I believe he did a great job of pulling all the pieces together for a championship in the previous few years. That it didn't work out is not his fault at all. I also believe he did the best he could with the current situation, which was the result of going all in. And I don't think he should fire McDermott, but HC and OC need to come to Jesus and figure out how to manage the clock in crunch time. 

Bottom line, Beane has built a perennial contender and resilient team around a franchise QB, and has done so without a lot of overpriced superstars. The results on the field are not his fault, and I don't think firing McD fixes it, ether. 

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

Every player we give massive extensions too seems to disappear at crucial times...

Knox

Bass

Spencer

to a lesser extent Ed Oliver

I'm probably missing more.

Chiefs hit on Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and Chris Jones. 

Nobody else in our conference has had guys as impactful as them. 

Those guys, in the big moments for that team, always show up.  

It’s why they keep winning when it matters. 

This isn’t a Bills-centric issue.  

We drafted high once and took Ed Oliver, then extended him .. good player but not Chris Jones.  Nor is Quinnen Williams or Dexter Lawrence.  It is what it is. 

We signed Diggs. Elite WR during his time here.  Got clamped every year against the Chiefs. 

No elite QB in the league has played with less all-pro's than Josh Allen. People talk about Beane hitting on picks in the 4th - 7th rounds but that's mainly due to expectations. Getting solid players from that range is a shock so I think their impact is overstated. If you don't hit on at least some of your early round picks you're not going to be a real contender in this league.

9 minutes ago, Lost said:

Every player we give massive extensions too seems to disappear at crucial times...

Knox

Bass

Spencer

to a lesser extent Ed Oliver

I'm probably missing more.

i was really hoping brown would ball out and keep improving, but he is trash vs any quality pass rush, and so is the guy next to him.

i don't know if it's butt kissing, or hard working, or being a coach's pet, or whatever, but the bills LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to pay up up up for unwise contracts.

the diggs extension was insane, for a 30 yo wr who isn't big or fast, knox extension was laughable, brown extension i think is fine, but maybe not, von contract and then extensions were malpractice, what we are getting out of oliver, samuel, and some other guys isn't great either. DQ jones is getting way too much for an old DT as well.

we dump way too many resources into guys who are a little better than replacement because of some scheme/character fetish, but then don't have the resources to actually go and get a difference maker when they are out there.

also, extending knox and then drafting kinkaid, when we barely like to use TEs, what is going on here?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On the whole, I think Beane is fine.

McD obviously has a say on drafting, which is why we keep getting suckered into ignoring WRs and instead go for a plodding, time eating offense, drafting TEs and RBs. 

Here's the kicker: We are seemingly cosmically unlucky.

Von Miller got a matching offer from LA, starts balling out and gets hurt, derailing almost everything.  Curtis Samuel: No one in the NFL could have predicted he'd be that terrible. Diggs gets all pissy and demands out. None of that is really on Beane, and I know it's easy to blame him in hindsight. 

I'm happy with Beane. We loaded up to contend for a SB, and now it's time for the inevitable reset year. This is a "down" year, and we'll probably still win the division anyway. We'll be in better shape next year, and this team is set up for long-term success. We just need a better HC.

I was hesitant to answer no but the NFL is not for long and what have you done for me lately. And lately Beane has been less than stellar. 

they(He and McD) love to draft the high character guy that is safe. They take the high floor low ceiling guy that doesn’t have question marks and I think that’s a lot of the reason you don’t get the boom or bust value. You get okay or bust value. 

they had a “questionable” character guy in here in Diggs, that somehow the team made this entire fanbase hate even though he was one of if not the best WR to ever lace them up for the Bills.

I can’t imagine this team with a Ceedee Lamb or a Jamar Chase type personality. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'm happy with Beane. We loaded up to contend for a SB, and now it's time for the inevitable reset year. This is a "down" year, and we'll probably still win the division anyway. We'll be in better shape next year, and this team is set up for long-term success. We just need a better HC.

You don’t reset when you have Josh Allen.

what other team with an elite level QB decided to just not be good? 

I think people are confusing Reset with bad asset and player personnel  management. 

• Agree 1