Joe Brady...what have you done?

Nihilarian

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Do people still think this team is capable of making a playoff run with the current WR room?

I don't and I hope there's some kind of move made to improve it, or I expect more games like the last two weeks.

I honestly think they might now…the ravens game felt like we had so many holes it wasn’t even worth blowing the picks on a trade for a wr but I think the defense might lock it down once taron comes back with how Carter and Solomon are tracking 

edit: might trade for a wr I mean 😄. Not make a playoff run without adding a wr 

2 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

Brady and McD neutered Josh

I just don’t really get this take…throughout his career when he’s had to pick up the oline and average wr play he’s had a handful of terrible games. He’s got some awful games on the resume and im not even sure this is close to his worst unless you’re specifically looking at completion percentage.  This isn’t Brady specific 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I honestly think they might now…the ravens game felt like we had so many holes it wasn’t even worth blowing the picks on a trade for a wr but I think the defense might lock it down once taron comes back with how Carter and Solomon are tracking 

edit: might trade for a wr I mean 😄. Not make a playoff run without adding a wr 

I hope you're right.  After what we've watched the last two weeks, I don't know how they could possibly think standing pat with what they have is going to fly.

But Dorsey sucked and Brady was amazing. This is what we had last year too but people did not want to see it. The O looked good occasionally when things were working, maybe just due to what the D was doing. The majority of the Brady uptick was Allen running and taking games over plus a lot of help from the defense helping the O out. 

Posted (edited)

I hate to say it but this year's passing offense looks kinda lost without Diggs. I didn't think that the team needed that superstar expensive WR...

Although looking at those first few passes by JA, no receiver in the world is going to catch passes 5 yards over their heads.

Anyway, kinda surprising that TE Dalton Kincade isn't targeted more. 

JA 9 of 30 for 131 yards QBR 55.3. Yikes, 2018 all over again.

Edited by Nihilarian

1 hour ago, schoolhouserock said:

The run game was working best yesterday. No qualms with always running it on first when Josh is having an off day.

One thing that has been bothering me: Nothing good seems to happen when we target Samuel. Time to give it a rest for, well, maybe the remaining games or so.

Yep, the run game looked good.  

Cook averaged 4 yards per carry.  Ty averaged 5.  Josh 13.  To help open up a struggling passing game, we needed to show the threat of the run.  So why the empty sets?  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Allen should just aim for the head. Hit every receiver right in the fricken head. That will teach them. Catch the ball or WHACK! Right upside the head!

AKA the Coleman (hit him right in the head)

Josh just wasn’t good yesterday. He was lost yesterday without Shakir. He’s the only WR he has confidence in. On that last drive of the game. He missed two open WR’s underneath..instead he opted for 2 deep 50/50 balls to Coleman and Hollins. Then on the 3rd play he missed Curtis Samuel which would have been a first down. 

Just get used to it, you have defensive HC and an OC looking to ride JAs coat tails to a HC job.  He’s going to lower JAs interceptions and wind up in the playoffs bc of JA and then bounce. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

to our gunslinger?

Zero interceptions so far this season!  Yes, Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions over his career...he also has an SB win and 3x MVPs. Favre wouldn't be Favre playing like Trent Edwards or Tyrod Taylor! 

Josh Allen 9 completions, and 30 attempts for 131 passing yards. 29 targets against the Texans. Even Dalton Kincade had 6 targets with 2 receptions.

Against the Ravens 16 of 29 for 180 yards passing a QBR of 28.4. 

Give us back our gunslinger! Go back and watch what Brian Dabol's game plans looked like throwing the ball. Do you want to run to set up the pass? Well, then throw the darn ball more often. Playaction works. 

Will going back to that include peak Diggs, a hungry and unknown Davis, a reliable John Brown to stretch the field, later Emmanuel Sanders, and Cole Beasley?  

16 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

to our gunslinger?

Zero interceptions so far this season!  Yes, Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions over his career...he also has an SB win and 3x MVPs. Favre wouldn't be Favre playing like Trent Edwards or Tyrod Taylor! 

Josh Allen 9 completions, and 30 attempts for 131 passing yards. 29 targets against the Texans. Even Dalton Kincade had 6 targets with 2 receptions.

Against the Ravens 16 of 29 for 180 yards passing a QBR of 28.4. 

Give us back our gunslinger! Go back and watch what Brian Dabol's game plans looked like throwing the ball. Do you want to run to set up the pass? Well, then throw the darn ball more often. Playaction works. 

Are we going to start talking about Cam Newton? I sure hope not.

17 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I hate to say it but this year's passing offense looks kinda lost without Diggs. I didn't think that the team needed that superstar expensive WR...

Although looking at those first few passes by JA, no receiver in the world is going to catch passes 5 yards over their heads.

Anyway, kinda surprising that TE Dalton Kincade isn't targeted more. 

JA 9 of 30 for 131 yards QBR 55.3. Yikes, 2018 all over again.

The offense looked lost with Diggs as soon as Brady took over.  The offense has looked lost more than its looked found under Brady.

Brady is a HUGE issue.  It was obvious last year, and just as I suspected, its the same crap this year.  When he was with Carolina, they said the same things about Brady.

• Like (+1) 1