Joe Brady...what have you done?

Nihilarian

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

to our gunslinger?

Zero interceptions so far this season!  Yes, Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions over his career...he also has an SB win and 3x MVPs. Favre wouldn't be Favre playing like Trent Edwards or Tyrod Taylor! 

Josh Allen 9 completions, and 30 attempts for 131 passing yards. 29 targets against the Texans. Even Dalton Kincade had 6 targets with 2 receptions.

Against the Ravens 16 of 29 for 180 yards passing a QBR of 28.4. 

Give us back our gunslinger! Go back and watch what Brian Dabol's game plans looked like throwing the ball. Do you want to run to set up the pass? Well, then throw the darn ball more often. Playaction works. 

Brady and McD neutered Josh

• Haha (+1) 1

Two issues.  First, is that without a healthy Shakir, our receivers absolutely suck.  They're a bottom barrel garbage feeding group without Shakir.  Second, Josh isn't a great anticipatory thrower.  He's great at delivering accurate bullets when guys get separation.  Stick the two together and you get a 9-30, 131 yard nauseating mess of a performance.

• Like (+1) 1

When your dropback passing game struggles and you lack talent and speed in the receiving corps… you should not use the empty set.

It’s like telling the D, “Hey, you know the thing we’re not very good at? We’re gonna do that again right now!”

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

to our gunslinger?

Zero interceptions so far this season!  Yes, Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions over his career...he also has an SB win and 3x MVPs. Favre wouldn't be Favre playing like Trent Edwards or Tyrod Taylor! 

Josh Allen 9 completions, and 30 attempts for 131 passing yards. 29 targets against the Texans. Even Dalton Kincade had 6 targets with 2 receptions.

Against the Ravens 16 of 29 for 180 yards passing a QBR of 28.4. 

Give us back our gunslinger! Go back and watch what Brian Dabol's game plans looked like throwing the ball. Do you want to run to set up the pass? Well, then throw the darn ball more often. Playaction works. 

The Bills are the only team in the last 45 years to be tied or leading in the final minute of the game, having the ball inside their own 5-yard line and throwing three straight passes. 

• Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Brady needs to call Cahn Gailey about how to properly set up a screen play. Our screen play attempts have been abysmal. 

It's head scratching because we suck on both sides against screens. Iron sharpens iron but for us it's gotta be like rubbing 2 turds together on screen practice.  

55 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Edited by rajinka
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Sweats said:

Brady was a god at LSU the year they won the CFP.......he had Burrow and 3 WR's go in that draft. That team had talent to spare, they had the talent to innovate some crucial play designs and WR's who could actually track the balls, make a play and wicked YAC.

What happened to LSU when all that talent left for the draft and Brady went to Carolina?........well, LSU was left in shambles with zero talent left and piss poor recruiting and Brady didn't last long in Carolina when he didn't have the talent to protect him or his job.

So, when the Bills heard inadequate, they said, "this is our man".

Why we keep floundering with our OC's and not bring in a competent person is beyond me. 

And if it's McD who has the final say on who our OC's are, then how can you ever take him seriously when we have all seen his terrible decision-making skills.

The whole team has been exposed this season from the FO on down.

That is it in a nut shell.  I feel if McDermott brought in a damn good OC and Allen went and won an MVP etc. McDermott knows the fans will be calling for his head. He would lose all control which is what he covets. I mean what the hell are you going to be able to say to an OC that got Allen to true MVP status and maybe a superbowl win? Nothing.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Not sure who to replace him with. None of the up and coming OC’s are coming here unless it is to replace McD, and he isn’t getting fired. 

Any OC ideas?

We should fire McDermott and bring in Belichick and McDaniels...............better track record there.........

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Well, let's not forget that Joe Brady is nearly a rookie and learning as he goes. Recall Dabolls first season with Josh 10 TDs, 12 INTs. And he started Nathan Peterman over Allen.

I'll be honest. I dislike the empty sets and shotgun sets when Cook is playing so well. What happened to those short quick passes from the Cards game to get Josh some confidence along with settling him down?

I've loved what Joe Brady has done in some games and these last two... not so much. 

I'm a big believer in the human capacity to learn and grow.  I previously mentioned it in another thread when defending Brady's Carolina's past.  

But he's been around football since he was a child.  He's been a college game passing game coordinator and NFL OC before.  That's a lot of learning and growing.  And he still has failures like these past two games?  Maybe he just doesn't have what it takes.

I'm like Anakin.  I was on the side of the Jedi but I've gone over to the Dark Side now.  I started  the season cautiously optimistic about Brady's offense.  I'm now solidly pessimistic and regret arguing against the board's pessimists. 

Brady might put together another good game or two but, sadly, I currently don't expect our offense to be very successful this year.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The run game was working best yesterday. No qualms with always running it on first when Josh is having an off day.

One thing that has been bothering me: Nothing good seems to happen when we target Samuel. Time to give it a rest for, well, maybe the remaining games or so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

TELL ME... how are Hollins, Samuel and Valdez-Scantling ANY DIFFERENT than Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones and Robert Foster!??!!

Stop blaming Joe Brady for what is obviously a roster issue. This group of WRs without Shakir is putrid, and we are totally exposed now. WE DRAFTED COLEMAN BECAUSE he could make the tough catches, and watching the rookie play despite his inexperience is extremely painful. Teams won't fear our passing game and no scheme will help with that, to be honest.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Allen should just aim for the head. Hit every receiver right in the fricken head. That will teach them. Catch the ball or WHACK! Right upside the head!

He bounced one off Coleman's head and that did not appear to solve anything.

• Haha (+1) 2

Do people still think this team is capable of making a playoff run with the current WR room?

I don't and I hope there's some kind of move made to improve it, or I expect more games like the last two weeks.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Do people still think this team is capable of making a playoff run with the current WR room?

I don't and I hope there's some kind of move made to improve it, or I expect more games like the last two weeks.

For sure. If Josh can't get the ball to a reliable WR target, we're sunk. Keon going 1 for 4 was pathetic and disheartening even though he is a rookie playing in his 5th regular season game.

• Agree 1

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

For sure. If Josh can't get the ball to a reliable WR target, we're sunk. Keon going 1 for 4 was pathetic and disheartening even though he is a rookie playing in his 5th regular season game.

Mack Hollins is not a starting caliber WR on any playoff team in this league.  We're kidding ourselves and aren't serious if we think he is.  

I don't know what's going on with Samuel. Shakir is clearly our best. Coleman is doing OK for a rook and will have growing pains. MVS is about worthless and it's clear why KC let him go.

This is a bottom tier WR room by any objective standard.

• Thank you (+1) 1

pass-chart_ALL529264_2024-REG-5_17283085

Pretty sure this is the worst passing chart I have ever looked at.

7 hours ago, rajinka said:

Honestly alot of it feels like scheme.  First few weeks we seemed to scheme guys open. Played to much run on first down but made it work.  Yesterday the min number 70 checked in everyone in the lower 48 knew what play was coming.  Motion has stopped, no easy short shots over the middle.  Everyone knows josh bails right so spy is already creeping that way

Yeah what the hell happened to all the motion we were running the first 3 weeks?

• Like (+1) 2