Joe Brady...what have you done?

Nihilarian

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Overall, his passing yards, complete. %, and passing TDs are pretty closely mirroring his 2019 starts, they're on pace for being only marginally better.

Well that’s what a day like yesterday will do to your average. It’s really hard to believe just how epically bad yesterday’s performance truly was. The worst in THIRTY YEARS by any quarterback….and it was indoors for heaven’s sake! 

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if he is hiding an injury since the trick play against Baltimore. He's not stepping into his throws. And I never saw him run so slow as yesterday. 

The more I think about it the more I angry I get about that play. You split Allen out wide, ensuring the whole defense notices him and he has no line to protect him. Then, instead of running a play to the other side, you pitch him the ball and ask him to pass? 

Your franchise QB passing without an offensive line. No wonder he got crushed. It's criminally stupid.

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

ESPN reports that Josh’s completion percentage was the lowest for any QB with 30 attempts in the last THIRTY YEARS. I mean…..yikes! 

Yup, didnt help there was like 10 dropped balls from WR.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well that’s what a day like yesterday will do to your average. It’s really hard to believe just how epically bad yesterday’s performance truly was. The worst in THIRTY YEARS by any quarterback….and it was indoors for heaven’s sake! 

Everything goes according to the law-of-averages to a certain extent. 

As a team over the first four games or starting field position was at the 40, tops in the league and 8 yards better than what the season leader typically is.  So it's an odd on bet that it would come down drastically. 

Conversely, that's also what for games against crappy defenses will do to an average(s).

36 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

I wonder if he is hiding an injury since the trick play against Baltimore. He's not stepping into his throws. And I never saw him run so slow as yesterday. 

The more I think about it the more I angry I get about that play. You split Allen out wide, ensuring the whole defense notices him and he has no line to protect him. Then, instead of running a play to the other side, you pitch him the ball and ask him to pass? 

Your franchise QB passing without an offensive line. No wonder he got crushed. It's criminally stupid.

And he should rightfully be pissed off at the coaches for putting him in that position - A lot of woe can be traced back to that one play!

Josh in 14 games under Brady:

- 61% completion percentage 

- 217 passing yards per game

- 7.1 yards per attempt

- 22 TDs

- 7 interceptions 

- 93.4 passer rating

- 2 games with over 300 passing yards but 6 with less than 200

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If they cant win on the outside then this will be an epic failure of a season.   And currently they aren't winning on the outside.  Last game they tried to play like they can which is beyond bizarre.  It's like they don't know who they are as a team. 

6 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

to our gunslinger?

Zero interceptions so far this season!  Yes, Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions over his career...he also has an SB win and 3x MVPs. Favre wouldn't be Favre playing like Trent Edwards or Tyrod Taylor! 

Josh Allen 9 completions, and 30 attempts for 131 passing yards. 29 targets against the Texans. Even Dalton Kincade had 6 targets with 2 receptions.

Against the Ravens 16 of 29 for 180 yards passing a QBR of 28.4. 

Give us back our gunslinger! Go back and watch what Brian Dabol's game plans looked like throwing the ball. Do you want to run to set up the pass? Well, then throw the darn ball more often. Playaction works. 

Well if it makes you feel better Josh could very easily have three or four picks this year.  A couple of LBs and DBs have had INTs in their hands and have dropped them.  Josh IS trying to do more and more, probably too much, to overcome the deficiencies of the roster.

3 hours ago, rajinka said:

Honestly alot of it feels like scheme.  First few weeks we seemed to scheme guys open. Played to much run on first down but made it work.  Yesterday the min number 70 checked in everyone in the lower 48 knew what play was coming.  Motion has stopped, no easy short shots over the middle.  Everyone knows josh bails right so spy is already creeping that way

THIS!!!!!

First series, 1st and 10, Shotgun formation, Cook in BF, no motion, hand off to Cook 7-yard gain.

2nd down and 3, Shotgun formation, Cook in BF, Curtis Samuel in motion, OVER THROW to Mack Hollins.

3rd down and 3. The shotgun formation, Cook in the backfield, no motion, OVER THROW to Kincade. Now 4th and 3. JA could have run for the 1st. PUNT.

Two Overthrows by JA.

(2) In the next series, Buffalo's defense stopped the Texans and forced them to punt to the Texan's 49-yard line. Good field position. 

Playaction formation Cook in BF, hand off to Cook for 14 yards (FLAG) # 79 Spencer Brown called for holding.

1st and 20 on the Buffalo 41, Shotgun formation ...Mack Hollins wide open by 5 yards for a deep throw and overthrown by Allen at the Texans 20-yard line. Missed TD. 

2nd down and 20, play action, Cook in the backfield. Pass to Cook over the middle for a 1st down, 24-yard pickup.

1st and 10 at the Texans 35-yard line, play action formation. hand off to Cook for a 12-yard gain. Cook is owning. 

1st and 10 at the Texan's 18-yard line. Play action formation, handoff to Cook for a 4-yard gain. 2nd and 6. Shotgun, Cook in BF. handoff to Cook for 3 yards.

3rd down and 3, shotgun formation, Cook in BF. hand off to Cook for a 1st down. 6-yard gain.

1st and 10 at the Texans 10-yard line. Shotgun formation, quick handoff to Cook for no gain.

2nd and goal, Shotgun formation, empty set...JA sacked back at the 15-yard line. 

3rd down and goal at the 15-yard line, (FLAG) Keon Colman. Now 3rd and goal from the 20-yard line. EMPTY SET shotgun. OVERTHROWN to Coleman.

38-yard FG. 

"Sugar High Josh" with the overthrows in the first two series. 

7 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

to our gunslinger?

Zero interceptions so far this season!  Yes, Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions over his career...he also has an SB win and 3x MVPs. Favre wouldn't be Favre playing like Trent Edwards or Tyrod Taylor! 

Josh Allen 9 completions, and 30 attempts for 131 passing yards. 29 targets against the Texans. Even Dalton Kincade had 6 targets with 2 receptions.

Against the Ravens 16 of 29 for 180 yards passing a QBR of 28.4. 

Give us back our gunslinger! Go back and watch what Brian Dabol's game plans looked like throwing the ball. Do you want to run to set up the pass? Well, then throw the darn ball more often. Playaction works. 

In Brady's defense, Favre should have at least three Super Bowls.  Maybe Josh should pick up a Vicodin habit too.

Or start showing off his buddy pete to reporters.

The bills game plan next game should be to force feed Coleman on the outside every time he is single covered. He's single covered and it's a run check out of that play and throw to Coleman. I use Coleman here because he is the only outside receiver on the team with any sort of talent 

Two ways out of how defenses will continue to play buffalo, show the defense there is a receiver capable of beating them on the team or go out and trade for one 

I was never fully on the Brady train, but I'm decidedly off now.

The past two weeks have been embarrassing.

I get our wideouts aren't good.  But Josh Allen is the QB.   Our passing offense should never look this bad.

I think McD is a good defensive coach.  I mostly think he's a good head coach.  But I'm irritated that he's whiffed on 3 of 4 OC choices.  

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

- 7.1 yards per attempt

- 22 TDs

- 7 interceptions 

- 93.4 passer rating

ya, the data on brady shows he is a trash nfl OC.  it is crazy how our front office just won't go get a vet top flight coordinator.  they insist on retreads and failed early career guys.

reid in kc has a super vet ultra DC.  if mcd wants his d run his way and gets yes men (which he does) then ok i can understand that, but why with the no track record guys?

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I was never fully on the Brady train, but I'm decidedly off now.

The past two weeks have been embarrassing.

I get our wideouts aren't good.  But Josh Allen is the QB.   Our passing offense should never look this bad.

I think McD is a good defensive coach.  I mostly think he's a good head coach.  But I'm irritated that he's whiffed on 3 of 4 OC choices.  

Well, let's not forget that Joe Brady is nearly a rookie and learning as he goes. Recall Dabolls first season with Josh 10 TDs, 12 INTs. And he started Nathan Peterman over Allen.

I'll be honest. I dislike the empty sets and shotgun sets when Cook is playing so well. What happened to those short quick passes from the Cards game to get Josh some confidence along with settling him down?

I've loved what Joe Brady has done in some games and these last two... not so much. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

- 7.1 yards per attempt

- 22 TDs

- 7 interceptions 

- 93.4 passer rating

Need a Ken Dorsey apology thread. 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Well, let's not forget that Joe Brady is nearly a rookie and learning as he goes. Recall Dabolls first season with Josh 10 TDs, 12 INTs. And he started Nathan Peterman over Allen.

I'll be honest. I dislike the empty sets and shotgun sets when Cook is playing so well. What happened to those short quick passes from the Cards game to get Josh some confidence along with settling him down?

I've loved what Joe Brady has done in some games and these last two... not so much. 

He’s been an OC at Carolina. That excuse doesn’t fly. I do think he is hampered by lack of talent at the receiver position. 

Agree there has been no shots down the field it seems & it is playing right into the other teams plans of shutting down the offense . Where are the speed guys in the play calling ? Gimmick plays aren't going to get it ! Use the speed to make the opponents D respect the long ball every once and again any way ...