[Misleading Title]

Apologies if this has been posted already:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-final-play-10-men

How could the Bills not have a defensive scheme ready to go right after that change of possession on the punt?  The Bills seemed to have a bizarre configuration on defense for the Texans first down and were playing way off the ball like it was going to be a hail mary attempt and that was with only 10 men on the field to start!

In addition the Texan player goes down on that last play and the Bills player touches him right away? I know a player can give himself up and they could call time out but why make it easy for the refs when you dont have to by not touching him?? The Bills could have easily let off and let the clock expire?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Apologies if this has been posted already:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-final-play-10-men

How could the Bills not have a defensive scheme ready to go right after that change of possession on the punt?  The Bills seemed to have a bizarre configuration on defense for the Texans first down and were playing way off the ball like it was going to be a hail mary attempt and that was with only 10 men on the field to start!

In addition the Texan player goes down on that last play and the Bills player touches him right away? I know a player can give himself up and they could call time out but why make it easy for the refs when you dont have to by not touching him?? The Bills could have easily let off and let the clock expire?

i think the bigger issue with the play was how deep the safeties were. I think Williams came on late, but was in good position.

but Why are the safeties 25 yards down field? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m trying my hardest not to beat a dead horse here but you could fill an entire newspaper with stories like these over the last 5 years.  Miscommunication during absolutely critical moments.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s the new tweaked 13 seconds defense. It will work next time.

Which should have been 8 seconds defense if the coaching staff got the right directions in and Bass squibbed it like he was supposed to.

It's crazy in how many crunch time moments that a McDermott coached team has blunders.

13 seconds

Denver, too many men on the field.

Today, only 10 guys on the field.

The list goes on

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

LMAO

Sensational writing at its best. I had to rewatch this after reading that article. 

Totally inaccurate. Do they not think we can rewatch????

This is Williams already in the middle of the field.  Bishop booking it back whilst the one judge has just placed the ball at the LOS and is still visible next to Houston’s OLine:

IMG-0145.jpg

This is everyone set and ready for 2 to 3 seconds before the ball is snapped…

IMG-0144.jpg

Safeties were deep yes but a beat of press prevents a TD, the rest take short passes taken away. Perfect coverage. Pass goes to the leak out due to no pass rush/pressure. 

>>>>>> FULL FINAL PLAY <<<<<<<

IMG-0148.png

IMG-0149.png

How people are complaining about the above coverage is wild. Especially with the garbage “10 men/not ready”. That coverage, again, is perfect. 

The only issue anyone should have with the end of the game is not making Houston use all 3 of their time outs. 

Edited by Sojourner
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

look how deep the safeties are playing. Just look.

LOOK, D***IT!!!

Unbelievable. Because he was so concerned the Texans were gonna throw a bomb deep? The safeties aren’t even on the graphic they’re so far back! We’ve learned nothing since 13 seconds. Teams want cheap, quick yards, not time consuming plays. Bring your safeties up!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He's a good coach up to the end of games. At the end of games he's a terrible coach. Probably one of the worst all time when you think about how many big games he has just thrown away with absolutely mush brained decisions. They hired the ex ref to help with challenge flags. Why not hire an assistant coach to help with strategy in the last two minutes?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sojourner said:

LMAO

Sensational writing at its best. I had to rewatch this after reading that article. 

This is Williams already in the middle of the field.  Bishop booking it back whilst the one judge has just placed the ball at the LOS and is still visible next to Houston’s OLine:

IMG-0145.jpg

IMG-0144.jpg

Must be AI. Burn it down. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sojourner said:

LMAO

IMG-0145.jpg

IMG-0144.jpg

extremely heads-up defending against the Hail Mary.  So smart

• Haha (+1) 1

LMAO

IMG-0145.jpg

IMG-0144.jpg

Why were Safeties playing to prevent a TD in a FG situation?

• Agree 3

LMAO

IMG-0145.jpg

IMG-0144.jpg

The big question is- Why the hell are the safeties playing the goal line when Houston only needed 5 yards... lol.

McDermott will never learn from 13 seconds 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, QCity said:

The last 3 minutes of that game was like watching 2 teams trying to lose.

Agree, Embarrassing stuff from both teams.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

The big question is- Why the hell are the safeties playing the goal line when Houston only needed 5 yards... lol.

McDermott will never learn from 13 seconds 

Made no sense!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Chugga said:

I’m trying my hardest not to beat a dead horse here but you could fill an entire newspaper with stories like these over the last 5 years.  Miscommunication during absolutely critical moments.

This.

It's not an isolated incident with this coach.