CJ Stroud / Nico Collins

SCBills

What happened to the Texans Offense once Collins went down?

Keep in mind they still had Tank Dell and Stefon Diggs out there. 

They were dominated by our defense and Stroud turned it over twice. 

Allen is good enough that he doesn’t need a Nico Collins, but we have to have something more than Mack Hollins drunk tracking balls down the field and Curtis Samuel, who - by law - is not allowed to cross the LOS on his routes.  

This isn’t Bills-centric .. it just seems that way, given the psychopathic neglect of the WR position by this Front Office.  

If there was ever a game, both our play and what was shown by the opposition with/without their top WR, that would force Beane to make a move.. it was this game. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Defense "dominated" them?

They had 251 yards after the Collins TD but threw a pick and got a turnover on downs

The problem I have with the Bills Offense was the stupidity to not realize when you are at the 2 yard line to run the ball 3 times to eliminate the timeouts. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Defense "dominated" them?

They had 251 yards after the Collins TD but threw a pick and got a turnover on downs

The problem I have with the Bills Offense was the stupidity to not realize when you are at the 2 yard line to run the ball 3 times to eliminate the timeouts. 

They scored 9 points and turned over Stroud twice, with one of those turnovers deep in Texans territory.  Their game winning drive was five yards. 

After Collins left, Stroud looked completely pedestrian. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

They scored 9 points and turned over Stroud twice, with one of those turnovers deep in Texans territory.  Their game winning drive was five yards. 

A lot of penalties aided in that. I don't think the Defense was good at all. If the game got to OT and the Texans got the ball first I would have 0 faith in them stopping the Texans. 

Just now, dma0034 said:

A lot of penalties aided in that. I don't think the Defense was good at all. If the game got to OT and the Texans got the ball first I would have 0 faith in them stopping the Texans. 

I would have.   In fact, if we could’ve scored a TD when the defense gave them the ball at the 12 yard line, we win the game. 

Stroud had nothing after Collins left. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen is good enough that he doesn’t need a Nico Collins, but we have to have something more than Mack Hollins drunk tracking balls down the field and Curtis Samuel, who - by law - is not allowed to cross the LOS on his routes.  

This isn’t Bills-centric .. it just seems that way, given the psychopathic neglect of the WR position by this Front Office.  

If there was ever a game, both our play and what was shown by the opposition with/without their top WR, that would force Beane to make a move.. it was this game. 

It’s almost like having a deep threat helps open up things for everyone else. 

Just now, SCBills said:

I would have.   In fact, if we could’ve scored a TD when the defense gave them the ball at the 12 yard line, we win the game. 

Stroud had nothing after Collins left. 

I mean I agree with the Offense being to blame for the game. No doubt about that. I'm just saying: the Bills Defense wasn't great either. I can forgive Bishop for the Collins TD though. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s almost like having a deep threat helps open up things for everyone else. 

But have you considered a jump ball WR instead?

fwiw, I don’t want to rag on Coleman as I think he’s decent for a rookie WR.  But to draft him with the other skillsets in our WR room is wild. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is officially the worst receiving group in the Allen era. Even John Brown and Beasley would out perform these garage sale receivers. When Keon got hit in the helmet I laughed so hard. MVS, Samuel and Barefoot man are utterly worthless. Beane, next time Sean says he only wants 1 wr drafted, tell him to go F off.

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

After Collins left, Stroud looked completely pedestrian. 

Gee.  I guess the rest of the WR's weren't ready to eat after their #1 went down.

Edited by Doc Brown

I'm starting to think that Allen does in fact need a Collins or whoever. Yeah he's great but he's also what we saw today when coaching, Oline, and WRs fail him. coaching has taken his cape off. No more Superman right now and I think he's turned into that bored game manager Josh that is going to be a little sulky and distant like we saw with Dorsey. When the @&$@ are we (coaches, media, fans) going to let Josh just be who he is and stop chirping into his ear telling him he's someone else?  

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm starting to think that Allen does in fact need a Collins or whoever. Yeah he's great but he's also what we saw today when coaching, Oline, and WRs fail him. coaching has taken his cape off. No more Superman right now and I think he's turned into that bored game manager Josh that is going to be a little sulky and distant like we saw with Dorsey. When the @&$@ are we (coaches, media, fans) going to let Josh just be who he is and stop chirping into his ear telling him he's someone else?  

He needs to last all season to make a run in the playoffs.  A big part of being an elite QB is availability. 

We let him go off against Arizona and he’s played with a broken hand ever since. 

Edited by SCBills

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

the bolded part above is comic gold! I am laughing (and crying).

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He needs to last all season to make a run in the playoffs.  A big part of being an elite QB is availability. 

We let him go off against Arizona and he’s played with a broken hand ever since. 

I get it. But Josh isn't Josh without being Josh ya know what I mean?