Terrell Bernard is so key to this defense

Success

Maybe this will get some weird reactions - but he's as good as Milano.  He was all over the field today, and looked like a leader out there.  He was key to that stop on 4th & inches, and it looked like he baited Stroud into the pick he got.  And that's all after coming back from a tough injury.

I remember we all thought that was a luxury kind of pick, and a reach. He has really panned out.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Success said:

Maybe this will get some weird reactions - but he's as good as Milano.  He was all over the field today, and looked like a leader out there.  He was key to that stop on 4th & inches, and it looked like he baited Stroud into the pick he got.  And that's all after coming back from a tough injury.

I remember we all thought that was a luxury kind of pick, and a reach. He has really panned out.

I will admit I was definitely wrong on thinking this kid would be useless. However, his injuries because of his smaller frame playing a very physical position is concerning. I’m 50/50 so far on him. He’s played really well, When he’s actually on the field. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Can’t wait until Milano comes back.  Best LB duo in the league

In the meantime I'm hoping to see Dorian Williams continuing to improve.

• Like (+1) 3

You can tell Bernard understands reading defenses wayyyy better than Spector.  He was able to set up the defense to attack the line frequently.  His mind is top notch (I'm sure that's one of the reasons he is a captain)

TB was great last season, but we might be over rating our guys saying tb and MM are the best duo in the nfl.  top 5-10 when healthy tho i think is totally fair.

i think williams is coming along nicely, and i wonder if we could have a solid D with 3 LBs on the field when teams go with big lineups (would that have stopped the opening run by henry for a TD?).

part of why we might be overrating out starters is because of how absolutely trash the back ups are.  dodson was solid for us as a back up last season, specter is barely serviceable, and although he's a nickel corner, cam lewis plays basically linebacker on many occasions when he has to come off of coverage and blow up a screen or make a tackle, and he's awful.  seeing a quality nfl starter lined up w those scrubs, and with wet behind the ears bishop (who i still have hope for) and literal PR roster spot Hamlin really shows you how low the floor on this team is when hurt.  sheesh!

I love Milano amd Bernard, but that’s a stretch saying they are best duo in the league.  Our backups are just that.  Backups.  Yesterday was a colossal failure of coaching.  I normally in favor of McD and his staff, but this was inexcusable.

We have to pick up a top WR, and we have one definite and another decent one in Cooper.  We won’t win with this core even if Shakir is playing.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, mrags said:

I will admit I was definitely wrong on thinking this kid would be useless. However, his injuries because of his smaller frame playing a very physical position is concerning. I’m 50/50 so far on him. He’s played really well, When he’s actually on the field. 

Hopefully dude has a frame that can slab some more beef on him with NFL weight & diet coach

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hopefully dude has a frame that can slab some more beef on him with NFL weight & diet coach

I'm kind of curious if he's already done that - he looked a lot bigger to me yesterday, but that's just an observation watching on TV.