Postseason is ALL that matters

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Is 9-8 and an afce division enough?  Is just getting to the playoffs ALL that matters?  I'd argue that the only thing that matters over the 2nd half of Josh's career is finding a coaching staff passionate about SB's.  Not just settling for playoffs.  We've seen for 5 years quick playoff exits. 

We would need to win 6 of next 12 to go 9-8. How do you think a team that hits 4/18 WR targets in a dome somehow does better in cold / fall-winter weather? This is a team that wins at best 4-5 more games. I got this team 8-9. The question is does 7-10 / 8-9 win the AFC East? It might. This team reminds me of the 2022 TB Bucs, except Allen doesn’t throw the ball at his blocking RBs feet when his internal clock goes off, rather he rolls out right and gets blasted and lands on his throwing shoulder time and time again. Somehow I think Brady was wiser to ground it.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Is 9-8 and an afce division enough?  Is just getting to the playoffs ALL that matters?  I'd argue that the only thing that matters over the 2nd half of Josh's career is finding a coaching staff passionate about SB's.  Not just settling for playoffs.  We've seen for 5 years quick playoff exits. 

You misunderstood the thread.

It wasn't "just make the postseason."

It was "look at our division, our young team and our young Coordinators Coordinators... the games truly start mattering in the postseason, which we will be in."

The thread title is exactly where my head has been at since the start of last season.  They can do anything during the regular season…..struggle or win all their games but if you get bounced in round two it’s all the same.  It’s a long season with ups and downs. Perspective is key.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The thread title is exactly where my head has been at since the start of last season.  They can do anything during the regular season…..struggle or win all their games but if you get bounced in round two it’s all the same.  It’s a long season with ups and downs. Perspective is key.  

As an organization we should be past this “every regular season game should be a dominant effort” and be more into “make the playoffs with home field and win the playoff games any way you can.” 

The same fans that crucify the team for this loss are the same fans the show up in every thread poo pooing a big win because “ it doesn’t matter until we beat the Chiefs in the playoffs.” 

Well which one is it? Now I’m hearing that we’re not good enough to go on a playoff run. Well I’m old enough to remember the team just barely beating the Pats to win the division in 2021 before two extraordinary games by Allen in the playoffs. Or how about the 6-6 record last year before waking up from the dead and winning the division and almost beating the Chiefs at home in the playoffs? 

What’s changed? No Diggs? I saw a declining possession receiver yesterday. We’re missing key guys all over the field. Very good starters. 

At some point you need to have confidence in the team for what they always come through on every year. And what is that? We always win the division and Allen always shows up in the playoffs. Just as the sun will rise in the morning. 

As for McDermott? The guy is all about growth and kaizan. He’s always growing and changing. Those are the types of guys who overcome the past. In my opinion, his “failures” are scapegoats for team collapses. Cause of those collapses? The universe is funny somehow, but one thing I know is that the universe, just like an accounting ledger, always balances out. 

Yeah I have to agree like others have said in here

get to the playoffs anything can happen sure

bit we have Sean mcdermott

hes not Super Bowl caliber - he’s proven his slogan correct - playoff caliber - not superbowl caliber.

act is getting old of watching him like on himself - he just doesn’t learn …

love this board after a loss, always entertaining.   

at least now I'll get my Titans tickets for a lot less on the resale market 

timing is everything

everyone needs to take a pill and relax; the entire conference is 2-3 or 3-2; its like the season hasn't even started yet

have a good week everyone

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This team is very clearly still trying to find itself... both offensively and defensively... and don't you think our D kinda did today??? Other than the Collins TD they were pretty excellent! Now we need to see some of that switch flipping on the other side of the ball.

But that need for growth and learning was exposed for our defense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and last week against the Ravens. 

It was exposed for our offense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and for most of the last couple weeks.

Throw in a half dozen or so impact players missing time over the first 5 games and you have a recipe for a team that looks bad and has a losing record.

But guess what... we have a winning record; the only team in the AFC East able to say that. And we will be getting those impact players back over the next several weeks. And our Coordinators are young and learning.

And Josh Allen.

Anyone watch the Jets, Patriots or Dolphins lately? Those are bad football teams. I'd love the #1 seed and to have the best record in the NFL... but really it's mainly because I spend an unhealthy amount of time listening to sports media podcasts. That said, the simple reality is that this is a football team still finding its footing at 3-2 and they're doing it while being in probably the worst division in the NFL and still have the 2nd best player in the NFL.

Get in the playoffs at 15-2...

Get in the playoffs at 9-8...

You have Josh Allen.

Year 6 into this run for us Bills fans and we really need to try to just enjoy the ride of the regular season hoping that losses bring learning experiences.

Priority #1 after the last 2 weeks: please keep your QB clean. We've had 2 "oh ***** our season's over!!!" moments in the last 2 weeks.

Get Josh Allen to the postseason healthy.

It's a brand new season when everything resets anyways.

Aren’t the Bills exposed in the first half of every game?

the other teams offence consistently matches the ball down the field in the first half.

always,

even just nickle and diming.

goes back to HC.

he always has that stunned, lost look on his face.

great guy it seems, unfortunately, just not a great HC.

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This team is very clearly still trying to find itself... both offensively and defensively... and don't you think our D kinda did today??? Other than the Collins TD they were pretty excellent! Now we need to see some of that switch flipping on the other side of the ball.

But that need for growth and learning was exposed for our defense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and last week against the Ravens. 

It was exposed for our offense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and for most of the last couple weeks.

Throw in a half dozen or so impact players missing time over the first 5 games and you have a recipe for a team that looks bad and has a losing record.

But guess what... we have a winning record; the only team in the AFC East able to say that. And we will be getting those impact players back over the next several weeks. And our Coordinators are young and learning.

And Josh Allen.

Anyone watch the Jets, Patriots or Dolphins lately? Those are bad football teams. I'd love the #1 seed and to have the best record in the NFL... but really it's mainly because I spend an unhealthy amount of time listening to sports media podcasts. That said, the simple reality is that this is a football team still finding its footing at 3-2 and they're doing it while being in probably the worst division in the NFL and still have the 2nd best player in the NFL.

You have Josh Allen.

Year 6 into this run for us Bills fans and we really need to try to just enjoy the ride of the regular season hoping that losses bring learning experiences.

Priority #1 after the last 2 weeks: please keep your QB clean. We've had 2 "oh ***** our season's over!!!" moments in the last 2 weeks.

I think making the playoffs is a given,  my question is what do they do when they get there.  This team needs to get back to be a passing team first,  this is a passing league and teams that win the Super Bowl have passing QB'S. They are not running on 1st and 2nd downs. Make a trade for a top receiver or I would not be surprised to see Allen asking to be traded because of all the abuse from fans & media he would take because his receivers suck.  Yes we have Josh Allen,  but he still needs help and Mack Hollins has not business being on this team other then for special teams

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And Josh Allen.

You have Josh Allen.

Except McD is a HORRENDOUS coach in the playoffs, and if those games are the ones that matter most....he's still a massive liability in those games. This guy's in year 8 as a Head Coachand doesn't know basic clock management and we're just supposed to just shrug and say "he's just learning!"? 

5 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

At some point you need to have confidence in the team for what they always come through on every year. And what is that? We always win the division and Allen always shows up in the playoffs. Just as the sun will rise in the morning. 

And losing in the playoffs so there’s that to look forward to. 

ALL that matters?

1 they have to get there.

2 a healthy roster matters.

3 HFA and seeding matter.  

4 relative power ranking matters and is a good indicator of how successful they will be in the playoffs.  

Edited by jethro_tull

20 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And Josh Allen.

You have Josh Allen.

We also had Josh Allen on Sunday.

How'd that work out for us?