Postseason is ALL that matters

Sorry, but what impact player on offense is down?  They had everyone except Shakir on offense.  He was a #3 WR last year and at best the 4th or 5th option.  

If anyone had posted before the season started Josh would go 9 for 30 in a game with the starting OL, both TEs, and all 3 RB's healthy, we all would have appropriately said that would be impossible. Yet that is what we just saw.  The offense is in total disarray.  There are flaws everywhere. Josh still can't hit the deep throw, OL pass blocking remains suspect, and after three games with only 1 or 2 drops, the drops are back in abundance.  

They are in crisis mode.

They need a primetime win in the worst way.  Just figure out a way to get to 4-2 this week.  

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This team is very clearly still trying to find itself... both offensively and defensively... and don't you think our D kinda did today??? Other than the Collins TD they were pretty excellent! Now we need to see some of that switch flipping on the other side of the ball.

But that need for growth and learning was exposed for our defense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and last week against the Ravens. 

It was exposed for our offense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and for most of the last couple weeks.

Throw in a half dozen or so impact players missing time over the first 5 games and you have a recipe for a team that looks bad and has a losing record.

But guess what... we have a winning record; the only team in the AFC East able to say that. And we will be getting those impact players back over the next several weeks. And our Coordinators are young and learning.

And Josh Allen.

Anyone watch the Jets, Patriots or Dolphins lately? Those are bad football teams. I'd love the #1 seed and to have the best record in the NFL... but really it's mainly because I spend an unhealthy amount of time listening to sports media podcasts. That said, the simple reality is that this is a football team still finding its footing at 3-2 and they're doing it while being in probably the worst division in the NFL and still have the 2nd best player in the NFL.

Get in the playoffs at 15-2...

Get in the playoffs at 9-8...

You have Josh Allen.

Year 6 into this run for us Bills fans and we really need to try to just enjoy the ride of the regular season hoping that losses bring learning experiences.

Priority #1 after the last 2 weeks: please keep your QB clean. We've had 2 "oh ***** our season's over!!!" moments in the last 2 weeks.

Get Josh Allen to the postseason healthy.

It's a brand new season when everything resets anyways.

They aren't making the post season.   You know this

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We're supposed to be a team competing for a SB and not some lowly team just happy to be in the hunt. The way this roster is constructed there is zero chance we are going far in the playoffs. 

Yeah we are def right now a lowly team in the hunt. As bad as the afc east is I wouldn’t even put us that much ahead of the jets- cringeeeeeee

i hope mcdermott reads these things 

43 minutes ago, Success said:

It's easy to lose perspective after games like this - especially the way we lost. 

But we're still one of the better teams in the league, with one of the best QB's.  It's all about January - and hopefully February.

Ya know what though... I don't really know or care if we're one of the better teams in the league right now.

I care if we're one of the better teams in the league come playoff time. 

I hope the injury bug moves to another team. If it does, our current injured players should heal up and be healthy come playoff time and hopefully our Coordinators--Brady in particular--have worked out the kinks.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean: I would hope Pegula has made it perfectly clear: win in the playoffs or the coaching staff is gone.

Idc if the Bills go 8-9, win the division and make it to the Superbowl. I think anything less than a AFC Championship game should result in the firing of the coaching staff

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Of all the kinds of losses to lose perspective from, this shouldn't be one of them. The Texans are a good team with a great QB. We were on the road at their place. The team fought back and tied it up and we lost by a field goal as time expired.

It wasn't like we got the doors blown off by a bad team. Fans need to relax and be a little more resilient. The team needs to figure it out and play better, for sure. Let's see if they can do it.

Asking Bills fans to be a little more resilient is ridiculous. Who in their right mind would still be a Bills fan if not for resiliency? We are just tired of the same crap. Bad coaching. Bad gameplay. Bad roster outside of Josh.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Brian3488 said:

Yeah we are def right now a lowly team in the hunt. As bad as the afc east is I wouldn’t even put us that much ahead of the jets- cringeeeeeee

i hope mcdermott reads these things 

About to waste the time years of Allen's career. Don't worry though, QBs like him are easy to find. 

Just now, RiotAct said:

I would NOT call the defense today excellent.  Waaaayyyy too many 3rd-and-longs yielded.

Decent, yes.

I was thinking about that. It's true about 3rd down - but overall, if Bishop doesn't play like a rookie on that long TD, they really held it down points-wise.

39 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Yeah, but in all likelihood we’re going to have go on the road to two of KC/Bal/Hou.  Good luck.

We can easily beat Houston on the road if we get guys like taron Johnson, shakir and Matt milano back or even if we trade for a guy like Amari Cooper or davante.  The team won't look the same as it did now and we still almost beat them... 

And as for Baltimore , they definitely concern me on the road but let's see if their run game is able to be as dominant when we have healthy linebackers. 

Kansas city does not look good at all despite their record, and their injuries keep piling up. 

Anything is possible.  Assuming we win the wild card game at home. All we would need is 2 games to make the super bowl. 

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I totally agree that only the playoffs matter. But in large chunks of the Baltimore and Houston games this does not appear to be a playoff caliber club. The good news is that we play in arguably the worst division this season, so even mediocre football gets you in the tournament. 

Playoffs start in 3 months... not next week