Postseason is ALL that matters

This team is very clearly still trying to find itself... both offensively and defensively... and don't you think our D kinda did today??? Other than the Collins TD they were pretty excellent! Now we need to see some of that switch flipping on the other side of the ball.

But that need for growth and learning was exposed for our defense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and last week against the Ravens. 

It was exposed for our offense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and for most of the last couple weeks.

Throw in a half dozen or so impact players missing time over the first 5 games and you have a recipe for a team that looks bad and has a losing record.

But guess what... we have a winning record; the only team in the AFC East able to say that. And we will be getting those impact players back over the next several weeks. And our Coordinators are young and learning.

And Josh Allen.

Anyone watch the Jets, Patriots or Dolphins lately? Those are bad football teams. I'd love the #1 seed and to have the best record in the NFL... but really it's mainly because I spend an unhealthy amount of time listening to sports media podcasts. That said, the simple reality is that this is a football team still finding its footing at 3-2 and they're doing it while being in probably the worst division in the NFL and still have the 2nd best player in the NFL.

Get in the playoffs at 15-2...

Get in the playoffs at 9-8...

You have Josh Allen.

Year 6 into this run for us Bills fans and we really need to try to just enjoy the ride of the regular season hoping that losses bring learning experiences.

Priority #1 after the last 2 weeks: please keep your QB clean. We've had 2 "oh ***** our season's over!!!" moments in the last 2 weeks.

Get Josh Allen to the postseason healthy.

It's a brand new season when everything resets anyways.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's easy to lose perspective after games like this - especially the way we lost. 

But we're still one of the better teams in the league, with one of the best QB's.  It's all about January - and hopefully February.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You have Josh Allen.

While I generally agree with takes like this, I think you could also make the argument that…

Get in the playoffs at 15-2…

Get in the playoffs at 9-8…

You have Sean McDermott.

For as amazing as Josh’s resume is which gives us a shot during the playoffs.  McDermotts resume pours water on any excitement I have for our future right now.  It’s the AFC Championship game.  We are down 3 points with 5 minutes left.  I have faith in Josh.  My faith in this coaching staff is near zero in these big moments.

And this isn’t a dramatic hot take.  This team lost a number of games in 2019-2022 and I always thought we were just a step away.  But this coaching staff has proven they can’t take that step.  Even with a HOF QB.

• Agree 5

We need to protect Josh better. He's getting killed out there. We need Shakir back at a minimum plus a trade at WR. Unfortunately, we are not the only team that's in the market for a WR. I don't want to break the bank but the kid needs help. 

5 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Yup that’s all that matters. Evert Season is going to have ups and downs. 3-2 still first in the division. I’ll take it. We still have multiple guys out at key positions. We just wanna be healthy and playing our best ball in December/January 

Injury excuses are like #######s. Every team has one. 

22 minutes ago, Success said:

It's easy to lose perspective after games like this - especially the way we lost. 

But we're still one of the better teams in the league, with one of the best QB's.  It's all about January - and hopefully February.

Of all the kinds of losses to lose perspective from, this shouldn't be one of them. The Texans are a good team with a great QB. We were on the road at their place. The team fought back and tied it up and we lost by a field goal as time expired.

It wasn't like we got the doors blown off by a bad team. Fans need to relax and be a little more resilient. The team needs to figure it out and play better, for sure. Let's see if they can do it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Get in the playoffs with McD and you will NEVER see this team in a Super Bowl.  At this point it's all about getting to and WINNING a Super Bowl before Josh gets pissed off enough to demand a trade elsewhere to a team that actually knows how to win big games.  It's never going to happen under McD IMO, he turtles and chokes in big games and key in-game decision-making time after time after time.  I would love to be wrong on this, but honestly feel he is the major anchor holding Josh back.

Edited by Preds
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This team is very clearly still trying to find itself... both offensively and defensively... and don't you think our D kinda did today??? Other than the Collins TD they were pretty excellent! Now we need to see some of that switch flipping on the other side of the ball.

But that need for growth and learning was exposed for our defense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and last week against the Ravens. 

It was exposed for our offense in the 1st half against the Cardinals and for most of the last couple weeks.

Throw in a half dozen or so impact players missing time over the first 5 games and you have a recipe for a team that looks bad and has a losing record.

But guess what... we have a winning record; the only team in the AFC East able to say that. And we will be getting those impact players back over the next several weeks. And our Coordinators are young and learning.

And Josh Allen.

Anyone watch the Jets, Patriots or Dolphins lately? Those are bad football teams. I'd love the #1 seed and to have the best record in the NFL... but really it's mainly because I spend an unhealthy amount of time listening to sports media podcasts. That said, the simple reality is that this is a football team still finding its footing at 3-2 and they're doing it while being in probably the worst division in the NFL and still have the 2nd best player in the NFL.

You have Josh Allen.

Year 6 into this run for us Bills fans and we really need to try to just enjoy the ride of the regular season hoping that losses bring learning experiences.

Priority #1 after the last 2 weeks: please keep your QB clean. We've had 2 "oh ***** our season's over!!!" moments in the last 2 weeks.

Josh is literally the most banged up already that he has been in his career.

So much for that plan.

At least we will run him into the ground and hang our back to back to back to back to back AFCE Division Winner banners.

Edited by FireChans
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And Josh Allen.

You have Josh Allen.

Fully agree with this post. The thing giving me hope is that the rest of the AFC looks meh as well.

KC - If Rice is done for the season they are in the same place we are with minimal weapons. They will have to lean on their defense and every game will be close. One bad bounce and they can be out.
HOU - We just saw how easily they can choke away a game. Bills easily could have won despite playing terribly. Not super impressive vs other bad teams like the Bears.
BAL - Have already blown multiple games, and leaning on a geriatric (in RB years) rusher. If Henry keeps this usage up for 17 games and the playoffs I'll eat my hat.
PIT - Pretenders, and I'm pretty sure everybody knows that.

If KC loses tomorrow night, the entire conference will be clustered around 3-2 and 4-1. Bills *should* win 4 out of the next 5 games. We'll likely still be around 1 game back of the top seed if that plays out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The D figured it out today? If not for some incredible hero plays from TB and a bunch of mistakes from Stroud and the Texans in the second half, they would have boat raced the Bills just like the Ravens did. Those safeties back there are an unbelievable liability in both run support and the pass game. I don’t know how they can keep trotting Hamlin out there after today. I understand it was Bishop’s first game but holy hell… that may have been the worst safety play I’ve ever seen in the NFL. Just standing around not coming up to try to make a tackle, missing badly the few times they did, and they STILL got beat over the top. If you’re just going to stand 25 yards deep presnap, how do you still get it thrown over your head? Wild. They are going to get exposed all season long unless something changes. The book is out on them. I’m sure TJ coming back will help mask it but there are going to be more rough games with them ahead.

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And Josh Allen.

You have Josh Allen.

Yeah and it’s not like we lost to the jags we lost to a clearly young and hungry Texans team. We will be fine. A little concerned with the offense but we tend to do this!!

I totally agree that only the playoffs matter. But in large chunks of the Baltimore and Houston games this does not appear to be a playoff caliber club. The good news is that we play in arguably the worst division this season, so even mediocre football gets you in the tournament. 

• Agree 1

You're just ignoring the bigger picture, and that is that the coaching is still and always will be the downfall of this team

Whether it bites us now or in the playoffs...it's going to be why we fail to get it done

The OP is just forcing himself to be Mr positivity and pretend that the real issue that will ultimately show itself doesn't exist

• Agree 2