Whatever. Move onto next week.

iwishitwerecolder

10 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

I don't even want to move onto next week. I feel like we keep reliving trauma. I don't feel like next week will be any better. Jet's defense may be our toughest test yet.

Well, as long as our HC and FO keep making excuses.......oh, the Ravens are a bad matchup for us, Houston is a bad match up for us, the Jets D is a bad match up for us, blah, blah, frigging blah....

wash, rinse, repeat

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

2024: 3-2

2023: 3-2 made playoffs

2020: 3-2 made playoffs

yeah it sucks. McDermott isn’t a good coach in high pressure situations. But is it the end of the world. No. Just move on to next week and try and get a dub on primetime. And if not, look at our schedule. From here on out til around November is easier.

I agree,

but why is making the playoffs seem as an accomplishment?

that’s a loser mentality.

it’s great to make the playoffs, but if you always come up short….

we have a quarterback that is absolutely having his skills and talents wasted, with his faults being kept in mind.

Edited by Savage
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Savage said:

I’m not putting any scratch on the Bills.

I haven't seen the spread, but I would bet the Jets at this point. The Bills have struggled recently at MetLife. I am guessing this will be another tough game. 

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

If we can get healthier on defense (we will) and figure things out on offense (unsure) then yea.. we’re fine. 

Problem is, the Jets are 100% going to go single high closed and dare us to beat Sauce and Reed with Coleman, Hollins and MVS.

Do we think we have a counter punch?   Because I haven’t seen it.   Getting Shakir back would help.. doesn’t solve this problem though. 

Brady can stop with the first down predictable runs.   That might help a bit. 

Our biggest issue right now seems to be the offensive fix is not currently in this locker room. 

We look like the slowest team in the league.  To your point, it's going to be blitz blitz blitz and because Brady and McD are unable to alter their game plan to adjust, the blitzes will find home plenty.  It's frustrating because the book is out on the Bills O now, and everyone knows it, but i'll bet my next paycheck that we see exactly zero adjustment on O.  I don't think Brady is the guy, the moment is too big for him, and doesn't have the chops to counter punch.  It almost feels like a scripted offense where they decided the plays beforehand and have zero interest in changing any of it regardless of the situation in the game.  If I'm an opposing DC, I'm now licking my chops at the prospect of playing the Bills.  It's embarrassing really and I get why Josh seems checked out.

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I haven't seen the spread, but I would bet the Jets at this point. The Bills have struggled recently at MetLife. I am guessing this will be another tough game. 

JA17 does not play well against the Jets.

hopefully this week is different.

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

Josh Allen 51-20 since 2020. 

Mediocrity? Or top tier that hasn’t gotten over the Chiefs hump? 

Both

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mrags said:

So let’s hope for the playoffs only to lose again against good coaches and good teams. Then do it all over again next year. Rinse and repeat. But as long as we’re in the playoffs every year we’re doing great right. 

yes, we are doing great to do that. 

bc one of those years the breaks go our way and we win the SB.  its a single elimination tournament afterall.  takes lots of luck and breaks to survive a single elim tournament.   we have been very close

enjoy the ride

Yes, let's move on. On a side note, had we executed properly on any of those three pass attemps, all this vitriol would never have occurred. Instead we would of heard how agressive McDermott and Brady are.

2 minutes ago, gjv said:

Yes, let's move on. On a side note, had we executed properly on any of those three pass attemps, all this vitriol would never have occurred. Instead we would have heard how agressive McDermott and Brady are.

The vitriol would’ve just been postponed by twenty minutes until after McD totally screwed up OT. 😉

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The vitriol would’ve just been postponed by twenty minutes until after McD totally screwed up OT. 😉

The way the 2nd half was playing out I think the Bills would have won it in OT. We will never know. But up until McDermott choked again the Bills had the momentum coming back from 17-3 to tying it.

Sadly, the MNF game against the Jets is likely to be not much better. 

Josh has historically struggled against the Jets D, and in this and recent seasons, most teams struggle against the Jets D.

We need a great statement bounce back in the worst way, but truth is, we've lost our way. Need to do some soul searching this week and figure out what we want to be doing.

Just now, Kaenon said:

Sadly, the MNF game against the Jets is likely to be not much better. 

Josh has historically struggled against the Jets D, and in this and recent seasons, most teams struggle against the Jets D.

We need a great statement bounce back in the worst way, but truth is, we've lost our way. Need to do some soul searching this week and figure out what we want to be doing.

The Jets defense can be run on. The Bills need to establish the run with Cook. If they can't run, then it's going to be a long night. The Bills WR's vs the Jets secondary is a matchup that is not in our favor.