Are we figured out already? The issues as I see them

Virgil

14 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I think it's a combination of a bad receiver room and predictable play calls.

I'd rather have the Brady that took over for Dorsey rather than this year's version.

Seems like he's trying to be too cute at times and goes back to plays that haven't really worked much at all anyway.

They trying to spread the production out with bad players and nobody is doing more than a few things.  Samuel runs the same routes every week, Coleman runs his few, Hollins runs his few. Nobody is consistent and nobody is gaining any chemistry with the QB. I’m not even sure if Knox is even on the team at this point. I know on that 3rd down before the tying FG they had Shavers on the field. Like to see the guy get work but your in crunch time and this is your plan? Nothing really makes sense to me. Everybody eats didn’t last to long. The only guy eating on this team has been Shakir🥭

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

Remember the Chan Gailey offense led by Fitz when we were scoring 30+ points a game and we felt unstoppable, only to have the league figure us out and we stopped being able to score at all?

The Bills currently feel like this to me right now.  What concerns me the most about these past two losses, more so than the miscues, is that the Ravens and Texans were all over our offense like they knew what was coming.  What was considered creativity in the first three weeks now feels like obvious transparency.  I'm sure the All-22 will show other looks, but most of the replays showed receivers blanket covered, standing still and covered, or Josh getting the same type of misdirection pressure that causes him to press.

Josh isn't perfect in these games and I don't like how easily he is getting rattled.  Sure, getting pressured on more than 40% of your snaps against the Ravens will do that to you, but now we are starting to see him get jumpy, escape the pocket a little too early, and deliver off-balanced throws into the turf.  

As for the defense,  I don't see us as figured out as much as exposed.  We knew there were going to be mental mistakes with our limited depth and rookies learning the system. We saw it today with Bishop on the long TD.  We saw Cam revert to being out of place and forgetting how to tackle.  And we saw the all-too often defensive line (Groot) disappear again.

End of the day, the fact that we need to make such changes on offense after only week 5, that our receivers are back to not being able to gain separation, Josh is playing frantic, and our coaches can't seem to manage the clock, we are in trouble this year.  

I hate to say it but this all falls on the front office and Coaching staffs. They have to be fired at the end of this season. 

Josh problems stems from the lack of elite coaching on offensive side of the ball and lack of difference makers at Wr/RB . Mcbeane have failed Josh miserably and there ruining him for the foreseeable future. We need to hire a Offensive mind like Ben Johnson. Johnson helped rejuvenate Jerad Goff career he's an young genius offensive mind that will emphasize offensive talent being brought to this team. Det has that balance of physicality and finesse that all teams desire . Look at there RBs u have speed and power same with the Wrs . The Bills right now have no clue what that looks like . 

14 hours ago, 947 said:

The most predictable thing for me is that every time we have a successful run, we run on the next play 100% of the time. Cooks breaks off 12 yards on 1st down, next play is another run for -1, now we're in a hole. The defense knows it's coming & either run-blitzes or has the right call to stop it at the line.

This drove me crazy. At least run play action once in a while.

23 minutes ago, BananaB said:

They trying to spread the production out with bad players and nobody is doing more than a few things.  Samuel runs the same routes every week, Coleman runs his few, Hollins runs his few. Nobody is consistent and nobody is gaining any chemistry with the QB. I’m not even sure if Knox is even on the team at this point. I know on that 3rd down before the tying FG they had Shavers on the field. Like to see the guy get work but your in crunch time and this is your plan? Nothing really makes sense to me. Everybody eats didn’t last to long. The only guy eating on this team has been Shakir🥭

We paid Knox and Samuel for what again?  Good grief, I can't understand what this FO is thinking at times.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is a great observation.  Once Nico Collins went down Stroud played poorly generating only 3 FG's of offense (2 of which were 50+ yard kicks) and had 2 bad TO's.  No matter how good the QB is you must have at least one skill player who is a true threat to take it to the house on any play.

Yup, that is definitely 1 phase for sure.

Biggest change point from the 1st 3 weeks to the last 2 that has been mentioned already on this forum and so true = O line execution.

The first 3 weeks, the O line looked like the best unit I have seen Allen have and it showed. The last 2 weeks, the O line has looked like one of the worst units I ever seen in the NFL which was Allen's rookie year. 

Our O line has gone from the best in the league to the worst in 2 weeks. 

Edited by Real McClappy
  • Like (+1) 2

Can't bring out the same game every week.  Need to do different things before the opposition gets a read.  Even chang4 the gameplan of attack at halftime as the first half will be  out schemed by the oppostion at half time.  Make the o a winner at hide and seek.

My fears have come true; as I described, when a team doesn’t fear being beaten in the air, they’ll stack the middle and stop the run/ Inside routes.  Shakir and Kincaid both occupy the middle, there’s nobody to worry about outside.  So teams are keyed in on the short routes, stopping the run and know that Josh wants to roll right, so they just go after all that and don’t worry about being beaten.  If I told you, a team will challenge the Bills to throw the ball over them, at least last year you would have been happy, but with nobody able to get open, they are handcuffed.   The line isn’t getting it done on blitz pick-ups, the backs aren’t either.   Allen is getting hammered and has nothing to show for it. 

They need another WR, badly.  SOMEBODY had to make teams think twice about just teeing off on Allen and the run game.

23 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

We never got the chance to see if Dorsey had a counter punch lol

Said from day1 my biggest issue w canning Dorsey for Brady was he was going to get Allen killed

He had chances.  Go watch Dorsey’s final 6 games as OC.  

You think he was waiting for his counterpunch?