Are we figured out already? The issues as I see them

Virgil

I already hate our playcalling.  After high hopes and confidence in Brady, that has quickly dissipated.

We need to get our RBs, TEs more involved.  How does Brady watch film without seeing how predictable his playcalling has become?

I'm tired of these condensed, WR lined up beside TE, without any pass threat.  We literally telegraph so many plays each game and win downs on talent alone.

Need more misdirection, playaction, screens.  Get under center more.  Get Josh in a groove in playaction.  Break these tendencies of playing small ball.  Early downs were a disaster 1st half.  

Brady is going to need to adjust.  Nico left and our defense kept us in the game.  Josh missed some throws, we dropped critical passes.  But we have to work so hard for each completion.  We've had very few open targets today.  

Is that playcalling, lack of WR talent, or both?  I seem to think it's slightly more talent.  But what is going on with getting Samuel/Knox involved?  We're paying a significant cap to players who are having a minimal impact.  I'm concerned Beane and this coaching staff just aren't the fit that we give credit for.  Josh covers up most issues week to week.  Not today, he was the weakness and so was the offense in general.  

This continues and I'm in the burn it down and restart next year with a new staff.  This just isn't possible to have an MVP QB type and play this bad, without major changes.

39 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You are right but the talent hasn't been this poor in a long time either.

I honestly don't even blame Brady really. If I had to bet, he is running the show Beane and McD want.

I don't think either are the worst football people in the world, but imo the lack of focus or even worse, the complete misjudgment on the value of playmaking talent around Josh is a fatal flaw that should cost them both their jobs.

They are not the duo to bring us to the promised land. This is, as you said, their design and I'm not sure they even recognize how bad it is.

What's odd is in 2019-2021, there was a more clear effort to surround Josh with talent offensively. Did they forget?  Did they think they couldn't win that way?  I don't know and frankly I no longer care. We cannot go on like this lol.

Correct which is why I think the notion that McD somehow wants a more conservative offense is insane. 

As long as we continue to run on 90% of first downs, we should be able to keep the other teams guessing. 

Anyone who saw the difference between the Texans with Nick Collins, and the Texans with Nick Collins today, got a pretty direct view of how much difference even one play making reciever can make on a team.   

Edited by Chaos

55 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Its really Ugly my friend.  Blitz hard and take away the middle and we are cooked.  If we were going to do this I would have went pure 12 formation and brought in a power back. I like cook, but I mean a guy 230+ who can pound the ball and hard between the tackles. You do that its hard to blitz as much as teams do.

Like Braelon Allen who the Bills passed on for Ray Davis!

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the posters who say that our WRs are mediocre but remember that we were in Cap jail this off season. We didn't have the money to sign any top free agent WRs.

This leads me to a question for our salary cap gurus: How did we come to be in Cap jail?  Where is our salary cap tied up? Of course there's the cap hit we took from trading Diggs and Josh's monster deal but where is our money tied up beyond that?

3 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I agree with the posters who say that our WRs are mediocre but remember that we were in Cap jail this off season. We didn't have the money to sign any top free agent WRs.

This leads me to a question for our salary cap gurus: How did we come to be in Cap jail?  Where is our salary cap tied up? Of course there's the cap hit we took from trading Diggs and Josh's monster deal but where is our money tied up beyond that?

Don't they have  about 60M in dead cap this year ? ... That's like paying a 2nd Josh Allen to never touch the field.

They are sort of the Buffalo Sabres of the NFL right now... At least as far as bad starts are concerned.

They have had 3 games with terrible starts...3 games... Cards at home, Ravens and Houston on the road they are outscored 28-6 in the 1st quarter and 55-16 in the 1st half combined... Yes... They have AVERAGED being down 13 points at Halftime in those three games combined. 2 of them we're kicking off in the 3rd quarter! 

For whatever reason they have come out completely flat in 3 out of 5 games already this year... 

The Texans all but begged us to win this game and the Bills would not accept it...

I don't know what it's going to take... 

Edited by KOKBILLS

im not so worried about the D.   the offense is a different story though.  

seem like the more thigns change the more they stay the same.

the one thing i have been really down on since Daboll left was I felt, you dont

take and hire a rooke oc to coach up your elite QB.   

if you think u have the team to get to the superbowl or even close u 

go get an experienced OC that can elevate your Qb and the team.

That is biggest gripe with management so far.

41 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Our salary cap situation isn't much better next year either.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

The most predictable thing for me is that every time we have a successful run, we run on the next play 100% of the time. Cooks breaks off 12 yards on 1st down, next play is another run for -1, now we're in a hole. The defense knows it's coming & either run-blitzes or has the right call to stop it at the line.

i said exactly the same thing in another post.   you can pretty much call out what they are going to do every down. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

image.thumb.png.364aa2f37490690c444ede82918d756d.png

Here's a little excerpt why Brady was released from Carolina......once teams figured him out, he didn't adjust and rode the one trick pony all the way to the unemployment line.

Well if this comes to fruition, than he'll follow Dorsey out the door and Josh will be waiting for his 4th OC.  Or you can just hire Ben Johnson as HC and end this nonsense. 

• Agree 1