Are we figured out already? The issues as I see them

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If Brady has to be fired bc this goes south then it’s time to move on from McD and get a line out the door of coaching candidates that want to coach Josh in his prime not when he’s 35.  

Best case scenario we figure this out and Brady becomes a HC next season.  

The worst case scenario is this situation becomes too big for the GM and HC to wrap their heads around the significance of this.   

I just think it needs actual weapons.  We clearly cannot have Hollins out there as much as he is.   

Sickening. Shouldn't have a roster spot on a team supposedly contending. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Imo we've never looked quite this inept offensively 

And the worst part is it's by design

You are right but the talent hasn't been this poor in a long time either.

I honestly don't even blame Brady really. If I had to bet, he is running the show Beane and McD want.

I don't think either are the worst football people in the world, but imo the lack of focus or even worse, the complete misjudgment on the value of playmaking talent around Josh is a fatal flaw that should cost them both their jobs.

They are not the duo to bring us to the promised land. This is, as you said, their design and I'm not sure they even recognize how bad it is.

What's odd is in 2019-2021, there was a more clear effort to surround Josh with talent offensively. Did they forget?  Did they think they couldn't win that way?  I don't know and frankly I no longer care. We cannot go on like this lol.

18 minutes ago, Sweats said:

image.thumb.png.364aa2f37490690c444ede82918d756d.png

Here's a little excerpt why Brady was released from Carolina......once teams figured him out, he didn't adjust and rode the one trick pony all the way to the unemployment line.

I think it's a combination of a bad receiver room and predictable play calls.

I'd rather have the Brady that took over for Dorsey rather than this year's version.

Seems like he's trying to be too cute at times and goes back to plays that haven't really worked much at all anyway.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You are right but the talent hasn't been this poor in a long time either.

I honestly don't even blame Brady really. If I had to bet, he is running the show Beane and McD want.

I don't think either are the worst football people in the world, but imo the lack of focus or even worse, the complete misjudgment on the value of playmaking talent around Josh is a fatal flaw that should cost them both their jobs.

They are not the duo to bring us to the promised land. This is, as you said, their design and I'm not sure they even recognize how bad it is.

What's odd is in 2019-2021, there was a more clear effort to surround Josh with talent offensively. Did they forget?  Did they think they couldn't win that way?  I don't know and frankly I no longer care. We cannot go on like this lol.

im not blaming anyone and i dont think anyone needs to get fired rn

this was a possible (some would have said probable lol) outcome of their personnel and staff choices that came to a head this season

heck im not even surprised tbh

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I think it's a combination of a bad receiver room and predictable play calls.

I'd rather have the Brady that took over for Dorsey rather than this year's version.

Seems like he's trying to be too cute at times and goes back to plays that haven't really worked much at all anyway.

they are the same guy

22 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

The biggest advancement Brady gave to this offense was in the screen game and run game. If Josh isn't going to run a lot, we need plays that will manufacture 3-6 yards and keep us on schedule. Teams are starting to target the screen game. Didn't work a lick vs Baltimore or Houston. It resulted in a ton of wasted plays and play behind the sticks. We got down in both games, and really, we aren't a power rushing team. The run is opened up more by our ability to throw and we can't threaten anybody in the air right now. The WR's just don't have that ability. No downfield threats either. Look at how Houston nearly imploded without Nico Collins. I like Keon, but we needed a downfield threat in the draft like Thomas or Worthy. Keon will be a good player but he's the type of WR that the old Carolina Panthers would have brought in the fold. The Funchess or Benjamin style WR and you need those guys, but they all can't be those guys. They need a Ted Ginn Jr or Steve Smith to make it work. Then last but not least or offensive line has regressed dramatically in pass protection. Allen was jittery today and playing faster than he needed to on several occasions. Hard to blame him when he's pressured like he has been the last two weeks. 

This is a great observation.  Once Nico Collins went down Stroud played poorly generating only 3 FG's of offense (2 of which were 50+ yard kicks) and had 2 bad TO's.  No matter how good the QB is you must have at least one skill player who is a true threat to take it to the house on any play.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

this was a possible (some would have said probable lol) outcome of their personnel and staff choices that came to a head this season

they are the same guy

I'm not surprised either. I was surprised at the way they came out the first 2.5 weeks.

The efforts the last two weeks were a little worse than I expected but water has found its level now. If this continues and we limp out in the postseason, I'm getting the FireMcBeane billboard.

48 minutes ago, Virgil said:

that our receivers are back to not being able to gain separation

Our WRs were never gaining separation outside even in the first three games. We got away with it because defenses were still playing Josh Allen the usual way, two high shell keep everything in front of you and force the offense to chip away on drives. He was more than happy to play that style by funneling passes to the middle of the field. Now defenses have adjusted and are clogging the middle of the field daring us to beat them downfield outside the numbers. All of a sudden that weakness on our roster has come to the forefront. And it's not a problem you can just hide, unfortunately. Either Coleman quickly develops some separation skills or else we need to add a legit talent at the position.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

they are the same guy

We went half a season, into the playoffs and hung with the Champs down to the wire.

This offense isn't doing that, especially with this WR room.

The most predictable thing for me is that every time we have a successful run, we run on the next play 100% of the time. Cooks breaks off 12 yards on 1st down, next play is another run for -1, now we're in a hole. The defense knows it's coming & either run-blitzes or has the right call to stop it at the line.

• Agree 1

Watching this offense struggle was so predictable. It didn't take long for defenses to adjust and now our weaknesses are exposed. 

I know people put Beane on some pedestal as some elite GM but what he's put around Josh is unbelievably bad. Our cap situation is also terrible because of the contracts and restructures he's responsible for. 

If it weren't for Josh, him and McD would've been fired years ago. Instead they are just going to waste the best years of his career. I'm losing so much patience at this point. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Brady putting worse players on the field consistently is certainly an issue.  Shakir being out pretty much tanked the receiving core.  Knox is getting too many snaps over Kincaid, Hollins is getting too many snaps, Scantling is getting too many snaps, and Quintin Morris is getting too many snaps.  

I'm not necessarily out on Brady but I don't think he was the best hire.  The reality is that the offensive coordinator for Josh Allen is one of the most desirable positions in the NFL.  It's basically a guaranteed shot at being a head coach if you are mildly decent at the job.  It makes complete sense that Micky D was a fan though.  Constantly rotating in inferior role piece players onto the field.  A running ball control offense to keep his defense off the field.  Shocking that Diggs was on the outs after hiring a coach who puts a premium on receivers blocking, something Diggs despised lol.  

Also, the offensive line is still dog****.  

Seeing Shavers on the field for the 4th down conversion/TD was....something.

• Like (+1) 1

I really just want the entire coaching staff fired. I have since 13 seconds. The problem with Brady is he is predictable. However: against the Ravens Coleman drops a deep shot and Hollins dropped a deep pass today. Allen was also a foot away from a long TD to Kincaid. The Bills just plainly have one player (Kincaid) who would be a start on teams (minus Shakir who would start). Knox is useless (and I told everyone when the contract was signed that it was terrible and he isn't worth nearly that much), Hollins is useless, Samuel may be more useless than everyone and Coleman is still a rookie. So when you don't have talent you have to draw up some clever plays and that isn't happening at all. It's weird didn't see wheel routes. How about just running quick slants? 

It's time for McD to be fired and the Bills to hire Ben Johnson or like Belichick. I want a coach who can win a game with their speciality (Defense or Offense)

It’s a combination of The receivers being horrendous and Josh really being made uncomfortable. To me he’s never been a fantastic pocket passer, he’s fantastix at moving around, scrambling and/or making throws on the run.  But this year he’s not running much, and the pocket throwing is mediocre at best. Sometimes he rolls outside late but the spy is actually beating him to the edge forcing a throwaway, short gain, or a bone crunching hit. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Remember the Chan Gailey offense led by Fitz when we were scoring 30+ points a game and we felt unstoppable, only to have the league figure us out and we stopped being able to score at all?

The Bills currently feel like this to me right now.  What concerns me the most about these past two losses, more so than the miscues, is that the Ravens and Texans were all over our offense like they knew what was coming.  What was considered creativity in the first three weeks now feels like obvious transparency.  I'm sure the All-22 will show other looks, but most of the replays showed receivers blanket covered, standing still and covered, or Josh getting the same type of misdirection pressure that causes him to press.

Josh isn't perfect in these games and I don't like how easily he is getting rattled.  Sure, getting pressured on more than 40% of your snaps against the Ravens will do that to you, but now we are starting to see him get jumpy, escape the pocket a little too early, and deliver off-balanced throws into the turf.  

As for the defense,  I don't see us as figured out as much as exposed.  We knew there were going to be mental mistakes with our limited depth and rookies learning the system. We saw it today with Bishop on the long TD.  We saw Cam revert to being out of place and forgetting how to tackle.  And we saw the all-too often defensive line (Groot) disappear again.

End of the day, the fact that we need to make such changes on offense after only week 5, that our receivers are back to not being able to gain separation, Josh is playing frantic, and our coaches can't seem to manage the clock, we are in trouble this year.  

There were many of us that said this was coming including myself. When things are breaking down Josh now has no "go to" guy who he has confidence in. It should be Dalton Kincaid but i don't think he's ready to be that guy in year 2 yet or Allen just doesn't trust him enough yet.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Remember the Chan Gailey offense led by Fitz when we were scoring 30+ points a game and we felt unstoppable, only to have the league figure us out and we stopped being able to score at all?

The Bills currently feel like this to me right now.  What concerns me the most about these past two losses, more so than the miscues, is that the Ravens and Texans were all over our offense like they knew what was coming.  What was considered creativity in the first three weeks now feels like obvious transparency.  I'm sure the All-22 will show other looks, but most of the replays showed receivers blanket covered, standing still and covered, or Josh getting the same type of misdirection pressure that causes him to press.

Josh isn't perfect in these games and I don't like how easily he is getting rattled.  Sure, getting pressured on more than 40% of your snaps against the Ravens will do that to you, but now we are starting to see him get jumpy, escape the pocket a little too early, and deliver off-balanced throws into the turf.  

As for the defense,  I don't see us as figured out as much as exposed.  We knew there were going to be mental mistakes with our limited depth and rookies learning the system. We saw it today with Bishop on the long TD.  We saw Cam revert to being out of place and forgetting how to tackle.  And we saw the all-too often defensive line (Groot) disappear again.

End of the day, the fact that we need to make such changes on offense after only week 5, that our receivers are back to not being able to gain separation, Josh is playing frantic, and our coaches can't seem to manage the clock, we are in trouble this year.  

Have you watched the last 2 games? Yes

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It’s a combination of The receivers being horrendous and Josh really being made uncomfortable. To me he’s never been a fantastic pocket passer, he’s fantastix at moving around, scrambling and/or making throws on the run.  But this year he’s not running much, and the pocket throwing is mediocre at best. Sometimes he rolls outside late but the spy is actually beating him to the edge forcing a throwaway, short gain, or a bone crunching hit. 

Hard to be a pocket passer when nobody gets open and the OC has a religious devotion to first down runs.