Some objectivity

oldmanfan

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Going to wait for all22 to make sure

But imo online issues can be attributed to lack of real answers outside

I was sitting upstairs and you could see everything. I 100% agree with you. NOBODY was getting open. Josh was onto his 3rd or 4th read. He also got a little spooked because they were so blanketed. He pulled it down a few times. It was painful to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

I would actually be very surprised if they didn't calll Hyde this week.

Hamlin is a special type of awful. No one can convince me that there is a worse starting safety in the NFL right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You have to run it 3 straight times, keep the clock ticking and force Houston to use TO's.......

McDoormat, strikes again.

You know what a doormat does there?

A doormat runs the ball three times. 
Your 100 repetitive, nonsensical,  complaining posts the last two weeks do nothing to make this a stronger community. 
Be better. 

The only thing that makes sense to me is if McDoormat believes that every kicker in the league is just as bad as Bass and hoped that a FG try would get shanked (you know, something Bass would have done).

Other than that.....i got nothing.

Just now, Simon said:

You know what a doormat does there?

A doormat runs the ball three times. 
Your 100 repetitive, nonsensical,  complaining posts the last two weeks do nothing to make this a better place. 
Be better. 

understood.....over and out.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was sitting upstairs and you could see everything. I 100% agree with you. NOBODY was getting open. Josh was onto his 3rd or 4th read. He also got a little spooked because they were so blanketed. He pulled it down a few times. It was painful to watch. 

That's how it looked om broadcast👍

Texans were in that single high safety look a good amount it seemed...have to have guys who can win outside to counter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Going to wait for all22 to make sure

Totally. Outside the lines our WRs can’t win 1 v 1 and so Josh has to go to 3rd progression etc then OL breaks down and we got chicken with head cut off Offense. If Ds take the middle of the field away our running game is not good enough to save us and our WRs certainly are not either.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It is part of it for sure. Defenses give our weapons zero respect which opens up a lot of options for how many pass rushers they can send, etc. In the past Allen would burn blitzes by tossing deep throws up to Diggs or Davis, and 1-2 completions a game was enough to back most defenses up. Now they have learned Cook is our only meaningful outlet on those plays and we have nobody that is even a threat to burn them outside, so just make sure someone covers Cook leaking out and you have us dead to rights. So because the blitzes are getting home before anyone uncovers, that also means we have to respect any pressure look the defense is showing and then we're screwed whether they actually rush everybody or not. The snowball effect from that one glaring problem is very real.

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

1.  O line has got to play better than they did today.  Two weeks in a row they got shoved around.

2.  Coordinators have to come out better in the first half than they have the last two games.  Brady especially has to look at his schemes to get guys open, and having an O line play better would help a lot.

3.  People wanted challenges but we have the retired ex-ref in the booth.  I suspect we didn’t challenge because he advised they’d be unsuccessful.

4.  Josh seemed to be pushing today.  Missed some throws that should have been made but needs more help from his O line especially.

5.  Might be time to put in a call to Micah.

6.  The 3 downs at the end?  Can argue it many ways.  If you run and get stuffed they use their TOs and get the ball with time for a play, quick spike and a kick.  If you pass and don’t complete the same thing.  Only thing that would definitively changed things was to get a first down.

6a).  Lose to a 59 yard FG you tip your hat to the kicker.

7.  How Josh was able to clear protocol and come right back in is a mystery.  No way a shot like he took when his head slammed into the turf was harmless.

8.  They’re 3-2, one more away game then the schedule eases.  Still leading the division.

Agree or not, just a tip of the cap for engaging your brain before your mouth. 
We could use more of that around here. 👍

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

IMG-3905.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

1.  O line has got to play better than they did today.  Two weeks in a row they got shoved around.

Definitely. This needs to be fixed. Was Alec Anderson being used an extra lineman today?

2.  Coordinators have to come out better in the first half than they have the last two games.  Brady especially has to look at his schemes to get guys open, and having an O line play better would help a lot.

We almost never threw over the middle today, and our receivers were constantly running deep routes! Why?!

3.  People wanted challenges but we have the retired ex-ref in the booth.  I suspect we didn’t challenge because he advised they’d be unsuccessful.

No excuse. Your point is taken.

4.  Josh seemed to be pushing today.  Missed some throws that should have been made but needs more help from his O line especially.

It did feel that way, however I don't think that we were playing to Josh Allen's strengths today. Again, almost no passes over the middle, and a lot of plays with our receivers running deep routes. That's not why we were successful in our 3 wins. 

5.  Might be time to put in a call to Micah.

That's awfully soon. Tough to say.

6.  The 3 downs at the end?  Can argue it many ways.  If you run and get stuffed they use their TOs and get the ball with time for a play, quick spike and a kick.  If you pass and don’t complete the same thing.  Only thing that would definitively changed things was to get a first down.

I get your point, but I don't care if the Texans use all of their timeouts. Those low percentage passes we called were awful!

6a).  Lose to a 59 yard FG you tip your hat to the kicker.

Good job, you won because we are incompetent.

7.  How Josh was able to clear protocol and come right back in is a mystery.  No way a shot like he took when his head slammed into the turf was harmless.

Was it as serious as we thought? Guess we will never know.

8.  They’re 3-2, one more away game then the schedule eases.  Still leading the division.

Thank goodness the rest of the division is a laughingstock. They need to fix things NOW!

16 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You have to run it 3 straight times, keep the clock ticking and force Houston to use TO's.......you never know, we might have gained some yards. We certainly weren't going to have any open WR's in the last 30 seconds when they weren't open all game long.

Houston was probably just loving us for trying to throw it......i would have loved to be on the Texans sideline listening to that conversation.

They were probably as baffled as the rest of us.

McDoormat, strikes again.

I think they were caught off guard and probably dodged a small bullet honestly lol. They were definitely feeling confident about stopping three telegraphed runs and getting the ball back in fg range knowing Martin isn’t a good punter and josh had a few single coverage looks that he missed.  I still think it was wrong but it wasn’t godawful like some are making it sound.  

if the bills knew Martin was gonna actually boot one there they absolutely run three straight times.  Three straight runs and I think you’re lookin at a Texans drive start in fairbairn fg range much more often than not though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

15 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Thank you for the objective review. 

Agree with all of your points. A 59 yard field goal is spectacular and statistically unlikely. Around 20% odds historically. 

Historically isn’t 2024. Kickers are making an insane amount of FGs 50+ this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Playoff experience for the young guys would be nice, and who knows maybe things fall their way and JA gets hot.

To miss the playoffs entirely would set this franchsie back and possibly cost McD his job. 

Better this year than several more years of good not great

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

IMG-3905.jpg

This is what I saw on the few plays they showed a broader view.

Guys are totally covered. JA isn't gun shy - he'll pass it if there's a chance.  Guys are simply not getting open.

We need a star receiver.  Without that, DC's can plan their defenses with very standard coverages and succeed.  They don't have to focus on anything.

• Like (+1) 1

Too many reoccurring trends that are very concerning.

1. DL goes awol far too often. HOU had a rookie backup RT and Stroud typically had plenty of time. Do we ever stunt as it seems 99% of the time we bull rush with four.

2. D soft coverage on 3rd and long. It’s maddening how many simple 3rd and long conversions we give up.

3. Tackling has been and continues to be bad.

4. Five games in and I have no clue what our offensive identity is. Can Brady not scheme up simple passing plays. Samuel is invisible along with Knox. MVS and Hollins aren’t scaring anyone. Kincaid has been far too inconsistent.

5. Brady looks similar to Dorsey in his playcalling. Far to predictable, zero creativity and not understanding game situations.

6. Safety position is by far the worst tandem in the NFL. What did we sign Mike Edwards for? Bishop looks slow, struggles tackling and does not look like a 2nd round draft pick.

7. McDermott in critical moments. No additional comments needed as we have plenty of a sample now to see it’s very bad.

8. Lack of playmakers on the roster. It’s alarming and highlights major FA and drafting decisions that haven’t resulted in the desired outcome. Right now, our roster has Allen, Benford and Rasul as All Pros and that’s probably a stretch. 

9. Coaching staff continues to get outcoached against good teams.

10. Lack of physicality on either side of the ball.

A win on the road against the Jets becomes critical as the Bills cannot lose three straight. Gonna be a long week in Buffalo!

30 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

This year’s result was already set in motions by the offseason moves. Some fans just refuse to see it. 

Agreed. But it could’ve been done differently. They have really set Allen and the offense up for failure. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Thank you for the objective review. 

Agree with all of your points. A 59 yard field goal is spectacular and statistically unlikely. Around 20% odds historically. 

Except against us at which point odds become 99%.

• Haha (+1) 2