Josh Allen Mvp and Liability.

Lfod

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We all respect the work that YPP, Cover 1, and all the other home analysts put into this, but YPP is absolutely wrong here. No one worth their salt would look at this play and tell you “yes, the ball should’ve been thrown to Mack’s outside shoulder, towards the sideline.” The difference between Stroud’s deep ball placement (inside) and Allen’s deep ball placement (outside) is a TD and an incompletion, respectively. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love Josh…but…Meet liability Josh.  Easy guaranteed 5+ yards to Kincaid or Coleman on a down critical we get yards and stay in bounds and he launches a bomb to a blanketed Mack Hollins.

Utterly terrible decision. 

I’m usually critical of him for decisions like this but he gets a pass here. There’s seconds left in the game. He was trying to make something happen.

5 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

It was not a great throw, but one that an average NFL receiver should come up with.

problem is, our WR room is comically bad.

I agree it’s a bad room. But how much better are the Ravens or Chiefs?  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I agree that they lost the game because of Allen.  If he’s 70% of his normal self I think we win, but he waIf he had hit either Kincaid or Hollins on the long shot, I think we win.  

1/17 games.  Offense doesn’t look good right now, but the season is long and things can change quickly.  We need a healthy Shakir.  A shiny new toy would be nice to considering that McKenzie >>>>>>>> Samuel apparently 

I am not down on the season. Josh gives a lot of elite performances. I can easily write this game off. Its early in the season of the next mini rebuild so I understand the struggles. 

I just wanted to throw my hot take into the pile of trash because for this week the narrative in my head is that Diggs left the team and was rodeo roping with those ice cold dedicated eyes while Josh is off target starting to lose his mind and the end of the first half. 

22 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I’m usually critical of him for decisions like this but he gets a pass here. There’s seconds left in the game. He was trying to make something happen.

No disrespect...but...Hard disagree on this...the only thing he needed to make happen was guaranteed yards on this play, there was no other acceptable option or objective after we threw unsuccessfully on first down.  

First off, you are risking a game ending INT there, which Josh has thrown plenty of INT's as we know.  Josh is risking a safety holding the ball that long in the endzone which would have lost us the game.  Even an incomplete pass means 3rd and 10 where Josh for the 3rd time puts the game in jeopardy having to drop again into the endzone where a safety loses us the game.  Then, you are forced to punt without the proper room to punt on 4th down backed up into the endzone again creating an opportunity for a game ending mistake on a bad snap or blocked punt.  Even if you get the Punt off, you are giving them excellent field position to get into FG range for a kicker with a big leg.  

We had 0 time outs, if Hollins makes that play it doesn't do anything for us.  We are still a long way away from FG range with no timeouts, no big time receivers to take deep sideline shots with and having maybe 10 seconds left on the clock.  There was absolutely nothing to gain on that throw to Hollins and everything to lose.  It was maybe the worst decision I have ever seen Josh make personally, and again I love Josh.  

Getting the pass off on the break to Coleman would have given us at least 5 yards and Coleman a chance to make a move or break a tackle to get the first which he has done on several come back routes already this season.  Same with Kincaid.  Even just the 5 yards and staying in bounds creates the chance the Texans just let the clock run rather than stopping it.  But lets assume they do stop it, not its 3rd and short and Josh isn't putting the game at risk dropping into the endzone with a safety possible to try and pick it up and its MUCH easier for Josh to pick up either throwing or running the ball with him or Cook.  And if we don't get it, our punter has more room and the Texans start further away with less time on the clock making the FG attempt harder to obtain, or at least from even further away if they still pick some yards up.  

There is no ifs ands or buts about it...this was maybe the worst decision of the game and put is in a really bad spot that directly led to the events that lost us the game.  And its why McD was so pissed off on the sideline too.  Brady gave Josh multiple right choices and Allen instead took the worst choice he could make.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Lfod said:

I'll start by saying I understand the obligatory statement that I think Josh Allen is one of the greatest QBs of all time. When Josh Allen is at his best it  looks like he looks like a football machine sent from the future

At his worst it looks like Zack Wilson bust levels looking lost. After some seasons it seems clear to me now that this team will rise and fall to the level that Josh Allen does. 

The two losses remind me of what playoff losses have looked like for us. Ravens smashed the Bills like the Bengals did. Texans did today what KC has usually does to us and sneaks by because the offense is figured out.

The only difference is that today is that now I believe I can see what Diggs might of been hinting at. I love Josh but maybe he isn't all that serious and just leans on accolades and not going full cyborg all the time.

You lost me at "One of the greatest QBs of all time".

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect...but...Hard disagree on this...the only thing he needed to make happen was guaranteed yards on this play, there was no other acceptable option or objective after we threw unsuccessfully on first down.  

First off, you are risking a game ending INT there, which Josh has thrown plenty of INT's as we know.  Josh is risking a safety holding the ball that long in the endzone which would have lost us the game.  Even an incomplete pass means 3rd and 10 where Josh for the 3rd time puts the game in jeopardy having to drop again into the endzone where a safety loses us the game.  Then, you are forced to punt without the proper room to punt on 4th down backed up into the endzone again creating an opportunity for a game ending mistake on a bad snap or blocked punt.  Even if you get the Punt off, you are giving them excellent field position to get into FG range for a kicker with a big leg.  

We had 0 time outs, if Hollins makes that play it doesn't do anything for us.  We are still a long way away from FG range with no timeouts, no big time receivers to take deep sideline shots with and having maybe 10 seconds left on the clock.  There was absolutely nothing to gain on that throw to Hollins and everything to lose.  It was maybe the worst decision I have ever seen Josh make personally, and again I love Josh.  

Getting the pass off on the break to Coleman would have given us at least 5 yards and Coleman a chance to make a move or break a tackle to get the first which he has done on several come back routes already this season.  Same with Kincaid.  Even just the 5 yards and staying in bounds creates the chance the Texans just let the clock run rather than stopping it.  But lets assume they do stop it, not its 3rd and short and Josh isn't putting the game at risk dropping into the endzone with a safety possible to try and pick it up and its MUCH easier for Josh to pick up either throwing or running the ball with him or Cook.  And if we don't get it, our punter has more room and the Texans start further away with less time on the clock making the FG attempt harder to obtain, or at least from even further away if they still pick some yards up.  

There is no ifs ands or buts about it...this was maybe the worst decision of the game and put is in a really bad spot that directly led to the events that lost us the game.  And its why McD was so pissed off on the sideline too.  Brady gave Josh multiple right choices and Allen instead took the worst choice he could make.

All valid points. Allen is a risk taking gunslinger. Sometimes it gets the best of him and hurts the team. Many other times he’s Superman.