Josh Allen Mvp and Liability.

Lfod

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

It was an overthrow.  We all love Josh but we don’t need to make excuses for him.

wrong wrong wrong

Hollins is desperately looking back for the ball FROM THE 35 YARD LINE AND IT LANDS AT THE 15. you cannot be a pro wideout and need 20 yards to locate and get under a throw over your shoulder. he butchers this

he is NOT an NFL level wideout...this is 100% poor WR play. cannot locate the ball, no body control, and it's not his fault because we put him in this role but this is bad WR play

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

wrong wrong wrong

Hollins is desperately looking back for the ball FROM THE 35 YARD LINE AND IT LANDS AT THE 15. you cannot be a pro wideout and need 20 yards to locate and get under a throw over your shoulder. he butchers this

he is NOT an NFL level wideout...this is 100% poor WR play. cannot locate the ball, no body control, and it's not his fault because we put him in this role but this is bad WR play

Lol the replay makes it look so much worse. He looks like a 9 year old in little league trying to catch a pop fly over their heads. Any real NFL WR and that is 6 easily. Allen even put a ton of loft under it which he usually fails to do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

wrong wrong wrong

There are like 60 guys in the NFL who score on this play. Maybe more.

I think Gabe scores here easy tbh.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

wrong wrong wrong

To me it looked like he was running full speed reaching way out and on tv the ball bounced off his finger tips. That was not a bucket. 

I would of let slide but Joshes first half passing kind of speaks for itself. 

Edited by Lfod

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

wrong wrong wrong

***** that is ugly to watch

I think what really promted me to post this was two particular parts of the game on TV. The first was Diggs doing his rodeo dance after getting yards.

The second is when Josh was walking off to the sidelines looking at McDermott all wild eyed. I had to tip my hat to Diggs because i feel like this loss has a lot to do with Josh.

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

To me it looked like he was running full speed reaching way out and on tv the ball bounced off his finger tips. That was not a bucket. 

I would of let slide but Joshes first half passing kind of speaks for itself. 

He very clearly slows down looking for the ball. He isn't an NFL WR, he is Jake Kumerow. We have the current equivalent to Jake Kumerow playing as our #1 WR.

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

wrong wrong wrong

He didn’t track the ball well, but Allen could’ve made the pass far easier to catch. As it is, it’s coming down on top of him because the ball is heading to the sideline, over his outside shoulder. If Josh leads him down the field where Hollins can look over his left shoulder and simply run under the ball, versus having it thrown above him headed to the sideline, it’s an easier catch to make. Have you ever played receiver? The placement here makes the completion more difficult than it had to be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Threads like this are proof what a caller on WGR said The Buffalo Bills cannot win football games when Josh is having a rough game. 

Stroud had two brutal turnovers and a brutal grounding call at key moments. 

Did anybody on this team at all make a key play to bail him out? NO

Did anybody on the Texans make a big play to bail stroud out see Nico Collins.

Josh is a damn good football player one of the best players on the planet but he is not a robot. 

Wasn’t the box score something like 1/9 24 yards pushing the end of the half?

Most teams in the NFL aren’t good enough to win games with that kind of performance in the passing game. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Ideally that pass would be thrown to the outside and over the right shoulder every time to avoid the safety. And I don't think Allen is watching what shoulder the WR is looking over 50 yards down the field. 

No, sir. If a receiver is running down the right side of the field he’s not looking over his right shoulder for the ball. It’ll always be his left, that’s how you adjust to the pass. I don’t have the field view to see if a safety was even in the vicinity, but from the replays it doesn’t look like that was an issue.

You know how Nico Collins roasted the secondary and was looking back over his left shoulder for the pass? Imagine how much more difficult the catch would’ve been if it was thrown over his opposite shoulder, headed toward the sideline. It was bad ball placement by Allen and it’s okay to admit that. 

4 minutes ago, Brand J said:

No, sir. If a receiver is running down the right side of the field he’s not looking over his right shoulder for the ball. It’ll always be his left, that’s how you adjust to the pass. I don’t have the field view to see if a safety was even in the vicinity, but from the replays it doesn’t look like that was an issue.

You know how Nico Collins roasted the secondary and was looking back over his left shoulder for the pass? Imagine how much more difficult the catch would’ve been if it was thrown over his opposite shoulder, headed toward the sideline. It was bad ball placement by Allen and it’s okay to admit that. 

I followed your instructions, and I'm just imagining Collins catching the ball easily and walking into the end zone. Was that the purpose of the thought exercise?

3 hours ago, bouds said:

Rare day where the D gave the O everything and got nothing in return. Reminded me of 2018-2019 days. Allen’s second guessing himself out there too, not let it rip, doesn’t trust some of his guys yet. 

Would you trust these dumpster dive wrs. With Shakir out we're down to 1 reliable guy (86)....McB have killed us this year. Wish I had some of that Von money to spend?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

wrong wrong wrong

It's definitely bad WR play but it's also a poor throw. He is so open that Allen can throw it anywhere towards the inside and it would be a much easier catch.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I followed your instructions, and I'm just imagining Collins catching the ball easily and walking into the end zone. Was that the purpose of the thought exercise?

My fault, I should’ve also included that the pass was a bit out of reach, like the one Allen threw. If you still imagine Nico running full speed, and having to adjust to a pass thrown to the wrong shoulder just out of reach, you have a vivid imagination 😂 It’s not as easy a catch as some of you believe, even for professional receivers. 

Just now, Process said:

It's definitely bad WR play but it's also a poor throw. He is so open that Allen can throw it anywhere towards the inside and it would be a much easier catch.

That’s the entire point right there. Ball needs to go inside over his left shoulder, the one he’s looking over. Not to the outside headed to the sideline. If the ball was inside and just a touch overthrown, it’s MUCH easier to catch than over the outside shoulder. 

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Would you trust these dumpster dive wrs. With Shakir out we're down to 1 reliable guy (86)....McB have killed us this year. Wish I had some of that Von money to spend?

I’m not even sure 86 is reliable. He’s had multiple drops on 3rd down last two weeks. 86 is not that special, not yet anyway. Tough group to win with. 

11 minutes ago, Brand J said:

My fault, I should’ve also included that the pass was a bit out of reach, like the one Allen threw. If you still imagine Nico running full speed, and having to adjust to a pass thrown to the wrong shoulder just out of reach, you have a vivid imagination 😂 It’s not as easy a catch as some of you believe, even for professional receivers. 

That’s the entire point right there. Ball needs to go inside over his left shoulder, the one he’s looking over. Not to the outside headed to the sideline. If the ball was inside and just a touch overthrown, it’s MUCH easier to catch than over the outside shoulder. 

The more I watch it the worse the throw looks. Really don't understand ripping Hollins on that one. It was just a bad throw. 

Sure he slows down to track it, but it's not easy to run full speed while twisting back to get to a ball over your outside shoulder. 

Josh had a TON of room for error and still missed it. 

29 minutes ago, Process said:

The more I watch it the worse the throw looks. Really don't understand ripping Hollins on that one. It was just a bad throw. 

Sure he slows down to track it, but it's not easy to run full speed while twisting back to get to a ball over your outside shoulder. 

Josh had a TON of room for error and still missed it. 

The fact he couldn’t run UNDER the ball is what caused him to slow up and have to track it over the wrong shoulder. If it was thrown with the same amount of velocity over the correct shoulder he doesn’t need to slow and can simply run under it for a TD. I know it’s popular to tar and feather Hollins right now, but that play isn’t all on him. It’s on both, with more blame on ball placement.