Josh Allen Mvp and Liability.

Lfod

57 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'll start by saying I understand the obligatory statement that I think Josh Allen is one of the greatest QBs of all time. When Josh Allen is at his best it  looks like he looks like a football machine sent from the future

At his worst it looks like Zack Wilson bust levels looking lost. After some seasons it seems clear to me now that this team will rise and fall to the level that Josh Allen does. 

The two losses remind me of what playoff losses have looked like for us. Ravens smashed the Bills like the Bengals did. Texans did today what KC has usually does to us and sneaks by because the offense is figured out.

The only difference is that today is that now I believe I can see what Diggs might of been hinting at. I love Josh but maybe he isn't all that serious and just leans on accolades and not going full cyborg all the time.

I’ve gotten 2 suspensions on here for my criticism of McDermott.

this post right here deserves a full out ban.

Doo doo bean post

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It was an overthrow.  We all love Josh but we don’t need to make excuses for him.

Wrong.  Hollins was slow and he turned first inside then outside to track that ball.  His lack of experience at the receiving end of deep throws cost us that TD.  Allen threw a great ball to the outside if Hollins runs the end of the pattern correctly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wrong.  Hollins was slow and he turned first inside then outside to track that ball.  His lack of experience at the receiving end of deep throws cost us that TD.  Allen threw a great ball to the outside if Hollins runs the end of the pattern correctly.

Or maybe Josh was supposed to lead him inside and was off? He doesn't hit many deep shots. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I saw it as long.  Much like the one to Kincaid was short.  We all love Josh but the deep ball is not his forte.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Coleman turned a 10 yard gain into a 50 yard TD - he bailed out Josh.

Bernard INT and the offense did nothing

Williams fumble recovery inside the redzone and the offense did nothing

Defense gave him a chance to win the game and he didn't make it happen this week.

Great play by Coleman on a 4th down pass.

Bernard INT gave the offense the ball at their own 19 yard line.  BTW that was a drive that started at the Texans 13and they drove it down to our 30.

After the fumble recovery the first snap was taken by Turbisky leaving only 2 for Allen. 

Defense played well in the 2nd half but was piss poor in the first half enabling the Texans to get out to a 17 - 3 lead.

38 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

He is broken, when he split from his first girlfriend he has a few clunker games, now this can only mean relationship whoas

FFS he broke up with his girlfriend and is now with Hailee Steinfeld for crying out. I don't think it's his love life here.

2 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

FFS he broke up with his girlfriend and is now with Hailee Steinfeld for crying out. I don't think it's his love life here.

Casuals still reference this as if his ex didn’t get a fake chest and become an absolute nobody. Truly failed at becoming an instagram influencer. Josh upped his love life. His issue is that he has Mack Hollins as a legitimate option 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Casuals still reference this as if his ex didn’t get a fake chest and become an absolute nobody. Truly failed at becoming an instagram influencer. Josh upped his love life. His issue is that he has Mack Hollins as a legitimate option 

Hollins actually got open several times and Allen missed him 

26 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I saw it as long.  Much like the one to Kincaid was short.  We all love Josh but the deep ball is not his forte.

Exactly how I saw it. A yard or two too far and over the wrong shoulder. Pass should’ve been lofted up there over his left shoulder so he wouldn’t have had to spin around. Shades of Gabe Davis at the end of the Eagles game. Allen seems to throw those bombs to the opposite shoulder the receiver is looking. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I've said this before - the worst thing this coaching staff and front office have done is tarnished Allen's legacy. Look no further than some of the posts on this board. Allen had a bad 1st half so that means he was the biggest reason the team lost. There are some who still blame him for the divisional round loss because of one play at the very end. The expectations on QB play around here have gotten so wildly out of touch with reality because we've grown used to the Bills losing to decent opponents whenever Allen doesn't play like his most elite self on every single drive. No other QB in the NFL has ever had that burden placed on them.

So because what Allen needs to do to drag this regime to a Super Bowl win is not a remotely realistic expectation, he will probably never win one and his legacy will take the hit instead of the deserved parties taking the blame. Or maybe he will go the Stafford route and win one elsewhere in his mid-30s.

I mean he went 9. I repeat 9. For 30.

that’s 9/30. In a dome. 

But in general yes. He’s played way better more times than not. And is our only prayer to win a chip. And I hate our coaches and drafted talent around him 

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

I believe our problem is coaching. I believe that we have a loaded roster but we lack the proper coaching on both sides of the ball. 

You believe we have a loaded roster? We clearly have poor depth, because after one WR injury Mack Hollins is our #1 WR and receiving target. We absolutely do not have a loaded roster, and it's partially by design (taking our medicine to load up again next season).

10 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

You believe we have a loaded roster? We clearly have poor depth, because after one WR injury Mack Hollins is our #1 WR and receiving target. We absolutely do not have a loaded roster, and it's partially by design (taking our medicine to load up again next season).

So Allen and our entire roster suddenly becomes subpar within a 5 game span? I’ll admit that we lack depth at safety and at WR but outside of that Buffalo has a rather robust roster. And who’s to blame for the regression of Allen, Kincaid and the disappointment of Curtis Samuel? Allen was 9/30 today, that’s not Allen, that’s coaching.

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

Exactly how I saw it. A yard or two too far and over the wrong shoulder. Pass should’ve been lofted up there over his left shoulder so he wouldn’t have had to spin around. Shades of Gabe Davis at the end of the Eagles game. Allen seems to throw those bombs to the opposite shoulder the receiver is looking. 

Ideally that pass would be thrown to the outside and over the right shoulder every time to avoid the safety. And I don't think Allen is watching what shoulder the WR is looking over 50 yards down the field. 

1 hour ago, McBean said:

I’ve gotten 2 suspensions on here for my criticism of McDermott.

this post right here deserves a full out ban.

Doo doo bean post

Context matters. If i was seriously trying to push the idea and get into circular arguments I could see them moderating me. I never post my own threads.

Its not really over the top to say Josh has a lot of MVP with some liability to cost a game sprinkled in. 

I can understand now why Diggs wanted to bail after that half.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

Hollins actually got open several times and Allen missed him 

After how many drops though?

You can't trust him even when he's open. It's a joke.

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

After how many drops though?

You can't trust him even when he's open. It's a joke.

If I were Allen I wouldn't throw the ball to Hollins unless it's one of those quick ones within 5 yards of the LOS. The guy is not a WR.

• Agree 1