Josh Allen Mvp and Liability.

Lfod

I'll start by saying I understand the obligatory statement that I think Josh Allen is one of the greatest QBs of all time. When Josh Allen is at his best it  looks like he looks like a football machine sent from the future

At his worst it looks like Zack Wilson bust levels looking lost. After some seasons it seems clear to me now that this team will rise and fall to the level that Josh Allen does. 

The two losses remind me of what playoff losses have looked like for us. Ravens smashed the Bills like the Bengals did. Texans did today what KC has usually does to us and sneaks by because the offense is figured out.

The only difference is that today is that now I believe I can see what Diggs might of been hinting at. I love Josh but maybe he isn't all that serious and just leans on accolades and not going full cyborg all the time.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

I'll start by saying I understand the obligatory statement that I think Josh Allen is one of the greatest QBs of all time. When Josh Allen is at his best it  looks like he looks like a football machine sent from the future

At his worst it looks like Zack Wilson bust levels looking lost. After some seasons it seems clear to me now that this team will rise and fall to the level that Josh Allen does. 

The two losses remind me of what playoff losses have looked like for us. Ravens smashed the Bills like the Bengals did. Texans did today what KC has usually does to us and sneaks by because the offense is figured out.

The only difference is that today is that now I believe I can see what Diggs might of been hinting at. I love Josh but maybe he isn't all that serious and just leans on accolades and not going full cyborg all the time.

In the play offs, Bengals aside, the offense (Josh) normally shows up. It's the defense and/or Special Teams which finds a way to lose the games.

And that final paragraph is pure stupidity. He's human - "full cyborg" is going to be a rare thing to happen, not something which is always there. You want to say there's a difference between Josh and, say, Mahomes? The latter has been bailed out by his coaches this year? Stroud? He did his best to give the game away today.

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I love hyperbole as much as the next guy, but man is this laying it on thick.  He didn't develop the game plan that targeted Mack Hollins, also I'm not sure how much better he could've thrown that one deep ball to Collins - that ball has to be caught.

He had an off game, but dude, let's have some objectivity here.  I get it, extreme takes get clicks and reactions (congrats, I bit and I'm responding) but this is some major butthurt, low level trolling you got going on here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There were drops all over the place, no one was getting open, he had little to no protection, and Brady KEPT CALLING RUNS ON FIRST DOWN, leaving us w/ a lot of 2nd & 3rd and long.

This thread is a complete overreaction.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The only difference is that today is that now I believe I can see what Diggs might have been hinting at. I love Josh but maybe he isn't all that serious and just leans on accolades and not going full cyborg all the time.

100. I knew the D and ST would be trash. And that are coaches won’t do anything to help us win in crunch time. What I didn’t expect is for Josh Allen to look absolutely like a rookie / can not manage the LoS / blitz . Doesn’t look like  he audibles . And generally doesn’t throw catchable balls. He’s REALLY uncomfortable throwing to nfl “covered” targets 

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

I love hyperbole as much as the next guy, but man is this laying it on thick.  He didn't develop the game plan that targeted Mack Hollins, also I'm not sure how much better he could've thrown that one deep ball to Collins - that ball has to be caught.

He had an off game, but dude, let's have some objectivity here.  I get it, extreme takes get clicks and reactions (congrats, I bit and I'm responding) but this is some major butthurt, low level trolling you got going on here

I don't know if it is that extreme of a take. Diggs leaves the team and Josh went out there for while looking like he is on a mission to justify Diggs choice to bail. 

Josh is obviously top notch in the game, just thinking out loud that maybe behind the scenes not being serious enough all the time to be prepping and thats the reason everything looks sloppy. 

Threads like this are proof what a caller on WGR said The Buffalo Bills cannot win football games when Josh is having a rough game. 

Stroud had two brutal turnovers and a brutal grounding call at key moments. 

Did anybody on this team at all make a key play to bail him out? NO

Did anybody on the Texans make a big play to bail stroud out see Nico Collins.

Josh is a damn good football player one of the best players on the planet but he is not a robot. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1

If anything he was pushing too hard today.  He wasn’t “on” today.  Three throws:

1.  Overthrows Hollis deep.

2.  Underthrows Kincaid deep.

3.  Flare to Samuel.  Throws it behind him when he had running room if he leads him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, balln said:

100. I knew the D and ST would be trash. And that are coaches won’t do anything to help us win in crunch time. What I didn’t expect is for Josh Allen to look absolutely like a rookie / can not manage the LoS / blitz . Doesn’t look like  he audibles . And generally doesn’t throw catchable balls. He’s REALLY uncomfortable throwing to nfl “covered” targets 

Garbage tier receivers but also Allen seems pretty checked out.  He's being coached to do something cant/won't do

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Threads like this are proof what a caller on WGR said The Buffalo Bills cannot win football games when Josh is having a rough game. 

Josh is a damn good football player one of the best players on the planet but he is not a robot. 

Kind of the same for any team 

• Like (+1) 1

Geez, I don’t know what to make of this since you have no evidence to support your assertion.  Nana.  The last 2 games they have had to desert whatever game plan they’ve had because of being so far behind early.  Josh plays freer with a lead.  His eyes seem to be saying this is not what I expected.  I don’t know if this is on the coaches where they don’t prepare him for this eventuality or he can’t think on feet.  His eyes give the impression of lack of confidence the first half lately.  Does he lack confidence in his coaches/game plan, WRs, or his on analysis of the D.  I think Tom Terrific knew where the ball was going before taking the snap.  I think Josh is coached to go through progressions and making it happen on the fly.  In addition, they have stunted his playmaking by making him worried about INTs and running the ball.  Many have said let Josh be Josh.  Overall, I think we’ll be okay.  Every team in Jan is not the same team they were in Sept/Oct.

With all the players out on defense, plus Shakir who at this point is the only highly reliable WR we have also being out, overall not thta surprised at the outcome and overall how they played. 

The one area that does concern me the past two weeks is how weak the O-line seems to have looked as Allen seemed to be running for his life much of the game.    Dawkins may have been dinged up, that may have added to things.  Did Texans send the house quite a bit, maybe that was their plan send a lot of guys as with out Shakir, wasn't worried about needing more than 4 or 5 backs to cover everyone?

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

this is the perfect summary of the game today.  It’s also why McD needs to go.  Zero help, awful game planning and crunch time calls, too much focus on D, and no top WE talent around JA.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Geez, I don’t know what to make of this since you have no evidence to support your assertion.  Nana.  The last 2 games they have had to desert whatever game plan they’ve had because of being so far behind early.  Josh plays freer with a lead.  His eyes seem to be saying this is not what I expected.  I don’t know if this is on the coaches where they don’t prepare him for this eventuality or he can’t think on feet.  His eyes give the impression of lack of confidence the first half lately.  Does he lack confidence in his coaches/game plan, WRs, or his on analysis of the D.  I think Tom Terrific knew where the ball was going before taking the snap.  I think Josh is coached to go through progressions and making it happen on the fly.  In addition, they have stunted his playmaking by making him worried about INTs and running the ball.  Many have said let Josh be Josh.  Overall, I think we’ll be okay.  Every team in Jan is not the same team they were in Sept/Oct.

Its a gut feeling I had after todays game. Im not even complaining. I love Josh Allen and think you can win a SB with him but today in my mind was on him. 

Edited by Lfod

25 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The only difference is that today is that now I believe I can see what Diggs might have been hinting at. I love Josh but maybe he isn't all that serious and just leans on accolades and not going full cyborg all the time.

They’ve coached it out of him. He’s soft now. That on top of his Hollywood GF. He doesn’t want to get his face dirty it might cost him another GF 

• Eyeroll 1