Do we trust McBeane in next years draft.

Buffalo Boy

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Which players. Honest question, not being argumentative GBF

Spencer brown was absolutely despised on here Terrell Bernard too for sure.  There’s really a lot of people calling all our picks busts at various times on here 🤣 so nearly any good draft pick you could say it about haha 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have full trust in Beane, that offensive series when we had it with 49 seconds to go on their 5 yard line is absolutely completely and totally unacceptable.

Sure.  Trade out of the first round with your conference rival again and draft another 1 dimensional offensive player with your 2nd round pick.

Or maybe overdraft another defensive "raw" talent guy in the first that takes 2-3 years to develop

56 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s a deep defensive draft Beane has ten picks he won’t be able to help himself 

This is a legit concern of mine!

And, that said defensive players will be high character process guys who aren’t difference makers.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Benford is great, Douglas was great but has had a slower start to this year.   Carter is lookin like a hit on a draft pick while we’re making snap judgements on drafted players way too early…or can only ‘bust’ be assigned early 🤣

Admittedly, they seem to definitely have an eye for DBs and LBs that used to be called “ Tweeners” due to their lack of size but good skills otherwise.    
   It isn’t enough. On D you have to have a good front four. Oliver and Rousseau are their best picks but neither are game changers on a consistent basis. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Allen was still in the tent. You can't pop in the tent and say "how long will he be?" 

I watched with my 16 year old, and he was like it's 1st down, here comes the run again. Painfully predictable. Even with Trubisky in, I would of liked to have seen a quick pass. Where is Knox? Why not throw a WR screen to Coleman. A big WR, who has a chance to break a tackle. This offense is fundamentally broken right now.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Admittedly, they seem to definitely have an eye for DBs and LBs that used to be called “ Tweeners” due to their lack of size but good skills otherwise.    
   It isn’t enough. On D you have to have a good front four. Oliver and Rousseau are their best picks but neither are game changers on a consistent basis. 

Early returns so far but Carter was the bills ‘star’ of the game (if you had to pick one 🤣) in my opinion.  I would love the irony if he turns out to be great after the trade down with kc was such a big issue for people 

37 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Spencer brown was absolutely despised on here Terrell Bernard too for sure.  There’s really a lot of people calling all our picks busts at various times on here 🤣 so nearly any good draft pick you could say it about haha 

The Shakir hate was Strong on here before last season, now people think he’s the bomb. I agree on Bernard too, 

Brown is another story. He’s in JAG territory for me but he’s high motor and shows up and has a nasty side to him. I thing resigning him was a 50/50 imo. I can see both sides of it.

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I watched with my 16 year old, and he was like it's 1st down, here comes the run again. Painfully predictable. Even with Trubisky in, I would of liked to have seen a quick pass. Where is Knox? Why not throw a WR screen to Coleman. A big WR, who has a chance to break a tackle. This offense is fundamentally broken right now.

Now now! 

It's Complimentary Football by McD.

Otherwise known as trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. 

He'll figure out out sooner or later.  They typically do.  Might take him another for our five seasons though.  Let The Process play out.

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

The Shakir hate was Strong on here before last season, now people think he’s the bomb. I agree on Bernard too, 

Brown is another story. He’s in JAG territory for me but he’s high motor and shows up and has a nasty side to him. I thing resigning him was a 50/50 imo. I can see both sides of it.

Oh yea you could argue that…but he was overwhelmingly given up on on these boards so him holding his own is a pretty big mismatch with how he was talked about haha 

shakir could be one of those types too but I figured he needs some more time to make a call on it 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Early returns so far but Carter was the bills ‘star’ of the game (if you had to pick one 🤣) in my opinion.  I would love the irony if he turns out to be great after the trade down with kc was such a big issue for people 

Carter? Do you mean Coleman?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Rousseau was up against a backup rookie RT today.  Who won that matchup?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Carter? Do you mean Coleman?

No sir…the guy we got with the supposedly meaningless pick upgrade in that trade down lol. Rookie DT 

I think you are who I’ve been having the ‘we give up on young players too early in this board’ convo but Carter has looked like a difference maker right away 

I think Coleman is progressing pretty well…that’s not who I was talking about though 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Early returns on this years class seem to be in line against proper expectations.

Coleman - Pacing for 750 yards and 8 TDs as a rookie - not bad

Bishop - Hurt early, supposed to a backup but being thrust into a starting role

Carter - Looks really solid.  Like him a lot and he made plays this week

Davis - Average backup RB.  Meh pick so far

Soloman looks really good.  I think he is a homerun pick frankly.

So yes, I trust Beane for the draft.  In fact, Beane has shown be a top 5-7 drafting GM in the league.

A lot of other things to complain about over Beane's draft ability.

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Early returns on this years class seem to be in line against proper expectations.

Coleman - Pacing for 750 yards and 8 TDs as a rookie - not bad

Bishop - Hurt early, supposed to a backup but being thrust into a starting role

Carter - Looks really solid.  Like him a lot and he made plays this week

Davis - Average backup RB.  Meh pick so far

Soloman looks really good.  I think he is a homerun pick frankly.

So yes, I trust Beane for the draft.  In fact, Beane has shown be a top 5-7 drafting GM in the league.

A lot of other things to complain about over Beane's draft ability.

Yea people look at how many hits/busts he has without context.  You’ve gotta look at the other perennially good teams that are drafting in the late first year in and year out 

the chiefs whiff all the time and they are a well run franchise.  Late first there really are no sure things 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan