Do we trust McBeane in next years draft.

Buffalo Boy

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Quick, name 5 players on this roster who would sign top 15-20 money at their position if they were FA tomorrow. Not including Josh.

What do you mean not including Josh? Josh is the best player on our roster, you can’t just leave him out..

To answer your question: Josh Allen, James Cook, Christian Benford, Gregory Rousseau… O’Cyrus Torrence and perhaps Terrell Bernard to a lesser degree…

I believe strongly that our issues are that of a coaching nature..

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Got me there. But Cook, Kincaid, Bernard, Dawkins, Benford, Rousuue (sp?) Moss, Phillips, Edmund, T. Johnson, Levi. Come on man. He’s close to Polian. Polian didn’t have to deal with a salary cap for most of his time. But Beane is the real deal.

Dawkins also was drafted before Beane was here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I think it depends on your definition of "good"

I think he's good at finding McDermott-type process guys, who fit a certain mold. Team-first. Leadership-capable. Most of his picks will go on to contribute on game day, but the impact of said contributions certainly won't jump off the page.

But aside from Josh, he simply hasn't drafted a single stud who can change the fortune of a game.

And I'm not sure how fair it is to hold that against him, being as the Aaron Donald's and Chris Jones' and Travis Kelce's of the world don't grow on trees... but in seven drafts, you'd think he'd have come up with at least ONE other player in that hemisphere of talent.

Because just ONE MORE player of Allen's caliber instantly changes the outcome of several games over the last seven years.

which is why his tenure hangs on Josh They dont draft Josh both are long gone  I'd argue his middle of the road drafting has led us to pay lot of $ to retain guys who are borderline  We really better off paying good $$ for Knox, Brown, Oliver  Only other difference maker is Milano and he's always broken  Not to mention the albatross of Von Millers massive payday  We dont have studs other than Josh

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

Aren’t we tho? Draft an undersized (another term for always at risk for injury) at LB, a rotational DE, an undersized DT, a 4th string WR, another DB, and gotta get another RB in there, because the league cares about running the ball anymore. 

that should sum up their roster strategy 

I meant between the two. 

Who's really calling the shots.  

7 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Got me there. But Cook, Kincaid, Bernard, Dawkins, Benford, Rousuue (sp?) Moss, Phillips, Edmund, T. Johnson, Levi. Come on man. He’s close to Polian. Polian didn’t have to deal with a salary cap for most of his time. But Beane is the real deal.

When he gets to Superbowls, then he will be close to Polian, until then, he's not.

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't think the drafts are the problem.  Beane has been above average overall when it comes to the draft.

I would argue that the high draft picks ( rounds 1,2) have been feast or famine.

The Josh pick was a gamble , imo, and I am forever thankful for it but It has bought him as much leeway as it will.

👍Kincaid, Torrence, Cook

🫳🏻Rousseau, Oliver

👎Edmunds, Ford, Epenesa, Basham, Elam

Not including this year( too early) but if I did Coleman/Big No, Bishop/ Yes

what I don’t know is how much did McD have to do with these early picks. 
Third rounders have seen a lot of time but none were/are amaziNg.

Fourth and on some good hay was made. Maybe because Beane had more say, I don’t know. 

What I do know is Polian( the standard for me of Bill’s GMs.) crushed it with future HOFers as well as crazy good contributors. Apples to Oranges probably but Beane has Josh as the only Gold Star draft pick. Seven years and not one Crazy good, game changing pick??? Some of that could be due to misuse ( Kincaid, Rookie Cook) 

5 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

One can never have enough undersized linebackers who cannot stay on the field, slow corners who blow coverage's , defensive linemen who cannot sack the QB and tight ends who don't get schemed open consistently ...

Benford is great, Douglas was great but has had a slower start to this year.   Carter is lookin like a hit on a draft pick while we’re making snap judgements on drafted players way too early…or can only ‘bust’ be assigned early 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

which is why his tenure hangs on Josh They dont draft Josh both are long gone  I'd argue his middle of the road drafting has led us to pay lot of $ to retain guys who are borderline  We really better off paying good $$ for Knox, Brown, Oliver  Only other difference maker is Milano and he's always broken  Not to mention the albatross of Von Millers massive payday  We dont have studs other than Josh

Yep, 100%

I think Oliver and Brown are on reasonable deals for upper-level starters. Knox (and Kincaid frankly) I don't even know how to judge since we never game plan around either of them. I suppose that fact in itself makes it a poor contract.

I like the idea of McBeane's commitment to home grown talent, but the actual reality of it hasn't borne much fruit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

What do you mean not including Josh? Josh is the best player on our roster, you can’t just leave him out..

To answer your question: Josh Allen, James Cook, Christian Benford, Gregory Rousseau… O’Cyrus Torrence and perhaps Terrell Bernard to a lesser degree…

I believe strongly that our issues are that of a coaching nature..

O'Cyrus Torrence is arguably one of the worst OG's in football right now. You can't believe this.

• Vomit 1

Just now, FireChans said:

O'Cyrus Torrence is arguably one of the worst OG's in football right now. You can't believe this.

Torrence had a few bad games but has shown a ton of promise at RG overall.. I’m focused on the big picture, not just a game or two..

I think you got me all wrong, I am not posting out of anger. Since McDermott has taken the team over in 2017 I’ve been a loyal supporter. I don’t come on here after every loss and post drunk nonsense. Whether it be the 13 seconds or drafting Tremaine Edmunds or whatever major blunder you can think of, I’ve supported him.. till now..

I love McD, I think he’s a hell of a coach and an extraordinary person, just not the right coach for Buffalo.. it would take a Super Bowl win or an extraordinary finish to change my mind.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk y’all whined about the trade down with the chiefs and Dewayne Carter looks very good.  Coleman seems like he’s got promise too 

there’s a pretty good track record of everyone giving up on picks far too early on this board then they turn into good players 

Which players. Honest question, not being argumentative GBF

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I would argue that the high draft picks ( rounds 1,2) have been feast or famine.

The Josh pick was a gamble , imo, and I am forever thankful for it but It has bought him as much leeway as it will.

👍Kincaid, Torrence, Cook

🫳🏻Rousseau, Oliver

👎Edmunds, Ford, Epenesa, Basham, Elam

Not including this year( too early) but if I did Coleman/Big No, Bishop/ Yes

what I don’t know is how much did McD have to do with these early picks. 
Third rounders have seen a lot of time but none were/are amaziNg.

Fourth and on some good hay was made. Maybe because Beane had more say, I don’t know. 

What I do know is Polian( the standard for me of Bill’s GMs.) crushed it with future HOFers as well as crazy good contributors. Apples to Oranges probably but Beane has Josh as the only Gold Star draft pick. Seven years and not one Crazy good, game changing pick??? Some of that could be due to misuse ( Kincaid, Rookie Cook) 

I think people still have this perception that we’re drafting early/mid 1st round for some reason and your Coleman big no comment definitely gives me that vibe.  Malik Nabers is not the bar for comparison when you’re drafting in the late first which I’ve seen some people in here trying to argue lol 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

While you are all tripping over yourselves starting Fire McD threads , it ain’t happening any time soon.
    As previously stated, I would have last January. He blew our best chance with 13 seconds, (they) doubled down on trying to ride out that aging squad and now we are in a rebuild. A bunch didn’t want to hear it but it is where we are. This roster is not good and is also not being correctly used. 

Assuming, they are both still here and allowed to use the veritable bounty of pics next year to rebuild this roster, do you trust them? 
    I don’t. 
    I don’t trust them to pick the right wideout(s). Wasn’t a Coleman fan and not really of any of their WR draft picks. Diggs, Beasely and Brown were the best group IMO and none of them were our draft picks. I don’t have a problem with FA or trades in WR acquisition but they haven’t been doing well in that regard lately, both in who and how they are used.
    I don’t trust them to pick the right D linemen. I also don’t trust them not to prioritize D line over other needs and then get it wrong again. 
    I don’t trust them to get a linebacker big enough to do the job AND stay healthy. 
    Their O line picking is kinda middle of the road. Morris, McGovern, Teller ( good pick, bad decision to let him go) and Torrence were good acquisitions.

Im not a Brown fan and O line has never been very good.

They seem amazing at DBs and small LBs but it’s not enough.

Finally, regarding picking WRs next year. If we do, standard thought is it will be 2027 before any of those picks might be ready. That is too long to give these two as Josh’s prime is ticking away.

I'm sure the scouting dept. falls in here somewhere......

22 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

One can never have enough undersized linebackers who cannot stay on the field, slow corners who blow coverage's , defensive linemen who cannot sack the QB and tight ends who don't get schemed open consistently ...

Bernard is an all-pro

I get you’re mad an irrational but my god dude relax a second.