Do we trust McBeane in next years draft.

Buffalo Boy

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly think Beane is a good drafter.

We have had two critical issues in the postseason, outside coaching..

Big time injuries on the defense and a fundamental lack of investment at WR. 

The defense will, potentially, get everyone back at some point this season. 

The offense can salvaged by adding a legitimate WR to this room via trade.   It would be great to have that 2 from the Diggs trade, but you can’t just throw away a season for a draft pick. 

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I haven’t trusted Beane in drafts since he passed on DK and AJ Brown for Cody Ford.

His entire resume is Josh Allen… the end.

Seriously? Milano, White, Shakir, Bernard, Ottorence (sp?), Cook, Kincaid, Knox, Dawkins. Want to go to free agents? Rasul, Hyde, Poyer, Morris. Please stop respectfully.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We aren't privy to the arrangement between Beane & McD re: roster strategy.

Aren’t we tho? Draft an undersized (another term for always at risk for injury) at LB, a rotational DE, an undersized DT, a 4th string WR, another DB, and gotta get another RB in there, because the league cares about running the ball anymore. 

that should sum up their roster strategy 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Allen was still in the tent. You can't pop in the tent and say "how long will he be?" 

Thank you, if that is the case.  But it seemed on TV, Allen came out of the tent, before the play was run. 

Edited by Chaos

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Aren’t we tho? Draft an undersized (another term for always at risk for injury) at LB, a rotational DE, an undersized DT, a 4th string WR, another DB, and gotta get another RB in there, because the league cares about running the ball anymore. 

that should sum up their roster strategy 

I’ll concede I’m sick of undersized players.

• Agree 1

Just now, Chaos said:

Thank you, if that is the case.  But it seemed on TV, Allen came out of the tent, before the play was run. 

I thought I heard CD say Josh was still in the tent when the Bills went onto the field. Maybe I heard him wrong or maybe he was wrong but that was what I thought he said.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Seriously? Milano, White, Shakir, Bernard, Ottorence (sp?), Cook, Kincaid, Knox, Dawkins. Want to go to free agents? Rasul, Hyde, Poyer, Morris. Please stop respectfully.

Hyde, Poyer, Dawkins & White were on the team when Beane took the job. Extending Knox would get you fired at your job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought I heard CD say Josh was still in the tent when the Bills went onto the field. Maybe I heard him wrong or maybe he was wrong but that was what I thought he said.

Just rewatched, Allen had his helmet before the play was run.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

As a longtime supporter of Coach McD, my support is drying up. I would be okay with Brandon Beane staying on as GM though. There is more than enough talent on this roster, the game planning is getting sloppy and that’s the coaches fault, not Beane’s.

Quick, name 5 players on this roster who would sign top 15-20 money at their position if they were FA tomorrow. Not including Josh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly think Beane is a good drafter.

We have had two critical issues in the postseason, outside coaching..

Big time injuries on the defense and a fundamental lack of investment at WR. 

The defense will, potentially, get everyone back at some point this season. 

The offense can salvaged by adding a legitimate WR to this room via trade.   It would be great to have that 2 from the Diggs trade, but you can’t just throw away a season for a draft pick. 

I think it depends on your definition of "good"

I think he's good at finding McDermott-type process guys, who fit a certain mold. Team-first. Leadership-capable. Most of his picks will go on to contribute on game day, but the impact of said contributions certainly won't jump off the page.

But aside from Josh, he simply hasn't drafted a single stud who can change the fortune of a game.

And I'm not sure how fair it is to hold that against him, being as the Aaron Donald's and Chris Jones' and Travis Kelce's of the world don't grow on trees... but in seven drafts, you'd think he'd have come up with at least ONE other player in that hemisphere of talent.

Because just ONE MORE player of Allen's caliber instantly changes the outcome of several games over the last seven years.

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Both White and Milano weren’t even his picks, and those are the two best players of the guys you listed… So there’s that…

He’s found some ok players here and there, nothing really special when you take off your homer glasses, and if you throw enough darts you’re going to hit the board occasionally, but I’d hardly call any of his picks outside of Josh “bulls eyes”.