Do we trust McBeane in next years draft.

Buffalo Boy

While you are all tripping over yourselves starting Fire McD threads , it ain’t happening any time soon.
    As previously stated, I would have last January. He blew our best chance with 13 seconds, (they) doubled down on trying to ride out that aging squad and now we are in a rebuild. A bunch didn’t want to hear it but it is where we are. This roster is not good and is also not being correctly used. 

Assuming, they are both still here and allowed to use the veritable bounty of pics next year to rebuild this roster, do you trust them? 
    I don’t. 
    I don’t trust them to pick the right wideout(s). Wasn’t a Coleman fan and not really of any of their WR draft picks. Diggs, Beasely and Brown were the best group IMO and none of them were our draft picks. I don’t have a problem with FA or trades in WR acquisition but they haven’t been doing well in that regard lately, both in who and how they are used.
    I don’t trust them to pick the right D linemen. I also don’t trust them not to prioritize D line over other needs and then get it wrong again. 
    I don’t trust them to get a linebacker big enough to do the job AND stay healthy. 
    Their O line picking is kinda middle of the road. Morris, McGovern, Teller ( good pick, bad decision to let him go) and Torrence were good acquisitions.

Im not a Brown fan and O line has never been very good.

They seem amazing at DBs and small LBs but it’s not enough.

Finally, regarding picking WRs next year. If we do, standard thought is it will be 2027 before any of those picks might be ready. That is too long to give these two as Josh’s prime is ticking away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have full trust in Beane, that offensive series when we had it with 49 seconds to go on their 5 yard line is absolutely completely and totally unacceptable.

I still don't understand why we did not call a time out to get allen back on the field instead of Trubisky. 

• Like (+1) 2

As a longtime supporter of Coach McD, my support is drying up. I would be okay with Brandon Beane staying on as GM though. There is more than enough talent on this roster, the game planning is getting sloppy and that’s the coaches fault, not Beane’s.

• Agree 2

Nope. Allen is a gem. When you have a chip like Josh Allen and only make it to one conference championship game in 7 years….I think there has to be an expiration date.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nope. Allen is a gem. When you have a chip like Josh Allen and only make it to one conference championship game in 7 years….I think there has to be an expiration date.

Allen has covered up a lot of ills on this team, but I think the talent level on O has dropped below a threshold now so Allen cant/won't do superman anymore.  He's obviously miserable and if I were him I'd take a couple weeks off to make sure he didn't scramble his brain.  Maybe watching the team lose 5 or 6 games in a row will get ownership involved.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I still don't understand why we did not call a time out to get allen back on the field instead of Trubisky. 

Allen was still in the tent. You can't pop in the tent and say "how long will he be?" 

• Disagree 1

I honestly think Beane is a good drafter.

We have had two critical issues in the postseason, outside coaching..

Big time injuries on the defense and a fundamental lack of investment at WR. 

The defense will, potentially, get everyone back at some point this season. 

The offense can salvaged by adding a legitimate WR to this room via trade.   It would be great to have that 2 from the Diggs trade, but you can’t just throw away a season for a draft pick. 

Idk y’all whined about the trade down with the chiefs and Dewayne Carter looks very good.  Coleman seems like he’s got promise too 

there’s a pretty good track record of everyone giving up on picks far too early on this board then they turn into good players 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Pre1236 said:

The deepest WR draft in years and they took the 8th receiver off the board. Why would we trust them?

And that would have been fine. Had they at least double dipped. Considering the fact that you can’t guarantee draft picks always work out. I mean why would they question it, Elam has shown them how great of a pick he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Allen was still in the tent. You can't pop in the tent and say "how long will he be?" 

This board is unhinged haha which is funny to me because there’s so many valid criticisms and people are still saying ridiculous things.  Blowing a timeout to see if josh will maybe make it back for the next play is idiotic.  Some guys are in the protocol for multiple series or the rest of the game even.  Of course these genius armchair coaches get to see Josh come back the next play and say ‘why didn’t they just call timeout’ 😂

being an amateur coach is really easy when you get to watch what happens and criticize decisions based on the outcome lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1