Josh Allen - is he playing injured?

GoBills!

13 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

100%, that ball to Hollins was over the opposite shoulder. So he needed to be at absolute top speed, reverse shoulders, and nearly catch directly over him. Would have been an incredible catch. People don't understand you can't see above your helmet. It needs to be on the shoulder to track the damn thing. The ball to Coleman on the sidelines might be a result of a bad route but it wasn't there. He missed several others today as well. He did have a few drops yes. It went both ways as it usually does. 

It was one of his worst performances since his rookie year. Josh is looking physically beat to hell and it might be entering his brain at this point. He's still the entire franchise and then some but the lengths people will go to in order to never critique him is just bonkers. Not good that we have the Jets next week. They have made him see ghosts plenty of times before. A roll over opponent is really needed for some confidence. 

Josh gets railed after a good game by 10-15 people on this board. I don’t critique Josh too much cause quite frankly any QB not named Patrick Mahomes couldnt win with the ***** they keep putting around him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I liked it better when Allen was a turnover machine and the Bills won.

His hand is definitely hurt. He isn't getting any designed runs which need to be part of his game

Edited by dma0034
Wrong thread

I think Josh hurt his left shoulder last week on the terrible trick play.

I think it was 2021 when he hurt his left shoulder. The Bills made no big deal out of it, but one of the TV pundits (maybe Orlovsky?) made a point that non-throwing shoulder injury makes a QB sail balls high, and takes 4 weeks to heal. He was sailing them today, and that stretch in ‘21.

4 weeks puts Josh back to normal for the Seahawks game on 10/27.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hollins looked so damn slow on that deep miss. Like 4.7 slow...

He put on a great move and smoked his man……. The only one at fault was Josh by throwing it too far.  Just like he did the entire game.  Could hollins have caught it?  Sure……but it was still a poor pass to a WIDE OPEN WR.  Don’t get me started on the pass to Kincaid.  Or all the other passes he threw up to give his guy a chance…..only to have the ball sail OOB

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh gets railed after a good game by 10-15 people on this board. I don’t critique Josh too much cause quite frankly any QB not named Patrick Mahomes couldnt win with the ***** they keep putting around him. 

He sucked

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Yup. I’m super insufferable. But I’ll tell you what, I was right about this coach and this team this season when everyone else thought I was INSUFFERABLE. I guess I’ll just have to live with being insufferable when I’m right. Man it always sucks being this insufferable. 

The QB was the biggest problem today. 

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

No you just don’t want to admit he’s played like absolute crap these last 2 weeks. Y’all can point fingers at Brady and the WRs as much as you like (not that I’m defending them) but there’s absolutely zero excuse for going 25/59 in back to back games. He’s been missing throws left and right and handling pressure terribly. 

💯 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I agree. @Simon Mentioned the last game he thought Allen hurt his throwing shoulder. I am leaning toward that myself now seeing the lack of power on the deep ball to Kincaid and a couple that hit the dirt. After what we thought was a concussion, he mouthed to the training staff "Chest". I would MRI the shoulder and chest area tomorrow.

I have about 200 box tops from Frosted Flakes.  Is that enough to cover tuition at the medical school where all you geniuses went?

My immediate thought after the trick play was that he hurt his throwing elbow again. The way he reacted made me think he knew right away. Then seeing him with a sleeve on his elbow during the week and a full sleeve on his arm this game makes me think I might be right. 

12 hours ago, GoBills! said:

I have noticed his mechanics are off a little bit since the stupid flea flicker play in Baltimore. Then today he went to the tent again. Prior to the tent he seemed to have a different release than game 1 and 2. Anyone think it’s a collar bone, shoulder injury, or deep muscle bruise. 

It amazes me how many experts we have on this board. To be able to read, break down and analyze a QBs mechanics compare them accurately from memory to games a month ago and deduce exactly what play may or may not have been responsible to the mechanics being altered on the spot is an amazing gift. I really hope whatever team surly employs you is compensating you fairly.

Can we not do this again this year? Anytime Josh has a poor game or a string of subpar play someone has to do the "Is Josh injured" thread. 

We are 5 games into the season. Almost every player is playing with some injuries by now. Yet Allen is the only one that gets the benefit of injury excuse for poor play. Where's the "Is Dawkins injured" thread. Answer to that is yes, he was playing injured yesterday. But I'm sure everyone has the same empathy for him, right?

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

He put on a great move and smoked his man……. The only one at fault was Josh by throwing it too far.  Just like he did the entire game.  Could hollins have caught it?  Sure……but it was still a poor pass to a WIDE OPEN WR.  Don’t get me started on the pass to Kincaid.  Or all the other passes he threw up to give his guy a chance…..only to have the ball sail OOB

He sucked

The QB was the biggest problem today. 

💯

Proving my point 

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you think mahomes could win with our offense and mclappy you are delusional. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He did win with MVS and Toney 

And juju whi previously had a 1500 yard season and the best tight end of all time who had 7 straight 1,000+ yard seasons. So sick of this comparison , this team's weapons are dog ***** even compared to a watered down team like the 2022 chiefs. 

4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

And juju whi previously had a 1500 yard season and the best tight end of all time who had 7 straight 1,000+ yard seasons. So sick of this comparison , this team's weapons are dog ***** even compared to a watered down team like the 2022 chiefs. 

Oh I agree and he has one of the greatest TEs of all time as his safety valve I’m just pointing out it would take someone of Pats talent level to win with the skill talent here. 

• Like (+1) 1