Honestly I blame Joe Marino

Sharky7337

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

We played an absolutely terrible game of football in the first half, played about 50% of what we had shown we were capable of weeks 1-3 and managed to out score our opponent 17-6 in the 2nd half.

The sky isn’t falling, we don’t suck. A young team is learning. 

Go read a book, watch a movie, or push a kid off a bicycle. Literally just do anything that gets you off of here for a week. 

Ok McDermott we know that's you!

But are they Tremaine Edmunds young? Or just young?

• Eyeroll 1

C'mon we're really blaming the podcasters? It's Joe Marino's fault? Really?

Not 1 podcaster made a single decision that effected any game. They didn't draft or acquire players, hire coaches, make roster decisions, play calls, or make any game management decisions. Nor did they play badly. 

Fire all the podcasters & replace them, won't change anything. Let's take a deep breath, focus, & keep the blame where it belongs, in the Bills building.

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Ok McDermott we know that's you!

But are they Tremaine Edmunds young? Or just young?

I know, it’s such shame that I am level-headed and rational instead of being a drunk moron. 

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

And the rest of the Bills media who spouted the same false narratives that has everyone all up in arms.

And honestly no offense to Joe but I have heard enough Hope-ium laced podcasts and episodes devoted to players that are not that good but touted as great (Edmunds cough). It's not really about him but the media in geneal that never really presses them at all for answers.

Over the top yes, it is a bit. But hear me out.

I mean it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone our WR room is a weakness.

But the first two weeks we won 2 games and then they started spewing the off-season garbage

The narrative:

"everybody eats"

The truth:

We don't have a number one. 

And then the ravens game leading up they came up with narrative number 2:

The narrative:

"Bad matchup"

And stuck with that after.

The truth:

If you don't have a plan to defend against the team who was the number one seed the year before on your conference, your probably not doing your job right. All the injuries aside.

The truth is our defense was exposed as what it has historically been, bad tackling and soft.

Then we have to hear podcasts and coverage about how great mack hollins looks and what a good team mate and blocker he is. Sounds familiar?

Just another narrative. Then in games he's garbage, as expected. I mean Josh is not absolved of his role in a bad performance, but please someone get this guy off the field.

Our media needs to stop selling the fans narratives to appease McDermott and sell their credibility for team access.

Fans shouldn't be blowing up and melting down on the board after this loss. This was going to be a tougher year for us.

They just sold you narratives and gave you hope. 

They should be asking tough questions about the numerous times we have choked away games and decision making.

It’s worth listening to the media that parrots the company line. It’s easy to spot them since they all seem to get the same memo at the same time and say the same thing. The “everyone eats/we are gonna spread the ball around” shtick started like that. All it told me was that the team wanted me and the rest of the fans to believe WR wasn’t going to be a problem. And when they have to sell the fans that hard on something like that, then we should all know it’s gonna be a problem. Because they know it’s a problem.

And the rest of the Bills media who spouted the same false narratives that has everyone all up in arms.

And honestly no offense to Joe but I have heard enough Hope-ium laced podcasts and episodes devoted to players that are not that good but touted as great (Edmunds cough). It's not really about him but the media in geneal that never really presses them at all for answers.

But the first two weeks we won 2 games and then they started spewing the off-season garbage

The narrative:

"everybody eats"

The truth:

The narrative:

"Bad matchup"

The truth:

If you don't have a plan to defend against the team who was the number one seed the year before on your conference, your probably not doing your job right. All the injuries aside.

The truth is our defense was exposed as what it has historically been, bad tackling and soft.

Then we have to hear podcasts and coverage about how great mack hollins looks and what a good team mate and blocker he is. Sounds familiar?

Just another narrative. Then in games he's garbage, as expected. I mean Josh is not absolved of his role in a bad performance, but please someone get this guy off the field.

Our media needs to stop selling the fans narratives to appease McDermott and sell their credibility for team access.

Fans shouldn't be blowing up and melting down on the board after this loss. This was going to be a tougher year for us.

They should be asking tough questions about the numerous times we have choked away games and decision making.

This is what the fans want. Look at how they reacted to the Tyler Dunn piece. How do you think they would react to a piece that is critical of Beane? If I was a betting man it will go full circle again. At some point this year fans will be talking about how we turned it around and Beane is a witch. We will likely win our division and get a bit of excitement for the postseason. Eventually we will exit, most likely in the divisional around, because we just aren't good enough to move any further. We don't have the talent and we don't have the coaching. This has been going on for years now. Our fan base needs to wake up. The Bills only support press that gives them layups and the fans keep eating it up. If you expect Terry to be the one that initiates change please have another. It will only happen when the fans demand it.  

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Cover 1 does this a lot when they fellate Cam Lewis 

Cover1 is great.

First it was, we shouldn't trade Diggs and we can't trade Diggs

Then it was, wow we did trade Diggs

Then it was, wow we are better without Diggs.

All over the course of 3 months.

Selling false-hope to Bills fans is an economic lesson. This fanbase is so starved for a championship, we are the perfect customer for "why Dalton Kincaid may be TE1 next year" hype content.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

We played an absolutely terrible game of football in the first half, played about 50% of what we had shown we were capable of weeks 1-3 and managed to out score our opponent 17-6 in the 2nd half.

The sky isn’t falling, we don’t suck. A young team is learning. 

Go read a book, watch a movie, or push a kid off a bicycle. Literally just do anything that gets you off of here for a week. 

Mack Hollins and MVS are old. Samuel is 28. Rasul Douglas is 100. Hamlin is in year 4. Taylor Rapp is 27. Josh is 28.

And then:

The Buffalo Bills are the oldest team in the NFL, with a Week 1 average age of 27 years, 5 months, 29 days.

https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/nfl-teams-average-age

You really fixate on odd things. You do you bud.

Clearly there's a lot of people who thought we were better then we are.

well I would say almost everyone here thought the Bills were better than they are.

and I’m pretty certain nearly all of them came to this conclusion without someone telling them how to think about this…

3 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

The narrative:

"everybody eats"

The truth:

The narrative:

"Bad matchup"

The truth:

Honest question then - If we go into OT and beat a winning team on the road, would this post exist? 

Because if you take away an idiotic plan with 30 seconds and just run run run or a 60 yard FG, we are likely 4-1. 

We beat them 17-0 in the 2nd half before that .. 

I mean it was a three game sample size that the offense was rolling and WR didn't seem to be an issue. Not just "the first two weeks". We are five games in and the offense has been lights out for three games and dreadful for the last two. I'll continue to hold off on a final verdict until I see what the next two games look like. 

Biggest thing I have noticed different these last two games on offense vs the first three is Allen is running for his life on half his passing attempts. Fix that and I think we fine our groove again. But I am sure it's not just pass blocking but other things as well. I'm not convinced we can't find a solution.

You really fixate on odd things. You do you bud.

Clearly there's a lot of people who thought we were better then we are.

After three weeks, the highest scoring offense in the league, five consecutive TD's to start a game and our QB having the highest passer rating through 3 games the league has ever seen, yes, guilty as charged as thinking the WR room was not the canary in the coal mine it was thought to be.

Let's see how the next couple of games go.